Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Did I just hear correctly on the sportsound podcast ! We need a strong Rankers ?.My first thought went to what we need is a strong Aberdeen,Dundee Utd,Hearts,Hibernian and any other team in the SPL to be a strong team.What we need is a strong league and well supported with TV money as a side bonus to pay the tealady who cuts the oranges for halftime.:D

The way wee Chicco totally defends the Gers is making me think the wee snyde shyte has one of those undisclosed ETB accounts at the firm.Is his paper trail last in line to get shredded at Ibrokes by the way he wants to just bury everything the BIGGEST scandal probably in the WHOLE of the footballing world ever to have existed by the way more and more keeps coming out of Mordhor.

I'm confused about the media pandering to an immediate shoe in for orc central into the SPL so they can sell papers and broadcast stories.They can always say "aye rangers at this time last year when they were in the league" and blah blah.They should be reporting the title fight in the making next season till there is a front runner and also maybe the crickets scores at govan.

He actually said in his defence of the admin at Rangers not "getting back" to the EBT investigating team for a couple of months....it was like you had a stash of guns in your house and the police raid it, would you just tell them where the guns where?:lol:

None of those are Newcos though.

First two were simply cases of a club moving grounds and adjusting its name.

Notably there were [1] no continuation club and [2] most people, rightly, regard Ferranti>Meadowbank>Livingston as 1 outfit.

Airdrieonians no longer exist, and I don't think many people draw a direct link (e.g. official history, honours, etc.) between Airdrieonians and Airdrie United.

His point is a fair one. No-one in England treats Leeds United as a new club. Infact it was only this Rangers debacle which even made me aware of the various English clubs which had Newco'd.

Clachnacuddin fans don't regard their club as new.

However, clearly in the case of Rangers, any Newco will be acclaimed as "new" by rival fans and "old" by their own fans.

Officially, however, they'd be a footballing continuation.

cheers for clearing that up

itzdrk wrong , whod've thunk it ohmy.gif

The authorities need to end this farce...

No need: the money continues to run out, the player contracts will still require reversion to full pay, and there is no credible plan in sight. All this talk and bluster isn't going to change these facts.

It's now May 28th. They're still absolutely fucked. Every day of white noise simply pushes them closer to death. :D

Edited by vikingTON

As it stands, they revert to the original contracts on the 1st of June, and the cash runs out then too.

This friday :D

Sounds much better like that

Edited by Enrico Annoni

As it stands, they revert to the original contracts on the 1st of June, and the cash runs out then too.

Do d&p legally have to have the cash to pay the wages at the start of the month or put the club in insolvency?

Obviously the wages don't get paid for around 4 weeks and everyone knows Rangers' bank account is emptier than most of the fans that watch them, so is it payday when d&p put the club to sleep or do they have to have the money now to cover wages seen as these players are technically working for the club?

Do d&p legally have to have the cash to pay the wages at the start of the month or put the club in insolvency?

Obviously the wages don't get paid for around 4 weeks and everyone knows Rangers' bank account is emptier than most of the fans that watch them, so is it payday when d&p put the club to sleep or do they have to have the money now to cover wages seen as these players are technically working for the club?

I've wondered that too actually, and I don't actually know. If the club don't have any money left though (from memory, the administrators did say they had enough to get by until the end of this month) the running costs and the actual administrators fees etc will also dry up. If Green has actually signed anything to say he'll fund the club beyond this date, then Rangers/D&P would at least have someone to chase up for costs (although I'm wondering if Green's just another show horse).

Interesting week ahead. The panic button has clearly been pushed already with taking the SFA to court. Now is a good time for Green to put up or shut up IMO.

Edited by Kyle

I've wondered that too actually, and I don't actually know. If the club don't have any money left though (from memory, the administrators did say they had enough to get by until the end of this month) the running costs and the actual administrators fees etc will also dry up. If Green has actually signed anything to say he'll fund the club beyond this date, then Rangers/D&P would at least have someone to chase up for costs (although I'm wondering if Green's just another show horse).

Interesting week ahead. The panic button has clearly been pushed already with taking the SFA to court. Now is a good time for Green to put up or shut up IMO.

Well let's say their is not enough in the pot to cover d&p for another month but Green says don't panic I will cover it.

I'd imagine he would have to put the cash in upfront otherwise d&p will walk taking everything they are owed and call in the liquidators.

They won't extend credit to someone who may walk and they don't have cash for themselves.

Also I'm assuming all Rangers players agents will be asking can you pay player x this month? If not I'm on the phone to other clubs now and tearing up his Rangers contract.

June 1st should be an interesting day.

Nobody really believes this though, do they?

Are Leeds United not Leeds United, despite being a newco?

Don't really belong here, but sick of hearing uninformed comparisons like this. Leeds are not, and never were, a new-co club. They were never liquidated and came out of administration in summer 2007, via a CVA.

CVA due to be released today? Or given that we're being told that theres another months worth of cash are we expecting D&P to hang on for a wee bit longer...

Where does it say they've got another months funds to operate ?, as far as I'm aware Charles hasn't actually parted with any money yet. I'd fully expect this landmark deadline to pass with further delays and broken promises.

Maybe Charles Green has a suitcase full of used twentys ready to toss into the club, who knows ?, but nobody to date has seen the colour of his money.

CVA due to be released today? Or given that we're being told that theres another months worth of cash are we expecting D&P to hang on for a wee bit longer...

That bit I don't quite get, if the cash ran out, who pays the bills until CVA agreed (laughs heartily) or liquidation happens, esp as players be back on big buck as of Friday? Ie if there is cash left, it must be a couple of million to pay reverted contracts.

Edited by wunfellaff