Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rapid Vienna seem to be under the impression that they can say no to the CVA, yet still get every penny owed to them. Very admirable but, erm - good luck with that!

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-administration-rapid-vienna-planning-to-reject-cva-proposal-1-2350099

I am not surprised Rapid Vienna are taking that position outlined in the Scotsman report. If the situations were reversed I would expect any Scottish club, including Rangers, to adopt exactly the same stance.

I am not surprised Rapid Vienna are taking that position outlined in the Scotsman report. If the situations were reversed I would expect any Scottish club, including Rangers, to adopt exactly the same stance.

Rapid's end game may well be for sfa/uefa/fifa (Anybody!) to intervene in Everton paying the Jelavic fee somehow. Not convinced they will do it but as they will get £90k max from a cva they've nothing to lose and I think they'll stick in and make a lot of trouble. It's these little bits that will finally do for RFC; they have an amazing ability to disgust everyone who crosses their path.

Skimming through this page at first, I thought that this:

Was supposed to worryingly follow on from this:

Must read through things properly.

I, too, am desperately trying to catch up, and I initially thought the same! ohmy.gif

Do Rangers not have a deadline for their annual audited accounts to be handed in by the 15th? :unsure:

Or am I making that up? Seems to have been swept under the rug, that one.

Aye they got an extention a couple of weeks back.... if they miss that then another extension.... then delay the season start etc etc

Rapid's end game may well be for sfa/uefa/fifa (Anybody!) to intervene in Everton paying the Jelavic fee somehow. Not convinced they will do it but as they will get £90k max from a cva they've nothing to lose and I think they'll stick in and make a lot of trouble. It's these little bits that will finally do for RFC; they have an amazing ability to disgust everyone who crosses their path.

There's no way UEFA or the SFA will allow Rangers to get away with bumping clubs. Which is one of the things which will stop the CVA being approved.

Out of interest. How much money did Motherwell and Dundee fans raise? And in what time scale?

Can't remember tbh. With us there was an initial burst which raised tens of thousands within a few weeks but it pretty quickly became clear it wasn't needed.

Out of interest. How much money did Motherwell and Dundee fans raise? And in what time scale?

i reckon we/they raised £150k in 3months, may be wrong but it was enough to offer the vast sum of 6p in the £.

we got lucky beacuase our administrator managed to juggle figures to prevent HMRC (and billy dodds) blocking the CVA and the other debt was effectively written off by mr's melville and brannan.

the club dodged a massive bullet and is now being run properly (i believe) :rolleyes:

Do Rangers not have a deadline for their annual audited accounts to be handed in by the 15th? :unsure:

Or am I making that up? Seems to have been swept under the rug, that one.

I believe Birmingham City are still subject to a transfer embargo for being late with one years audited accounts. If I remember correctly there is one other club down south in the same situation. How late are Rangers' accounts?

UK precedent Mr Doncaster?

Aye they got an extention a couple of weeks back.... if they miss that then another extension.... then delay the season start etc etc

An extension till the 15th, or an extension to the 15th deadline. In other words, as it stands is it still Friday??

There's no way UEFA or the SFA will allow Rangers to get away with bumping clubs. Which is one of the things which will stop the CVA being approved.

Can't see that standing in the way of the CVA being approved. That is a matter purely for the creditors. What it could mean is UEFA putting the pressure on the SFA to apply a meaningful sanction. I have said before I don't think that the CVA will be approved but even if it is this is not the end of the matter. The EBT/dual contract issue and the football debt issue would still have to be resolved.

Edited by Granny Danger

As you read this forum you may perhaps wonder if the Daily Record is providing you with sufficiently accurate reportage. That said, it is possible for even the most sceptical to accept the previous day's results in the Record with a certain degree of confidence.

I was on holidays on Spain when the Dons were having their winless run under Ebbe Skovdahl, and when I saw the result in The Sun - Motherwell 5 Aberdeen 6 - I thought it was a missprint and should have read Motherwell 5 Aberdeen 0! biggrin.gif

Can't see that standing in the way of the CVA being approved. That is a matter purely for the creditors. What it could mean is UEFA putting the pressure on the SFA to apply a meaningful sanction. I have said before I don't think that the CVA will be approved but even if it is this is not the end of the matter. The EBT/dual contract issue and the football debt issue would still have to be resolved.

The reason HMRC hates is football is they get bumped while the game looks after its own - there are various reasons they'll reject the CVA, the strong possibility of Rangers paying up Hearts, Rapid etc afterwards regardless of an 8p in the £ deal is one of them.

Bumping other clubs, you'd think a transfer embargo would be a correct punishment for that.

Shame Rangers don't agree eh

Ahhhh rankers fans, comedians and they dont even know it.

Whilst having our rolls and sausage this morning, blue workmate, turns to me and asks "what do you think of Alan Pardew?"

"Eh, good manager. Did well with an average team, brought in some good players. Why?"

"Yeah I was thinking that too. I reckon if we offer him the money that we now cant spend on players next season, he could win us the league even with the points deduction."

Raised eyebrow huh.gif

"Think about it. He's not going to win the league with newcastle and if he wants one of the top jobs he'd be better coming to rangers."

blink.gif

Cheers mate, coffee skooshed down my nose when I read that lol, got to love optimism.