Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Do folks think this latest delay by H&D (the delay in issuing a CVA proposal from Monday past to Monday coming) is significant?

If H&D believed it could be produced by last Monday, I wonder why the timescale in preparing it seems to have almost doubled?

There was a delay with getting the CVA written up

post-30984-0-70854500-1337952452_thumb.j

Here is my summary so far-

McCoist = w**k

Sandy Jardine = w**k

Cockwomble = w**k

David Murray = w**k

Charlie Ghreen = w**k

Media = wanks

Michael Johnstone = w**k

Danny Lennon = w**k

Houston = w**k

Stephen Thomson = w**k

Rangers fans = wanks

HMRC = wanks (so far)

SFA panel = good guys

Whyte = good guy

Getting dumped 4 divisions and kept out of top flight football for half a decade is hardly a 'get out of jail free card'. I bow to no one in my contempt for the ugly sisters, but we should keep some perspective. Juventas only got dropped one division for bribing referees. More than half of Spanish teams are in administration. I understand and share the beautiful vision of both Ibrox and Celtic Park being crushed to rubble, but that isn't going to happen.

It is compared to being chucked out of both the SPL and SFA! Thats kind of my point. If the SPL and SFA expel Rangers and they have to start again and apply for a 3rd place, then so be it. If the SPL expel them and the SFL/SFA agree to let them into the 3rd division, then so be it. At the end of the day the end result is the same, but what is very different is that Rangers have not been allowed to chose their punishment.

Its a bit like letting a mass murderer pick life in prison when the death penalty is available to the judge.

The Hearts comments are depressing. There is only one certainty in all of this is that if any form of Rangers exist, it WILL be in the SPL next season. The best case scenario is heavily sanctioned but I wouldn't even put my money on that to be honest.

How many death threats has your wee pal Thommo received from the Rangers support? Graham Speirs? Mark Guidi? Stuart Cosgrove? Tan Cowan?

None of them have received threats from Rangers supporters..none at all and all have been quite open in their attacks on the club. Why is the Blogger so desperate to keep his identity secret if it is all above board and in the best interests of the club?

For probably exactly the same reasons you don't have your own personal details plastered all over your p&b profile. Hassle they do, quite possibly, not need in their life. Why should their identity be important anyway? If anything, it is better as an anonymous source — fewer things to get in the away of the facts.

Bravo on a good job to the RTC blog. Keep it coming!

Edit: typo.

Edited by LiamDFC

The Hearts comments are depressing. There is only one certainty in all of this is that if any form of Rangers exist, it WILL be in the SPL next season. The best case scenario is heavily sanctioned but I wouldn't even put my money on that to be honest.

The Campbell Ogilvie connection again ?

McCoist = w**k

Sandy Jardine = w**k

Cockwomble = w**k

David Murray = w**k

Charlie Ghreen = w**k

Media = wanks

Michael Johnstone = w**k

Danny Lennon = w**k

Houston = w**k

Stephen Thomson = w**k

Rangers fans = wanks

HMRC = wanks (so far)

Rankers Media = w**ks, but entertaining

SFA panel = good guys

Whyte = good guy

Aberdeen fans = good guys

Motherwell FC = good guys

Yorkston = good guy

Fixed that for you

Edited by TheTaxMan

"The view that the SPL took was that there was sufficient evidence to indicate that the way that Rangers had been paying their players was via a dual method, the payroll and EBTs, so there was a case to answer for," says David Roberts, of the legal firm, Olswang, that represented Bill Miller during his bid for the Ibrox side and held discussions with the SPL. "What Duff & Phelps said to us was that there may be some reticence pushing the investigation forward because a beneficiary of the EBT payments [Campbell Ogilvie] was now on the SFA board, but we saw no evidence of that. My genuine belief was that this was an issue that gave rise to a potential breach of the rules and the SPL were discharging their governing body duties by looking at it. It may also breach the SFA rules as well. It was something being taken very seriously by the authorities."

I noticed that the BBC tried to speak to the people names as benefiting from the EBTs. No one spoke to them, which smacks of it being a concerted plan.

Essential to break the wall of silence and Ogilvie is the most vulnerable to go for because of his current position.

SFA board is below:I reckon 5 of these could be convinced.

Stewart M Regan

Chief Executive

Since his arrival in July 2010, Stewart has led the Scottish FA into a period of radical change.

This culminated in an historical Annual General Meeting in June 2011 at which the members unanimously approved a series of changes, including the abolition of the committee structure, investment in a Performance Strategy and the creation of the Professional and Non Professional Game Boards.

Scotland United: A 2020 Vision also maps out the Scottish FA's strategic objections in line with the McLeish Review of Scottish Football.

Campbell Ogilvie

President

Campbell became President of the Scottish FA after more than 40 years' experience in top-flight Scottish football administration.

He joined the Scottish Football League in May 1970 as assistant secretary, responsible for the administration and implementation of regulations. He was the main liaison with the 38 member clubs and took charge of the appointment of match officials, player registrations and league fixtures.

Alan McRae

First vice-president

Alan was renowned as a gritty and tenacious player when he joined Cove Rangers in 1979. Within five years he had become chairman, leading the Aberdeenshire club from the amateurs, to the ranks of the juniors and eventually to the Highland League.

Alan is respected and well-liked within the game and counts Sir Alex Ferguson and Rod Stewart as close friends.

Rod Petrie

Second vice-president

Rod Petrie is Chairman of Hibernian Football Club. He was appointed to the board in 1996, became full-time Managing Director in 1997 and Chairman in 2004.

Before becoming an executive director of the Hibernian Football Club, Rod Petrie spent six and a half years as an executive director of Quayle Munro, the listed Edinburgh based Investment Bank and 13 years with Ernst & Young, from trainee to audit partner.

Barrie Jackson

Independent Non Executive Director

Barrie, 56, from Edinburgh, is the Scottish FA's first ever Independent Non Executive Director. He has spent most of his career in the brewing and distilling industries, accumulating vast international experience working in many of the world's major markets.

Barrie has also enjoyed a successful period as Chairman of Amsterdam based Maxxium Worldwide NV. He retired from the drinks business in 2010 to broaden his interests and is currently a Non-Executive Director of Tullis Russell Group, a Non-Executive Advisor to the CEO of ACCA in London and a Trustee of the Russell Trust.

Ralph Topping

SPL chairman

Ralph Topping is Chief Executive of William Hill PLC, the UK's leading betting and gaming company. He is responsible for the Group's overall strategic direction and day-to-day management. Ralph joined William Hill in 1973 and has previously held various roles within the Group, including Group Director, Operations, responsible for all UK-based operations.

Since becoming Chief Executive, Ralph has overseen the transformation of William Hill's online business, making it one of the largest in Europe, and the development of its innovative mobile platform.

Tom Johnston

Junior FA President

Tom became Secretary of the Central Region of the SJFA in 1985 until I was approached to join the association as Assistant Secretary in 1991. After eight years in that role, he was appointed secretary in 1999. During that spell, Tom has represented the SJF on various Scottish FA committees including the Executive Committee, the Board and the new Non Professional Game Board.

Tom's first involvement in Junior football came as a player, when he joined Saltcoats Vice in 1966. He played for North Kelvinside Senior Secondary and was approached by his then Geography teacher, Davie Lambie – who later became MP for North Ayrshire – to join Saltcoats Vice. Tom moved from there to Neilston Juniors in 1969 and in his association with the club served as player, coach, manager and secretary until 1985, after which he enjoyed a two-year spell with Giffnock North.

Edited by thelegendthatis

McCoist = w**k

Sandy Jardine = w**k

Cockwomble = w**k

David Murray = w**k

Charlie Ghreen = w**k

Media = wanks

Michael Johnstone = w**k

Danny Lennon = w**k

Houston = w**k

Stephen Thomson = w**k

Rangers fans = wanks

HMRC = wanks (so far)

SFA panel = good guys

Whyte = good guy

Mark Hately = w**k

Andy Goram = w**k

Andy Goram = w**k

Rangers Tax Case = good guy

Rod Petrie (so far) = good guy

Aberdeen Supporters Trust = good guy (apart from as HibeeJibee pointed out some daft comments in their otherwise excellent statement)

The whole point of my lengthy post was to have a body that did not represent any ONE club. But also included people way beyond those who would choose to be involved in a supporters club or trust.

By all means supporters clubs/trusts can work alongside what we choose to do, but give them the choice each time.

So yes, we can tap into them individually or collectively.

Was only a suggestion as a way to short circuit the process by using structures that exist already rather than having to set them up ourselves. Not ideal I know but might save a whole heap of time and effort. I might be wrong but for some reason journalists seem to give more credence to these sorts of organisations. The only reason Dingwall and McMillan get air time.

Also much as I'd like to think my view as a Raith fan matters its the SPL Chairmen making any decision. They won't care what Raith fans think. But if they saw their own support (who provide way more than Rangers to their income) saying f**k you they might stop and think. I think a wide body of fans with an articulate figurehead could work in getting the message out there.

Was only a suggestion as a way to short circuit the process by using structures that exist already rather than having to set them up ourselves. Not ideal I know but might save a whole heap of time and effort. I might be wrong but for some reason journalists seem to give more credence to these sorts of organisations. The only reason Dingwall and McMillan get air time.

Also much as I'd like to think my view as a Raith fan matters its the SPL Chairmen making any decision. They won't care what Raith fans think. But if they saw their own support (who provide way more than Rangers to their income) saying f**k you they might stop and think. I think a wide body of fans with an articulate figurehead could work in getting the message out there.

Div has been on Off the Ball a couple of times, representing Pie and Bovril, last weekend being the most recent. He should have some contacts for getting the word out..

I will end myself laughing if Vlad was to start making noises hinting at letting Rangers back in... only to give a big fat no vote on any Rangers NewCo when it comes. Maximum trolling! :D

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/103244-rangers-take-scottish-fa-to-court-over-player-signing-ban/

Also confirmation that their players can move on for 25% of "perceived market value" once the transfer window opens.

UEFA/FIFA surely will not be happy campers about this. Someone mentioned earlier that this is exactly what got FC Sion crucified.

We can only hope then. :unsure:

Edit :- Another forum speculating that there are 2 possible reasons for H*ns appeal

1. To piss UEFA right off and they revoke the SFA licence, no Scottish clubs in Europe next season.

2. They think that transfer ban might be rescinded whilst the appeal runs it's course.

They are mentalists.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen