Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Is Doncaster not forgetting that the last Scottish club to exit administration via a newco rather than CVA were removed from senior football and then had an unsuccessful application to rejoin division 3. Or was that not part of UK football?

ETA - I was meaning Airdrieonians but now that I think about Gretna have been liquidised since, although newco Gretna weren't readmitted which kinda backs up my point

Edited by ribzanelli

IMO our football authorities - SFA, SFL and SPL - need a total overhaul. I therefore put forward the following for discussion:

The head body that 'oversees' the others, theSFA, becomes FFS (Football Federation of Scotland)

The SFL and SPL combine to become FLAPS (Football League Association and Premiership Scotland)

A new, separate, body is set up concentrating on issues specifically concerning the top club sides and the national team - PISS (Premier and International Soccer Scotland)

These new bodies can work alone or combine their boards where appropriate, for example PISS FLAPS or even PISS FLAPS FFS (for mega important decisions e.g. a newspaper headline of the future might read: Rangers Doomed by PISS FLAPS FFS etc)

And I wouldn't get shot of Doncaster (though purely for comedy reasons). For example, allow Doncaster and his key colleagues at the SPL to remain as advisors to the other football bodies - we'll call them DONKEY for short.

Now, I'm pretty sure Rangers will be born again in some form but they'll try and sneak back in using a watered-down name - say FC Rangers but abbreviating this to FCRs.

Just imagine, we could see future headlines on the back pages of The Daily Record and The Scottish Sun read along the lines of

FCRs Blast PISS FLAPS, DONKEY PISS FLAPS Slam FCRs or Revealed - DONKEY Member is Rampant FCR or even DONKEY MEMBER SLAMS PISS FLAPS.

(tried to get 'GaY FCRs' in there - do any of Green's backers have names beginning with 'Y'?)

Sorry.

Edited by Montague Withnail

I hear Rangers are big on UK football.

There is still a large part of me that feels that no matter what happens, Rangers will be playing either in the SPL or SFL next season whether we like it or not. I'm not sure despite all the debts and liabilities that Rangers will actualy die - sorry to sound pessimistic - I am really enjoying this thread.

I hear Rangers are big on UK football.

There is still a large part of me that feels that no matter what happens, Rangers will be playing either in the SPL or SFL next season whether we like it or not. I'm not sure despite all the debts and liabilities that Rangers will actualy die - sorry to sound pessimistic - I am really enjoying this thread.

At this stage I will be astonished if there is not a Rangers in the SPL next season, Doncaster and the various chairmen have made it clear there is a strong will to ensure it happens, and all it needs is someone willing to pay enough to facilitate the newco switch. It is possible that the EBT/undicsclosed payments issue will blow that process apart, but from what Doncaster has said I think there will just be some more "sporting penalties". Of course those penalties could be fairly severe, which would make a further mockery of the whole SPL system.

I amuses how the Rangers Family, their sympathisers and the bullied SPL think that Sky/ESPN will be interested in showing football from even more deserted stadiums.

The TV companies want a competitive league, the standard doesn't have to be that good, just competitive. They have made plenty of noise in the past about the 'Race for Champions League places' while Man United have cleared off with another title in early April, or the 'chase for the play-offs' between the 23rd to 26th best teams in England. It wasn't all that subtle, but Sky didn't half make a load of references to the atmosphere on Saturday etc... Even Lennon stirred the pot.

TV companies want competitive.

The league will be even less competitive without Rangers though, in the short to medium term.

The amount of fans at the game doesn't have any bearing on how competitive it is either.

I'd love to see Rangers down the pan as much as the next man, but realistically, if you are expecting anything more severe than Rangers in the SPL next year with some penalties, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Allegedly the lawyers have been sittin on the findings for nearly 2 months. Allegedly doncaster is looking for the vote to save him having to do anything......alledgedly

In other words, like the BBC, they are withholding documented evidence of criminal activity? Looks like the police are going to have a field day with various people out with Ibrox as well as in it soon. whistling.gif

Here's a wee thought which might just give you a crumb of comfort, depending upon a couple of things happening. :

1. The transfer embargo stays

2. The overpaid "star" players leave, giving The Pie Man a team of weans to use next season

3. RFC (2012) get the gig to stay in the SPL next season.

Now the fun starts.

5. RFC (2012), average age 17years old, play Ross County at Ibrox in the first game of the season and get humped 8-0. Second game of the season, they're at St Mirren Park, where a capacity 10000 crowd turn up "just in case", and it's 6-0 to the home team.

6. 2nd home game of the season, a "crowd" of 2200 turn up at Ibrox to see RFC (2012) lose 9-5 to Hibernian (well, did you SEE their defence on Saturday?)

7. RFC (2012) travel to Inverness, where Big Tel persuades his boys to go easy on the wee lads and win biy only 2-1.

8. Every SPL club gets a new home attendance record againts RFC (2012) as clubs vie to set a new SPL scoring record.

I HAVE A DREAM !!!!

Do these scorelines take into account the numerous penalty kicks Rangers manage to get in matches whenever they're in a spot of bother?

;)

This was a classic analogy from a Rangers fan this morning

Craig Whyte has been caught doing 90mph in a 60 zone - it seems logical that Rangers should be banned from registering any new vehicles for a 12 month period , we can buy them but not drive them. Celtic and Dundee United issue a joint statement calling for Ibrox to be shut down in the interests of driving integrity.

They'll be asking the SFA to overturn all their defeats last season on the basis that it was all Ally McCoist's fault due to bad tactics, bad signings! :lol:

Do these scorelines take into account the numerous penalty kicks Rangers manage to get in matches whenever they're in a spot of bother?

;)

Aye, that's the five penalties against Hibs, with one sent off for each penalty, (outside the box) just like Saturday. Unfortunately, the ref for that game's a wee bit slow on tghe uptake, and when he was told he had to award RFC (2012) five penalties, he didnae realise he had to spread them out over a full season.

They'll be asking the SFA to overturn all their defeats last season on the basis that it was all Ally McCoist's fault due to bad tactics, bad signings! :lol:

No red cards for Rangers next season, why should they be punished for the rash tackles of one man?

Edited by ribzanelli

Here's a wee thought which might just give you a crumb of comfort, depending upon a couple of things happening. :

1. The transfer embargo stays

2. The overpaid "star" players leave, giving The Pie Man a team of weans to use next season

3. RFC (2012) get the gig to stay in the SPL next season.

Now the fun starts.

5. RFC (2012), average age 17years old, play Ross County at Ibrox in the first game of the season and get humped 8-0. Second game of the season, they're at St Mirren Park, where a capacity 10000 crowd turn up "just in case", and it's 6-0 to the home team.

6. 2nd home game of the season, a "crowd" of 2200 turn up at Ibrox to see RFC (2012) lose 9-5 to Hibernian (well, did you SEE their defence on Saturday?)

7. RFC (2012) travel to Inverness, where Big Tel persuades his boys to go easy on the wee lads and win biy only 2-1.

8. Every SPL club gets a new home attendance record againts RFC (2012) as clubs vie to set a new SPL scoring record.

I HAVE A DREAM !!!!

I predict that, even in this scenario, they will somehow dig deep to beat Motherwell :ph34r:

The league will be even less competitive without Rangers though, in the short to medium term.

The amount of fans at the game doesn't have any bearing on how competitive it is either.

I'd love to see Rangers down the pan as much as the next man, but realistically, if you are expecting anything more severe than Rangers in the SPL next year with some penalties, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

If we can turn a blind eye to two decades of financial corruption, tax evasion & general cheating then we really do have an even bigger joke of a league than we're often cited for having.

Don't disagree with how you see the final outcome though.

If Rangers Newco get in with a newco without any sanctions that will be the death pf Scottish Football. How many people here would return to an SPL match knowing the whole thing is corrupt and without doubt explicitly run for the bigot brothers? Not only that but there's a high chance that your team's chairman voted them back in? Count me out.

Quite ironic that I'm considering going to Cove Rangers games next season. :ph34r:

No red cards for Rangers next season, why should they be punished for the rash tackles of one man?

then the game has to be suspended for 6 weeks while a new replacement is bought and brought on.

Celtic have previously tried this out to a lesser extent when at 1-0 down at St Mirren they substituted Tommy Burns as he walked off after a red card and played on to the end of the match with 11.

I'd like to thank Neil Doncisaster for keeping a fine, if slightly dodgy, British comedy tradition alive.

He appears to have followed the Paul Daniels school of comedy — along with the rest of the Scottish footballing circus.

256557_3.jpg

I've spent all morning looking for hidden cameras around the office, as I'm convinced this is all an elaborate, mind-warping and emotion shattering practical joke on the rest of us.

Souness is to front a new organisation which is going to turn Ibrox into a Rangers FC-themed boutique hotel. Ex Rangers "legends" will be employed in relevant departments -: Andy Goram is to be the wine sommelier (watch those profits go!!), Tam Forsyth will be chief chucker-oot (Ah never touched him, Officer!!)

Sandy Jardine will be credit controller, charged with intimidating customers who don't pay their bills (irony upon irony), and John Greig will just hing aboot the front door, daein' nothing, like he's always done since he stopped playing. The Suits are there to provide endless amounts of money, in the hope that one day it will be aviable venture, and they'll be able to make a profit.

Please feel free to nominate the legend of your choice for any job vacancies.

(Oh, BTW, NCNA, it is Ibrox)

Whilst turning a blind eye to the behind-the-scenes financial skullduggery !