Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This is clearly not happening just now, as I said before some of the figures which are being taken as fact are simply bullsh!t. And some of them we know enough about to show that..

In the statement from the ArabTrust it was mentioned that the club have said that they will lose in the region of £300,000 of gate/commercial income if there was no Rangers in the league.

I would contend that United would GAIN money on gate receipts next year if Rangers were shown the door. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why:

Attendances of last 5 SPL Rangers games at Tannadice:

Attendances of last 5 SPL Dundee FC games at Tannadice:

Apologies for any typing mistakes which may be here, but I'm away from the comp and the touch screen drives me round the bend!

As many posters have pointed out, we can't even trust the stuff that our own clubs and affiliates are peddling. I assume the Arabtrust statement only takes the view of the potential lost revenue from the gate money, corporate hospitality etc. and only if there were no games against anyone to replace them, so its a skewed view in that respect. No one can accurately predict the swing in attendance/revenue without Rangers, so they just offer up the figures without them to appear to give weight to a flawed argument.

I haven't had a season ticket at Tannadice since 1987 because I started working in 1988 - so I just bought tickets for games I could go to (every third week) or paid at the turnstiles if the option was there. Same for away games. Now my work situation has changed and as of summer, I have weekends off so I can attend every match just as this shit hits the fan! If Rangers get in scot free, thats a revenue stream that will be lost to United and the other teams every week because I will not go to any SPL game ever again as a point of principle. I'd rather take up fishing.

If, on the other hand, Rangers take the drop and serve their punishment/disappear completely (here's hoping) I'll buy 3 season tickets, one for me and one for my son and stepson because I can spend more time with them and do more of the old 'bonding' thing around something we all have a passion for. Plus my old mum likes a visit to the football on occasion and so does my daughter.

Its impossible to factor variables like this into the equation so the clubs and the media just try scaremonger with their unquantifiable projections. Plus this year, there's no way in October with the results we had that the United board were thinking they'd have some European money in the pot. The whole thing ebs and flows, we can only hope Rangers will sink without a trace so that the tide can finally turn.

(apologies for all the nautical references, I'm making myself RFC sick)

Edit for typos

Edited by chrismcarab

This has probably been mentioned already, however I missed quite a lot of pages and I've just read this. Rangers stayed at a hotel...before their match with CELTIC less than a month ago. These c***s must die.

Though I obviously detest the Cockwomble, Doncaster isn't actually doing anything here that wouldn't be expected of someone in the same role, and therefore it's pretty pointless getting wound up by his behaviour. He represents the member clubs of the SPL, and it is therefore his remit to defend each and every one of them against any sanctions being imposed by another body whether they are relevant or not. If there is nothing in the rules to prevent a NewCo existing in the SPL next season then, on that front, Rangers have done nothing wrong; it is the SPL's fault for not legislating against such a scenario despite precedents having been set by Motherwell, Dundee, Gretna et al.

Donkeymaster should be regarded as nothing more than a sideshow to the main feast. Rangers will be liquidated because their mountain of debt, which is presently pretty intimidating, will become unassailable with the very likely rejection of their BTC appeal. When this happens, it forces Green's hand as he will not be able to achieve a CVA (which is subject to his deal with the transfer of shares from Our Lord Craig Whyte). He will either have to form the NewCo and take on the full force of the titanic shitberg that will hit Rangers then or he will simply back off and Rangers will deservedly drown in the cesspit of their excess over the past two decades.

Everything else, all this posturing from the Cockwomble against the SFA sanctions, is a distraction. I don't consider it to be a coincidence that the administrators have gone very quiet over the past few days. The BBC doco on Wednesday will hopefully further galvanise the public and authorities against Rangers and, very possibly, we will soon witness the beginning of the end.

And then we can all get to work on Celtic.

1337642584[/url]' post='6260879']

This has probably been mentioned already, however I missed quite a lot of pages and I've just read this. Rangers stayed at a hotel...before their match with CELTIC less than a month ago. These c***s must die.

These administrators have been a f*cking joke since day 1.

There really is no excuse for that sort of waste from the people charged with cutting costs at the company to achieve maximum return for the creditors.

How does wasting money on hotel rooms increase the value for the creditors? It doesn't and therefore is an expense that should have been done away with. Simple as that.

Donkeymaster should be regarded as nothing more than a sideshow to the main feast. Rangers will be liquidated because their mountain of debt, which is presently pretty intimidating, will become unassailable with the very likely rejection of their BTC appeal. When this happens, it forces Green's hand as he will not be able to achieve a CVA (which is subject to his deal with the transfer of shares from Our Lord Craig Whyte). He will either have to form the NewCo and take on the full force of the titanic shitberg that will hit Rangers then or he will simply back off and Rangers will deservedly drown in the cesspit of their excess over the past two decades.

The debt is huge, it will almost certainly now result in them forming a Newco. But the longer this drags on the more it seems obvious that that Newco will get straight back into the SPL with minimal sanctions.

The deal to buy the club is reliant on the CVA going through. But if the CVA doesn't go through then Green doesn't want the club, only its assets. Supposedly a price has already been agreed for the stadium etc. (why this is allowed I don't know as surely it has to go on the open market to try and achieve the highest possible amount for the creditors during liquidation, but since when has anything that H&D done in this fiasco made any sense)

Though I obviously detest the Cockwomble, Doncaster isn't actually doing anything here that wouldn't be expected of someone in the same role, and therefore it's pretty pointless getting wound up by his behaviour. He represents the member clubs of the SPL, and it is therefore his remit to defend each and every one of them against any sanctions being imposed by another body whether they are relevant or not. If there is nothing in the rules to prevent a NewCo existing in the SPL next season then, on that front, Rangers have done nothing wrong; it is the SPL's fault for not legislating against such a scenario despite precedents having been set by Motherwell, Dundee, Gretna et al.

There are plenty of things not in the SPL rule book. There's nothing in the rule book saying that the 3rd Division champions don't earn promotion to the SPL. That doesn't mean Alloa wiill be turning up at Rugby Park next season.

Has the influx of foreign "talent" improved our game....our national team's standing and clubs side's performances in Europe just seem to get worse by the year

Frankly we could do with a reality check and a more sensible wage structure which might see home grown talent get more of a chance.

I'd say yes the performances get worse as more mediocre foreigners keep coming to replace the key youngsters these English leagues keep stealing for peanuts by bribing them with more money than our clubs can pay.Also these foreign players are sometimes bribed to Scotland with better money than they would get in their league.

Our country does provide England unfortunately with quality home grown players through our youth systems,proves one thing we can produce excellent quality players it's just holding onto them that's the problem.:(

The SKY bubble the England Premiership is in might feel the wrath of Murdoch hopefully and then we may lose less of our star youths to the English at least.

BUT ! we may find out how good the Rangers youth academy is next year :D.

1337645847[/url]' post='6260974']

There are plenty of things not in the SPL rule book. There's nothing in the rule book saying that the 3rd Division champions don't earn promotion to the SPL. That doesn't mean Alloa wiill be turning up at Rugby Park next season.

Correct. Equally, there is no rule about penalty deductions to any side that decides to play its games wearing emu costumes. But there is nobody trying to make a case for it, similar to your own example, so I don't really see what your point is.

1337644353[/url]' post='6260935']

Don't kid yourself, your chairmen can't bring themselves to kill the hvns off when they're terminal. It's laughable that you would even think it possible.:D

Excuse me? My club's chairman has very much implied he will be voting for sporting integrity above suckling at the blistered teet of Rangers. Whether he follows through on that is debateable, but that is the stall he has set out.

I would be more concerned about the vote of your own club's chairman should it come to pass, and how it will most certainly expose the symbiotic relationship of your two cursed teams. If Rangers die, Celtic should be very much on notice that their domineering behaviour will not be tolerated now that they have nobody with whom to stand shoulder to shoulder in their cartel of protectionism. They will still enjoy revenues relative to their larger support, but over time they would most definitely be drawn back into the pack - and we'll see how full Darkhead will be then.

Excuse me? My club's chairman has very much implied he will be voting for sporting integrity above suckling at the blistered teet of Rangers. Whether he follows through on that is debateable, but that is the stall he has set out.

I would be more concerned about the vote of your own club's chairman should it come to pass, and how it will most certainly expose the symbiotic relationship of your two cursed teams. If Rangers die, Celtic should be very much on notice that their domineering behaviour will not be tolerated now that they have nobody with whom to stand shoulder to shoulder in their cartel of protectionism. They will still enjoy revenues relative to their larger support, but over time they would most definitely be drawn back into the pack - and we'll see how full Darkhead will be then.

your clubs chairman made a big show of the sporting integrity aspect because you were about to be relegated and could only gain from the situation, and no he wont follow through either because due to relegation and the vote postponement your club is no longer involved in any SPL business.

i have a good idea how lawell will vote but he will live or die by that decision c'est la vie.

as for being on notice, i'll crack the jokes, your chairmen don't have the collective balls to do anything to significantly change things, they even threatened to resign but bottled it so until that point i suggest you lobby your chairman and do something about your inferiority complex.;)

Edited by pansypotterthedirtyrotter

This is everybodies last chance to tell your chairman how you feel about this before they vote.

Find out your clubs e-mail address and fire off a short note telling them your feelings about Rangers.

It's NOW or NEVER.

Is that the one where he's standing clapping with everyone else as St Johnstone lift the Europa Cup?

No, he's still a c**t there, but I am a bit less bothered since the Sky Sports News girls have turned up for a sleepover again.

I am not sure what folk are worrying about. All Neil Doncaster and the SPL chairmen can do is clear a path for a newco to come back into the SPL fold. They cannot actually make it happen. That requires a prime mover, with initiative, to set up the new structure and transfer the players. It also requires someone with the pragmatism to accept the situation and also the nerve to tell some hard truths to the fans. In particular, it requires someone with the best interests of Rangers at heart, along with all the qualities mentioned.

There is nobody to do this. Anyone who really has Rangers' best wishes is no more than a helpless pawn in the game. The real players are self-serving vultures. All this chicanery by the SPL chairmen is nothing more than a gesture to tell us that it wasn't their fault Rangers went out of business - they did their bit to help.

I am not sure what folk are worrying about. All Neil Doncaster and the SPL chairmen can do is clear a path for a newco to come back into the SPL fold. They cannot actually make it happen. That requires a prime mover, with initiative, to set up the new structure and transfer the players. It also requires someone with the pragmatism to accept the situation and also the nerve to tell some hard truths to the fans. In particular, it requires someone with the best interests of Rangers at heart, along with all the qualities mentioned.

There is nobody to do this. Anyone who really has Rangers' best wishes is no more than a helpless pawn in the game. The real players are self-serving vultures. All this chicanery by the SPL chairmen is nothing more than a gesture to tell us that it wasn't their fault Rangers went out of business - they did their bit to help.

If a newco gets a green light to enter the SPL there will be any number of vultures delighted to pick up the remnants of Rangers on the cheap. A debt free Rangers is worth a damn sight more than Green's £8.5m. What would be amusing is if a number of splinter groups applied for the newco slot, making a mockery of continuation. If the double contracts allegations hold water though I expect the SFA to expel them regardless of what our gutless chairmen want.

I'm no expert, but I would imagine the SFA would have it within their power to apply sanctions to a club found guilty under any SPL or SFL investigation if the event was serious enough.

But thats really just an assumption on my part on the grounds of common sense since they are the main body of power.

I'm no expert, but I would imagine the SFA would have it within their power to apply sanctions to a club found guilty under any SPL or SFL investigation if the event was serious enough.

But thats really just an assumption on my part on the grounds of common sense since they are the main body of power.

No expert either. However, if the SFA did go lightly/whitewash as I implied above, I still don't see how the SFA could come in after such a determination and impose stronger penalties on the back of an investigation they had not carried out themselves.

Thinking about it, the only route-in for the SFA I can forsee is if the SPL felt this was such a significant matter (i.e. they get brown-trousers about doing anything about it themselves!) that their decision is to turn the investigation findings and the issue in-total over to the SFA as a matter which only the SFA can decide upon.

No expert either. However, if the SFA did go lightly/whitewash as I implied above, I still don't see how the SFA could come in after such a determination and impose stronger penalties on the back of an investigation they had not carried out themselves.

Thinking about it, the only route-in for the SFA I can forsee is if the SPL felt this was such a significant matter (i.e. they get brown-trousers about doing anything about it themselves!) that their decision is to turn the investigation findings and the issue in-total over to the SFA as a matter which only the SFA can decide upon.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the SPL can only facilitate a transfer of SPL Share, however the SFA can refuse to transfer/issue membership to any Newco...

My worry about this is simply this: if the cockwomble can wait for weeks before saying that a newco is fine and dandy and will get not even a slap on the left buttock, whats to stop the spl saying anything to do with the double contracts is nothing to do with whyte and rangers (or even god forbid a newco) was from a previous dictatorship and cannot now be used against the rangers or newco. cockwomble may even say that theres nothing to see here, move along now.nothing would surprise meabout this corrupt

nelson_muntz_ha_ha.jpg

Rats already leaving the lifeboat!:

Tycoon Mike McDonald quits Charles Green's takeover team over SFA transfer ban

MANCHESTER businessman Mike McDonald is to pull out of Charles Green's Rangers takeover because a ban on transfers has scuppered his plans to make millions onAlly McCoist's summer signing targets.

McDonald last night confirmed he will not now help fund the buyout unless Green can somehow overturn the SFA's 12-month embargo.

McDonald insisted his decision to walk away will not damage his friend Green's chances of completing a proposed £8.5million purchase of the Ibrox club, as he had never agreed to help bankroll the initial bid.

But the 70-year-old confirmed he was willing to plough some of his own fortune into a transfer fighting fund which would have seen him then claim "part ownership" on any new signing secured with his cash.

He said: "Charles is setting up a consortium who will run the club. I was never going to be a part of that because I'm retired now.

"My main interest was investing in new players but last Wednesday we got the news the embargo is standing so obviously that has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works from my perspective. That's not to say when it's lifted in a year's time or whatever, I'll not look at it again. I probably will.

"But right now Charles says he doesn't need me. It's a bit sad really because it would have been great to be involved in getting a side out there and challenging for Europe where the big play is. Obviously that's going to be a bit of a slog now but I'm sure Charles will make a success of it."

Former Sheffield United chairman McDonald, who employed Green as the club's chief executive in the 90s, explained the pair's plan would have seen money "loaned" to the club to help finance McCoist's squad improvements.

He would then have been entitled to a personal cut of any future transfer fees if those players were sold on at a profit.

The money-making scheme was dashed last week when the SFA upheld its original decision to blackball Rangers from buying new players until summer 2013.

But McDonald's admission is likely to alarm many of the club's already anxious supporters following the trauma inflicted upon them by Craig Whyte.

Even McDonald admits to having doubts that such a scheme could be successfully implemented at Ibrox.

He said: "I was going to be more involved on the playing side than anything else. It could have worked in different ways, depending on how much finance there was. If the club wanted money for players we would have been there. These part-ownership schemes happen a lot now around the world. People invest in potential.

"Mainly, I've been involved in doing it with lower clubs, not the size of Rangers. But when you have small clubs that are struggling for money, you help them look at young players coming through – 17- or 18-year-olds.

"You put the money in and when those kids go to higher clubs there is some profit. But at a club the size of Rangers I'm not sure how it would work so it's probably a good thing (that the plans have changed).The way I understand it, Charles has the funding in place to run the club without having to look for loans so they should be okay."

English agent Paul Stretford had also been linked to the McDonald-Green venture but it remains to be seen if the high profile wheeler-dealer will have a part to play now the SFA embargo has stuck.

But Green continues to pull his Sevco consortium together from all corners of the globe. The group's financial adviser has been revealed as Imran Ahmad, who recently moved to English investment banking operation Zeus Capital.

Ahmad founded the London firm Allenby Capital Limited in 2009. It has been listed as an adviser and broker in several announcements by Singapore-based mining investment firm Nova Resources limited, of which Green is chairman.

A Malaysian hotelier who Green refers to as Jude Allen but is also known as Javed Abdullah, has been confirmed as one of the chief investors.

Green has also named Middle Eastern lawyer Mazen Houssami as another in his 20-strong list of potential money men. More backers are expected to be announced soon, with a Far Eastern party set to go public, possibly today.

But McDonald said: "He seems to have people in place who are nearer to Scotland to Rangers than I would have been. I'm based in Belgium so I'm miles away. Charles has all his ducks in a line and I'm not interfering with it.

"The people he needs are people who will give him money and be good for the club. He's getting lots of interest from Glasgow people and Rangers supporters. They should be his first port of call. Ironically he now has quite a lot of people and at some stage he's going to have to thin it out because too many cooks spoil the broth.

"That's why we were prepared to sit back and allow the White Knights or the Red Knights or whatever they were called to get on with it. When they didn't deliver we came in. It's the same now with these investments.

"It's still a great opportunity to invest in because the club can really only go one way from now. I think Charles is going to sort it out and be very successful. He's the right man for the job."

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23868604/

Edited by Claymores

Though I obviously detest the Cockwomble, Doncaster isn't actually doing anything here that wouldn't be expected of someone in the same role, and therefore it's pretty pointless getting wound up by his behaviour. He represents the member clubs of the SPL

No, we should be wound up by the Cockwomble, because of the '10 team SPL or we die' bullshit, followed by his performance here. Yes, he does represent the SPL clubs - but I know that when he came out on the steps of Hampden and spouted his '10 team SPL is the ONLY game in town' shit - some SPL chairmen spat their cornflakes across the living room, because they hadn't been consulted, hadn't discussed it to that degee, hadn't voted on it. The Cockwomble was speaking with no remit from the clubs to do so. Just my personal opinion, but I think he's an arrogant gobshite who talks in terms such as 'maximising the brand' and 'exposing the product to new market variables' - and as such, shouldn't be trusted as far as he could be thrown, and should have his smug arse booted down Aitkenhead Road in jig time.

Just my opinion like.

A Cockwomble. Pictured last week in captivity....

post-11339-0-80770000-1337670872_thumb.j

Edited by pozbaird