Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As you seem so interested or more likely just trying to score points against the RFFF i personally know that Glencairn Crystal had their debt covered by the RFFF,incidentally Glencairn were all right with not getting the bill paid but it was covered. There has also been a healthy number of other small creditors paid by the RFFF,but as you are someone who obviously hasn't paid into the fund why are you so interested? One thing we are not going to do is pander to the curiosity of people such as yourself. Hope that sits all right with you.

To quote the late(almost), [not] great Ally McCoist

"Why should we know and not the general public? Everybody should know. There should be clarity. There should be total transparency."

Beginning to think this too. If this is the HMRC's best way of getting some return on what they're due, then is it not their duty to accept?

I've been swaying more and more towards the belief that the CVA getting accepted as it's drawn closer. Don't see this going any other way tbh.

The HMRC have a list of criteria on their website for accepting a CVA. It doesnt appear to be as simple as "their duty" to get the best return.

Thanks to youngsy for at least confirming that some small creditors have been paid off.

I wondered if that had happened and also if it might have an effect on the CVA.

I'm guessing Haudit & Daudit need to remove them from the list of creditors or confirm with these creditors that they have been reimbursed by the RFFFFFF.. And no longer hold a claim.

Anyone know if that's how it works?

Its not how it works. As someone else posted, all creditors on the CVA have to be treated the same. You cant pick and choose which ones to pay off and which ones not to. The RFFFFs payments were a "nice" gesture - apart from their obvious bias against some clubs/parties by not paying them - but, ultimately, futile.

Cheers.

Say you were a small creditor like the newsagent would you take the RFFF's money and then say at the creditors meeting you were still due it from the CVA?

Take some brass baws to do that in Glasgow if you know what I mean.

It was reported that one creditor refused to take the money from the RFF - who, seemingly, took the huff and dumped it on the desk before storming out. Classy guys.

Rapid Vienna seem to be under the impression that they can say no to the CVA, yet still get every penny owed to them. Very admirable but, erm - good luck with that!

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/rangers-administration-rapid-vienna-planning-to-reject-cva-proposal-1-2350099

They will. As has been said before, footballing debts are settled outside of the CVA. UEFA and FIFA seem pretty hot on this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18407309

Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs will reject the company voluntary arrangement proposal made by Rangers' prospective owner Charles Green.

Green's consortium hopes to have its CVA approved by creditors when they meet at Ibrox on Thursday so that the club can exit administration.

But the club needs dominant creditors HMRC and Ticketus to vote in favour to avoid the assets being sold off.

The CVA terms suggest a maximum payout of nine pence for every pound owed.

BBC Scotland has learned that HMRC rejected the offer in two meetings with Rangers on Monday.

The CVA requires the approval of 75% or more in value of the creditors, and more than 50% in value of the members, voting on the resolution.

Rangers entered administration on 14 February and await the outcome of a First Tier Tax tribunal at the Court of Session in Edinburgh over unpaid taxes - the so-called "Big Tax Case".

More to follow...

Edited by 7-2

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/12/rangers-in-crisis-buy-season-tickets-now-to-save-ibrox-club-says-charles-green-86908-23894824/

So Green wants fans to buy season tickets to help the club?

Can't help thinking I've heard of this somewhere before.....................................blink.gif