Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

mind you other teams want to make the step in to 3rd division the likes of cove rangers and spartans have been trying for years so if newco get appointed to 3rd division they should consider the law abiding teams from lower leagues

Reading between the lines, it looks like HMRC are happy for the club to continue, but fully intend to pursue Whyte/Murray and whoever else as much as they can.

To be honest, thats a pretty fair minded attitude

But this isnt the liquidation scenario, its the newco. Under that column, there is a value against the players registrations.

Moreover the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club. This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.

Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox.

^^he seems to think otherwise

I think the statement from HMRC regarding further investigation into the financial wrong doings of the club is telling. It surely gives us the indication of how the EBT appeal has gone i.e. not in Rangers favour.

That will at the end of the day make the SPL decision on the matter a formality. The SFA have obviously got their decision to give regarding the disrepute charge as well.

If the SPL Chairmen vote in a Newco everyone should just abandon football in this country, it would make a total farce of the rules. The HMRC rejected the CVA because of the cheating nature of the club, I hope the SPL have the balls to do the same.

Bye, Bye Rangers, you vile institution.

Read it earlier on another site. Basically telling people that the club shall continue as a football club,only it will be virtually debt free. Only thing that will change is a different serial number at companies house for the company to trade but the club will continue. Happened to Middlesbro,Charlton,Leeds,we're no different.

Other than the cheating, on a grand scale over a number of years and the blatant tax avoidance ... no, no youre not :rolleyes:

alex thomson@alextomoRemember how #c4news reported how badly political interference in RFC went down with HMRC?

alex thomson@alextomoWhat doe Alex Salmond and all the interfering MSPs have to say now after their actions pleading against liquidation only antagonised HMRC?

Talking about antagonising....

All the arrogance and bluster from Green and D&P of late has only served to very much antagonise the other SPL clubs.

If you'd have asked me three weeks ago what the vote would be in respect of permitting a newco direct entry to the SPL, I would have said that the lube had already been applied, but I believe that this is no longer the case.

Clubs are preparing for life without the mighty Gers. There is a way to go on this one yet ;)

This truly is the gift that does not stop giving.

Does the school know you are using the computers son? A wee while = forever. Remember you've still got the EBT investigation, the Tribunal results and the BTC. As far as im aware they voted to carry any sanctions onto a newco, so your well and truly fcuked.

That's the best bit, they might think ha! ha! because they are starting again as a Newco but the EBT and the tribunal will come back to haunt them. :D

^^he seems to think otherwise

No he doesnt :huh:

Unless the CVA was approved the oldco was always going to be liquidated. Under the newco option, the assets are sold to the newco before the oldco is liquidated. The liquidation "pot" is then whatever the assets were sold for, in this case Greens £5.5m. Under liquidation there would be a sale of assets to the highest bidder, basically, the property and then the oldco would be liquidated, but there would be no newco.

The assets must surely be sold to the highest bidder? As I and many have said before me, the administrators are in place to get the best deal for the creditors and (should) have no interest in the well being of the company (Rangers) as they no longer exist after CVA rejection has been certified. The club really are toiling now and I wouldn't be surprised if much worse news is to follow as Green plans only include loans and no hard cash. Give it a year and the whole thing could collapse. :D