Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The easy way out there would be for Wallaces registration to revert back to Hearts. Sounds too simple for it to happen.

Yeah, thats what i thought, they bought him at a time they couldn't even be arsed paying tax so you would think it would revert, but as you say, sensible and simple are not things usually associated with Scottish football.

I only just got round to reading the terms of the CVA; jesus wept, what a load of piffle. Was there really some 'experts' out there who felt this could succeed? Bemusing.

The terms of CVA weren't great for creditors but that is what Rangers are/were worth. It could have succeeded if HMRC took the view that the CVA was the only way to get something from Rangers and the Newco scenarios points that out quite clearly.

It was essentially a Take It or get nothing offer from Green, either way he was getting the club. HMRC have rejected the offer because they want to pursue Whyte and Murray (but i think mainly Whyte) and a CVA would hamper that. I think the taxpayer is worse off financially by the rejection of the CVA but that doesn't seem to factor into HMCs decision.

I predict they will go heavily after Whyte for Tax Evasion either from non payment of VAT on the Ticketus deal or be looking into how he stopped PAYE. Murray and the EBT is a bigger amount but a less egregious breaking of the law imo since EBTs are complex parts of the tax code and have been under scrutiny since their introduction which created the tax loophole. It will be a complicated matter to prove tax evasion in an individual criminal case, though not necessarily one HMRC will shy away from.

Sorry to burst your bubble, sonny, but liquidation means that rangers have ceased to exist, hence the expression NEWco. Zero titles and counting, and at best trying to maintain a huge stadium on Div 3 income: 's gonna be a long time before any zombie club have anything to stick on the mantelpiece. Some of next year's squad might be shaving before they get near the SPL.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can say this;in England various clubs that have been liquidated,Middlesboro being the prime example,have retained their history after liquidation as a new company was formed within a 21 day deadline since original liquidation. The club then applied for Football League registration under the new company which after acceptance entitled the club to retain it's history. This was accepted,endorsed and ratified by the Football League and the F.A. Whether this applies in Scotland i couldn't say but my bubble has not been burst,sonny.

Pie and Bovril@pieandbovHavre been told that Sky have privately given comfort to SPL clubs that they don't do walking away either. #NotoNewco

Pie and Bovril@pieandbovMay be some re negotiation on TV deal but Sky don't want to go to war with Scotland. Will still show SPL with or without Rangers#NotoNewco

But but but...how can this be true? Don't tell me the months and months of media saying the contrary turns out to be just propaganda after all? Who'd have thought it.

PS - this stuff should be on this thread before Twitter!

1339504188[/url]' post='6326682']

Did I see somwhere that the draw for the Ramsdens Challenge Sup is made soon?

Who is "team X"?

Will this be McCoists first big task next season?

Isn't this cup regionalised at first?

If Dundee are moved up and Rangers moved down, that means re-drawing the east/west boundary and doing the draw again, does it not?

HA,,,,,,,,,HA,,,,,,ALL US DIDDIES MIGHT BE PISH BUT WE'VE ALL GOT TEAMS TO SUPPORT,,,,,,,,,,,MEH,,,MEH,,,YOUS ARE EXTINCT,,,,MEH,,,MEH,,,,YOUS SURRENDERED TO THE HMRC,,,UTTER SURRENDER MONKEYS.

Am I doing it right?

Should be 'YUOS' to keep in the spirit of things. :D

http://www.ngrfounda...=26716&Itemid=1

Cove Rangers to apply for 3rd division membership to replace "The Rangers"

I'm sure others to follow suit.

Allan Park is nowhere near up to SFL standard and that's not going to change over the summer even if they do have plans to build this new Calder Park ground eventually. The current pitch is also tiny and not regulation size (then again, neither is Glebe Park but only marginally)

Their only chance of winning an application at short notice is to groundshare with someone, ideally Montrose with their plastic pitch, although Aberdeen Reserves formerly played their midweek fixtures at the Glebe. Peterhead like they say is also a valid option. Can't imagine they would even entertain the idea, but Pittodrie would be a good laugh!

In an additional twist Whyte's representatives will also set the ball rolling on the development of a link with Cove Rangers that will see the Aberdeen based club effectively become the Gers feeder team with even the possibility of dropping the word "Cove" if and when the club progress into the SPL. This move would virtually assure the Calder Park club of automatic promotion and it is believed that they would groundshare with Peterhead until the new facility was complete.

Cove Rangers to become the new Gretna then. Would be hilarious if Cove finished higher than Aberdeen at some point in the relatively near future.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Nice.

I really hope all you biased, whinging , self-serving, jealous, bitter and hypocritical no-marks are raging about this.

And given your postings you are.

Words cannot express how much I despise almost of you and your small-minded, hypocritical nonsense regarding Rangers.

But to cheer you up:

It's nothing to do with FIFA: the SFA are in more bother than Rangers.

Rangers will receive the fine....not the suspension.

The SPL will delay till the CVA takes effect.

Rangers will be back fighting fit for the start of the season.

Oh it will happen.

Sickens you doesn't it....get used to it.

But:

The Rangers fans won't forget you miserable, spiteful and pathetic lot who call yourselves SPL fans.

We'll now let you rot just as you would have had us do.

It will happen.

And the irony is.....with all your pathetic crap about sanctions, relegations, punishments etc....

You'll have stuffed your own clubs.

You reap what you sow.

GIRUY!

Care to add anything to that?

p***k!

Another meeting of the SFA to review Rangers licence for playing football in Scotland.

From the SFA rulebook:-

"3.8 Withdrawal of a Licence or an adjustment of the award

A licence may be withdrawn or adjusted after it has been awarded by the Scottish FA if the licence applicant:

• Is presented for its winding up or where the member club in question shall convene a meeting to pass a resolution for voluntary winding up or shall enter into any form of liquidation.;

• No longer satisfies any single condition for issuing the Licence;

• Violates any of its obligations under the Club Licensing Manual;

"

alex thomson@alextomo Remember how #c4news reported how badly political interference in RFC went down with HMRC?

alex thomson@alextomo What doe Alex Salmond and all the interfering MSPs have to say now after their actions pleading against liquidation only antagonised HMRC?

Salmond and a handful of MSPs made a single comment about 4 months ago. I'm not sure how that's at all relevant.