Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

(I've borrowed this from elsewhere)

The alternative list of investors is:

Rosemary West

Dennis Neilson

Charles Manson

Anders Brevik

Beverly Allet

Josef Fritzl

All were hoping for anonymity obviously

With middle Eastern Money coming from the estate of the late Osama Bin Laden (Who's name interestingly is an anagram of Die Banal Mason)

So Green is:

Quote 1) .. definitely NOT the new owner of Rangers yet.

Quote 2) ...definitely the new owner of Rangers.

He owns Craig Whytes shares but the administrators are still in control of the club. They will be until they come out of administration - one way or another. At that point Green will either be the owner of the club or the owner of some shares in a liquidated company

The whole thing sickens me, though.

I know what you're saying, but it pretty much makes a mockery of the competition.

I know, so all we can do when being realistic is hope for as much pain as possible. Even just for a season, the Rangers fans having to watch their kids grimly hold on for a 0-0 at Rugby Park to stay in the league would be worth the admittance fee alone. Just imagine they got relegated. I don't think I'd ever stop laughing.

If they are relegated, their fans will be singing championees for three years straight before challenging for the title in their first season back.

I know, so all we can do when being realistic is hope for as much pain as possible. Even just for a season, the Rangers fans having to watch their kids grimly hold on for a 0-0 at Rugby Park to stay in the league would be worth the admittance fee alone. Just imagine they got relegated. I don't think I'd ever stop laughing.

But they can't be relegated. They would change the rules again if the 'weakened' Rangers team next season looked like finishing in last position.

That's why this whole farce is more than just about a newco being in the SPL next season. It's all about the OF and Scottish football. When Rangers get back in next season it's confirming they are bigger than the game which therefore kills any semblance of genuine morality and competition left in this country.

But they can't be relegated. They would change the rules again if the 'weakened' Rangers team next season looked like finishing in last position.

On the plus side of that, perhaps that's just the thing that we need to make the SPL change to a 16 or 18 team league and end this borefest.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Are they still anonymous? These 5, or 6, or 20, or (insert number here). I'm guessing that one of the first questions asked of Mr Green at last night's meeting with the SFA and SPL suits was that they needed to know who the people in the shadows were, and for there to be no possible chance that this take-over might be in any way dodgy. In fact, it would have been funny if an SFA or SPL official had stood up and demanded to know 'Who ARE these people!?'

We need to know - isn't that right, Rangers FC?

According to the Daily Ranger this morning at his meeting with the SFA and SPL he tried to allay fears that he may not be a fit and proper owner. I hope he was not successful.

I've been trying this for a while and it has me stumped.

Can anyone sing 'We are Rangers, We face Dangers' to themselves without instinctively feeling a twitch in their shoulders? Sometimes, if I'm doing well I can avoid the full 'shoulder shuffle' but I still get the twitching inside one of my shoulders (its usually the left first).

I am the only one this has happened to?

Rangers are hit by another couple of body-blows at the conclusion of the BTC and the SPL double contracts investigation. Rangers, despite having played the "Scottish Football is nothing without us" card as hard as they can, jump before they are pushed and resign from the SFA/SPL. Rangers attempt to set up a European/Atlantis/Orange League from scratch, it all turns to shit in short order and everyone gets to point and laugh.

Meanwhile, back in Scotland, Celtic realise that it makes no commercial sense to piss money away on a one-horse race of a league. They cut back their spending accordingly. The differential between Celtic and the rest of the league, in terms of both player quality and wages, narrows.

Suddenly, the league is more competitive and the other clubs realise that with a run of decent results, just about any club could be challenging for top 3 finishes. The league becomes much tighter and more competitive, racking up wider local support, interest, and spectator numbers.

The sectarian nonsense that has plagued Scottish football is reduced to the sound of one hand clapping now that one half of the problem has left the building. As it fizzles out and stops, Scottish Football becomes a much more attractive option for a Saturday afternoon family outing. Clubs aren't slow in taking advantage of the marketing opportunities. Average spectator numbers double.

There's a real buzz around Scottish Football. Clubs increase their local involvement by encouraging their players to obtain coaching qualifications, and running football coaching sessions with local schools and community groups. All the kids in the coaching groups are offered discounted family tickets to the club. Local interest rises to an all time high. Spectator numbers treble. Club Chairmen look at the figures and see that they are getting three times the spectator income for no more expenditure on the park. They thank their lucky stars that Rangers walked, because they know in their heart of hearts that this wouldn't have happened if they had voted to keep them in.

Nobody misses Rangers.

If Carlsberg did footballing utopia......................

Seriously, why wouldn't this happen? It's at least as POSSIBLE as the apolcalyptical warnings issued by the Traynors, Youngs and Guidis if the world.......................

In the bad old days, before the transfer window thingy, if a guy played a blinder against the OF on a Saturday, he'd be signed up by them by 5pm on the Monday. I specifically remember this happened to Bobby McKean, and I think to Ally McLeod, from The Saints. Not that they wanted them in their team, it was just to stop them playing against them.

A few problems with this.

1. St. Mirren weren't same division as Rangers when we sold McKean to them so McKean playing against them wouldn't have been a problem.

2. Bobby McKean was a regular at Ibrox and was capped by Scotland.

3. Ally McLeod was sold to Southampton, not Rangers.

"His idea is to have investors owning from 1% to 15%. All 26,000 current fan share holders will be invited to invest and given 2 or 3 years to fund their investment"

I'm 200% sure that 26,000 people can't each own 1% of something, even with the Seville calculator.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Get ready for the SPL vote. Get ready for the SPL chairmen to do whatever it takes to vote Rangers to continue in the SPL, no matter what.

We will be fobbed off with this being a chance to change the voting structure, change the distribution of monies, and move to a bigger league.

The real reason will be chairmen doing whatever is necessary to appease a TV company. A secondary reason will be clubs like Kilmarnock who have thousands and thousands more visiting Rangers fans than a small stadium like St Mirren's can take, with chairmen of clubs like that dropping their drawers and taking it for ra' Gers.

We are about to be raped up the arse people... Get ready.

On the plus side of that, perhaps that's just the thing that we need to make the SPL change to a 16 or 18 team league and end this borefest.

The only way to end this borefest is to have no OF but we're about to see this will never be allowed to happen. Even if they did manage to join some made up league somewhere sometime they would leave their B team in the SPL.

Rangers have cheated their way into extinction yet some of the same people they have cheated are about to resurrect them thus missing a once only opportunity to save Scottish football.

When Rangers are in the SPL next season there is no plus side.

A few problems with this.

1. St. Mirren weren't same division as Rangers when we sold McKean to them so McKean playing against them wouldn't have been a problem.

2. Bobby McKean was a regular at Ibrox and was capped by Scotland.

3. Ally McLeod was sold to Southampton, not Rangers.

Thanks for the upodate, it was a long time ago. I did have some feeling that Ally might be wrong, but there was another who went straight to either RFC or CFC on the Monday after a blinding game against one of THEM.

Get ready for the SPL vote. Get ready for the SPL chairmen to do whatever it takes to vote Rangers to continue in the SPL, no matter what.

We will be fobbed off with this being a chance to change the voting structure, change the distribution of monies, and move to a bigger league.

The real reason will be chairmen doing whatever is necessary to appease a TV company. A secondary reason will be clubs like Kilmarnock who have thousands and thousands more visiting Rangers fans than a small stadium like St Mirren's can take, with chairmen of clubs like that dropping their drawers and taking it for ra' Gers.

What dates are we looking at now for key decisions?

Duff & Duffer making offer to creditors?

Creditors decision date?

Latest date for Rangers to be in a position play next season?

Date for SPL chairmen to meet to decide if Rangers are in or out?

Nimmo Smith report?

BBC documentary. (Wednesday 23rd May)

Date when player contracts cease?

If we know these will allow us to focus our attention. ph34r.gif

What dates are we looking at now for key decisions?

Duff & Duffer making offer to creditors?

Creditors decision date?

Latest date for Rangers to be in a position play next season?

Date for SPL chairmen to meet to decide if Rangers are in or out?

Nimmo Smith report?

BBC documentary. (Wednesday 23rd May)

Date when player contracts cease?

If we know these will allow us to focus our attention. ph34r.gif

No need to convince me mate. The SPL though? Watch....

than a small stadium like St Mirren's can take, with chairmen of clubs like that dropping their drawers and taking it for ra' Gers.

St Mirren will also vote to take it up the arse from Rangers. That's been made clear already.