Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You are worried that the SPL will have a 2 down policy that would see you relegated, and from what your chairman says dead.

Don't blame the SFL teams for pointing out that the Scottish 1st division is 1 of the only leagues around with no reward for finishing 2nd.

I do agree the SFL should have relegation from div 3 because it creates a stale atmosphere for teams like the Shite.

I'm not worried about the SPL having a 2 down policy at all. I've said before that I think there should be a play-off.

I'm blaming the SFL fans for throwing stones when they live in a glass house. If they want to criticise the SPL's relegation places, they should also do what you have done and acknowledge the issue in their own league.

Is it maybe time for fans to finally say enough is enough?

A lot of fans have been emailing their club chairman and making their feelings clear on the Newco idea, this in turn has lead to a few chairmen popping up in the papers to acknowledge how the fans feel.

Now why not (after Rangers die) we turn our attention to the matter of the stale Scottish set up?

We seem to all want an SPL play-off and Pyramid under div 3, so let's start demanding it.

We actually hold more aces than we give ourselves credit for with season tickets and boycotts our ace card to play.

Am I a lone wolf here spouting nonsense?

Can we end the Killie stuff and continue laughing at Rangers please guys?

I've said all I've got to say.

By all means, but it does illustrate how past actions affect clubs currently, none more so than RFC, yes?

And we didn't cheat to buy success.

1338137562[/url]' post='6278000']

Can we end the Killie stuff and continue laughing at Rangers please guys?

I've said all I've got to say.

Always happy to laugh at rangers. But the thread does seem to be turning more and more to posts about reconstruction, life in the spl without rankers, and what our clubs might look like once the scumbags have gone off to the great flute parade in the sky! I'm taking that as a sign that confidence is rising that they might just be about to get what is coming to them after all!

I do think our chairman is not being very clever in his comments just now. If the blue bigots do go for a few years then I certainly expect him to have a plan for dealing with whatever cuts in income follow that and not just to moan about it. I'd assume that anyone with any business experience will have heard of contingency planning. If he hasn't done that at least with regard to relegation then he shouldn't be in the job.

A lot of fans have been emailing their club chairman and making their feelings clear on the Newco idea, this in turn has lead to a few chairmen popping up in the papers to acknowledge how the fans feel.

Now why not (after Rangers die) we turn our attention to the matter of the stale Scottish set up?

We seem to all want an SPL play-off and Pyramid under div 3, so let's start demanding it.

We actually hold more aces than we give ourselves credit for with season tickets and boycotts our ace card to play.

Good post, we are the customers, what other industry totally ignores their customer base?

Always happy to laugh at rangers. But the thread does seem to be turning more and more to posts about reconstruction, life in the spl without rankers, and what our clubs might look like once the scumbags have gone off to the great flute parade in the sky! I'm taking that as a sign that confidence is rising that they might just be about to get what is coming to them after all!

I do think our chairman is not being very clever in his comments just now. If the blue bigots do go for a few years then I certainly expect him to have a plan for dealing with whatever cuts in income follow that and not just to moan about it. I'd assume that anyone with any business experience will have heard of contingency planning. If he hasn't done that at least with regard to relegation then he shouldn't be in the job.

Given the rumoured plan of administration if we had relegated you, I'm gonnae say your main man has no plan B other than let someone else sort the mess.

[/quote]

Wouldnt think so.....excellent post

By all means, but it does illustrate how past actions affect clubs currently, none more so than RFC, yes?

And we didn't cheat to buy success.

I never once said Killie cheated my man.

Apart from you relegating us, beating us in the 97 final and beating us in the league cup semi, I like Killie.

Cooling off period for CVA finishes July 11. Liquidation the day after? Just saying likes....:lol:

Although July 12 sounds tasty, its hard to believe they can survive another 46 days.

We can but hope though that the laugh-a-thon continues.

Although July 12 sounds tasty, its hard to believe they can survive another 46 days.

We can but hope though that the laugh-a-thon continues.

Only if Green foots the bills, nae income off season, JJB gets all the Orc dollas.

I'm amazed that in today's European superstate culture of greed is good, in fact essential, combined with everybody can basically do what they want without restriction that nobody has challenged the geographical boundaries used in football as a restraint of trade and infringing someone's some sort of rights. Even more money for lawyers too. Surprised they haven't suggested it.

Much like freedom of contract for players, it's a pandora's box. Too many people have too much to lose if football is deregulated. For every player who would profit from being able to walk away from a signed contract with a mid-range club, there would be lots of players at the top level whose market value would consequently evaporate (in fact, they all would, as who's going to pay a transfer fee when they know they can just ask a player to rescind his contract and join? All that would happen is that transfer fees would disappear and signing-on fees would increase.)

The same applies to clubs and borders. Yes, Rangers could leave Scotland and join the EPL. And then Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, City, and Arsenal could leave the EPL and join the European Elite League, leaving Rangers, Sunderland, Spurs and similar-sized clubs holding their tadgers.

The status quo is extremely lucrative. Taking the nuclear option would put a lot of this in jeopardy.