Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Whilst I think that this will eventually be irrelevant, surely the SPL comes under the umbrella of the SFA. So, how can they play in an SFA sanctioned ccompetition, without the required SFA Licencing? ( Genuine question, although I know the real answer is because They are The Peepil)

The SFA introduced club licensing in 2006 in an attempt to improve standards among senior clubs

SPL secretary Iain Blair wrote to member clubs on Aug 15 last year, making it clear that "all Clubs and the Candidate Club must comply and have complied with the Financial Disclosure Requirements.

"In effect, the Financial Disclosure Requirements are that Clubs and the Candidate [promoted] Club must – by the dates set out in the Scottish Football Association National Club Licensing Manual – provide to the Company the information required by the Criteria listed in section seven and all of the relevant Criteria in section eight of the manual.

"There are additional requirements for information as set out in appendix three. The date by which this material will require to be provided to the Company in any year is March 31."

MUST COMPLY EH....LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED THIS SFA LICENCE

It is not a requirement of the SPL for members to be in possession of a licence from the SFA," he said.

"Whether clubs do or do not have that licence is not currently relevant to their participation in the SPL

Scottish League sources confirmed that Rangers would be allowed to enter next season's League Cup without the SFA licence.

The ruling body was forced to admit that Rangers would also be allowed to take part in their flagship competition, the Scottish Cup, even though licensing laws suggest they could be kicked out of senior football for failing to meet their requirements.

DID WE SAY MUST COMPLY ....SORRY IT'D JUST BE NICE IF YOU DID..... DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT

Aye Ross County would still be coming up if they'd not submitted their accounts.

I'm currently trying to catch up everything posted in the last 3 days.

I also will spend very little time on here before Tuesday night, so that's gonnae require 1 almighty mug of coffee and a huge part of my night.

Worth it though.

The Big Rangers Administration Thread made me switch to 100 posts per page and its still a bugger to try catch up

link

"We're on track. Relative to other football admins, there's been a good amount of swift progress," Clark said. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"It's very rare these things are resolved in three or four months. Getting the CVA proposal is a major milestone and that will happen on Monday."

OOOH A D&P DEADLINE !

The juniors would NOT want them. .I am sure there is some Glasgow league suitable. Stick them somewhere in your SFA pyramid, which of course the juniors do not participate in, nor intend to

Why not? Because the senior game is riddled with corruption.

Yet they've no problem entering the Senior cup, strangely enough...

Juniors will fall over themselves opening-the-door if some reformation of Rangers applies for admission. Any league would. Money and media profile.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9293521/Rangers-given-licence-to-compete-in-SPL-after-U-turn.html

U turning cockwombles and this shocker:-

Licences are awarded annually on a gold, silver and bronze basis. At present only Celtic, Hibs and St Mirren have achieved the highest standard.

Throw them all out! Gies the champions league place! (hibs are shite in the cups)

Whilst I think that this will eventually be irrelevant, surely the SPL comes under the umbrella of the SFA. So, how can they play in an SFA sanctioned ccompetition, without the required SFA Licencing? ( Genuine question, although I know the real answer is because They are The Peepil)

... prettymuch every league in Scotland comes under the SFA umbrella in 1 way or another. But none yet require SFA licenses to a sufficiently bulletproof degree.

Nobody really believes this though, do they?

Are Leeds United not Leeds United, despite being a newco?

ferranti thistle, Meadowbank Thistle, airdrieonians etc

I accept your point but there is a difference in that there is already a recognised league setup (the SFL itself) for relegated SPL clubs to drop into. The major obstacle in the path of a pyramid system is the lack of such a recognised non league setup for relegated clubs. If the Juniors/Highland League/EOS and SOS were to come together and form a national non league setup - and it could be done without much significant change to the regional setups which already exist - then I have no doubt that a pyramid would very quickly follow.

I disagree with this.

Firstly, certainly the last thing we need is a 5th nationwide tier and 10-odd more clubs playing nationwide.

Secondly, why should non-league clubs establish new structures - whether national or regional - in nothing more than the hope that SFL then open the trapdoor?

It's easy to say SFL won't do anything as non-leaguers haven't acted... why should non-leaguers act when SFL won't do anything?

This is another reason to send Newco Rangers to the Juniors. I'm sure that the presence of a zombie Rangers side playing non league football and waiting to get back to senior football would focus the minds of the authorities who have until now shown very little initiative in getting a pyramid system in place. We would have a pyramid in no time at all. It would also be the morally correct decision as the objections to Rangers starting again in the SPL apply equally to them starting in SFL 3. Going to the juniors, where they would not be jumping the queue, would be different. And yes, I know fine that it's not going to work out like that.

I agree with this though.

A reformed Rangers shouldn't, morally, get into SFL3. And going non-league... whether that be Senior, Junior or Amateur... could invigorate pyramid progress.

Edited by HibeeJibee

:lol:

The authorities need to end this farce...do Rangers need to start killing people and selling them as pies before they are chased :D

It's so absurd that it's becoming funny now, it's like watching the producers, I'm expecting to see Green, the duffers, Oglive, Doncaster and Murray with a special appearence from Herr Whyte performing this outside Ibrox

Did I just hear correctly on the sportsound podcast ! We need a strong Rankers ?.My first thought went to what we need is a strong Aberdeen,Dundee Utd,Hearts,Hibernian and any other team in the SPL to be a strong team.What we need is a strong league and well supported with TV money as a side bonus to pay the tealady who cuts the oranges for halftime.:D

The way wee Chicco totally defends the Gers is making me think the wee snyde shyte has one of those undisclosed ETB accounts at the firm.Is his paper trail last in line to get shredded at Ibrokes by the way he wants to just bury everything the BIGGEST scandal probably in the WHOLE of the footballing world ever to have existed by the way more and more keeps coming out of Mordhor.

I'm confused about the media pandering to an immediate shoe in for orc central into the SPL so they can sell papers and broadcast stories.They can always say "aye rangers at this time last year when they were in the league" and blah blah.They should be reporting the title fight in the making next season till there is a front runner and also maybe the crickets scores at govan.

ferranti thistle, Meadowbank Thistle, airdrieonians etc

None of those are Newcos though.

First two were simply cases of a club moving grounds and adjusting its name.

Notably there were [1] no continuation club and [2] most people, rightly, regard Ferranti>Meadowbank>Livingston as 1 outfit.

Airdrieonians no longer exist, and I don't think many people draw a direct link (e.g. official history, honours, etc.) between Airdrieonians and Airdrie United.

His point is a fair one. No-one in England treats Leeds United as a new club. Infact it was only this Rangers debacle which even made me aware of the various English clubs which had Newco'd.

Clachnacuddin fans don't regard their club as new.

However, clearly in the case of Rangers, any Newco will be acclaimed as "new" by rival fans and "old" by their own fans.

Officially, however, they'd be a footballing continuation.