Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The key word in all of that is "MAY". Not WILL or SHALL, but MAY thus leaving wriggle room for the SFA to bottle the decision. I hope they don't, but the mechanism to allow them to do so is there sadly.

SFA are the one body to show some cojones so far. People said their disciplinary committee would not impose harsh sanctions, they did. People said their appeal tribunal would reduce the sanctions, they didn't. I would be interested to know if this matter is for the SFA board or, under their discilpinary procedures, is it referred to an independant panel.

Shona Robison (who is, let's not forget, Minister for Commonwealth Games and Sport) made quite a big pro-Rangers case about it with some ridiculous comments, I remember her being (rightly) vilified for it.

I remember some posters went into a diddy-rage because the sports minister had the audacity to comment on the second biggest profession sports club entering administration, a club which pays many high salaries, employs many local people and is a boon to an area of great economic depression.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

About 4 months ago. There's hardly been a sustained political campaign to keep them going.

You're being a bit naive Craig if you think nothing was being done behind the scenes. As I said, not everything gets into the public eye.

I am told that Sky have privately given the SPL some comfort that they will continue to broadcast SPL football, with or without Rangers.

Interesting times lie ahead !

1339504679[/url]' post='6326730']

why no jim white ssn

Because he's currently in Poland for the Daily Telegraph, who amazingly have given him the job of reporting on the Irish fans. The results have been predictably cliche ridden with an overtone of nasty.

Been busy, but as thy say over here Yippy-Kay-Aye. Expected but pleasing. If you wanted to look for a tiny dark cloud amongst all this silver, however, based on their statement HMRC may be interested more in doing some forensic digging on past conduct than a maximal approach of challenging the valuations for the assets embodied in Greens bid.

laugh.gif Had a quick walk of the dogs but back here to sit in for page 1690. Can we agree to lock the thread on 1690 and start a liquidation one, leaving the last page filled with Christian Bale, Gregg Wallace and Jim Jefferies?

THIS

Get it done mods!

I am told that Sky have privately given the SPL some comfort that they will continue to broadcast SPL football, with or without Rangers.

See post 41354. You're late for your own party my man! wink.gif

In lamens terms then.... the liquidators seize ownership of all assets... ibrox, succulent lamb park, playing staff; albion car park etc.. sell it off to the highest bidder...(not neccesarily Green) and allocate moneys raised between creditors...

sorry for being naive but is that the script roughly ???

No.

If true, no reason for the Chairmen to give any other decision than a minimum Div 3 demotion. Anything less spells the end of Scottish football as we know it!

I think the statement from HMRC regarding further investigation into the financial wrong doings of the club is telling. It surely gives us the indication of how the EBT appeal has gone i.e. not in Rangers favour.

That will at the end of the day make the SPL decision on the matter a formality. The SFA have obviously got their decision to give regarding the disrepute charge as well.

If the SPL Chairmen vote in a Newco everyone should just abandon football in this country, it would make a total farce of the rules. The HMRC rejected the CVA because of the cheating nature of the club, I hope the SPL have the balls to do the same.

Bye, Bye Rangers, you vile institution.

totally agree - only decision the SFA can surely make is expulsion of any newco for at least one year.

I think the SFA and SPL know what a backlash there would be if a Newco got admitted to the SPL.

Did you not read the bit explaining the difference between a "religion" and a "sect"? And I think you'll find the only ones on here bothered about others' religious affiliations are blue and green bigots.

Yes i read it and to be honest i wasn't in the slightest bit interested about the difference between religion and sects,completly disinterested.

No doubt because of the team i support you will think i'm protestant,understandable but you couldn't be more wrong,so again there are many fans of both sides who aren't bothered about others religious affiliations,there are many as we know who are bothered about it certainly,probably the majority to be fair,but to tar everyone with that outlook is way off beam.