Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The terms of CVA weren't great for creditors but that is what Rangers are/were worth. It could have succeeded if HMRC took the view that the CVA was the only way to get something from Rangers and the Newco scenarios points that out quite clearly.

It was essentially a Take It or get nothing offer from Green, either way he was getting the club. HMRC have rejected the offer because they want to pursue Whyte and Murray (but i think mainly Whyte) and a CVA would hamper that. I think the taxpayer is worse off financially by the rejection of the CVA but that doesn't seem to factor into HMCs decision.

I predict they will go heavily after Whyte for Tax Evasion either from non payment of VAT on the Ticketus deal or be looking into how he stopped PAYE. Murray and the EBT is a bigger amount but a less egregious breaking of the law imo since EBTs are complex parts of the tax code and have been under scrutiny since their introduction which created the tax loophole. It will be a complicated matter to prove tax evasion in an individual criminal case, though not necessarily one HMRC will shy away from.

HMRC have done the right thing people like Whyte will just move on to another struggling company and continue in the same vein. They have made a stand to persue Whyte to a potential conviction and to no doubt achieve a life time ban of being a company director.

Murray has duped the banks time and time again but HMRC has a right to layout all his dealings to see if anything illegal has taken place. If they do this then maybe the myth of being someone who should be revered would be finally destroyed.

I'd be worried if i was a Celtic fan.

Rangers might no longer be about to back up their best mate.

Yep - the Celtic board will be less than pleased if the 11-1 vote goes down the swanny along with Rangers and their ill-gotten titles. I expect to be reading the expression "the tail wagging the dog" credited to Celtic Sources in the media within weeks...

I thought it was quite clear. If they try to sell the assets from the going concern that is Rangers FC for £5.5m then they are very much open to any number of legal challenges, not least: why have player values been written down to £0, where, even the dodgy deals struck in March has them written down to around £10m.

HMRC are not the only creditor here and even if they were, they have not said that they'll not challenge it, just that it will now be forced to go down a different route. This may indeed mean that it'll go down the 'second' route as proposed in the CVA doc, or it may mean that there's nary a snowball's chance in hell of it going down the £5.5m route.

Fair enough. Yes, it is a possibility that the sale to Green could be challenged, but at this moment in time it is happening. I took your posts to imply that it wasnt

The player values arent £0. They are included along with the Intellectual property rights, goodwill and stock. The property value, however, has been written down from £4.5m in liquidation to £0 under the newco scenario.

Half of Pie and Bovril pledged money into that scheme. In fact when this was pointed out to Fat Boy on Follow Follow he said 'Do you think we are daft? We have procedures which can tell which donations are genuine'... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly Youngsy i would rather we went out of business than have that clown or almost anybody on the RST board running the club. Some are well meaning guys. They are not all self serving fat b*****ds but i still don't want them anywhere near running the club

Your sig needs a drastic revision.

I'm starting up a new business. A 5 star tattoo removal parlour. Let me know if any *angers fans are interested. Delighted with this news, next for the stripping of the titles that were won by cheating and then the punishment will fit the crime. God Bless Hector from HMRC

And what about all those recent "We fvcked the SFA" ones? Just make sure the removals are as painful as possible. :lol:

I'm sure he said other stuff after that, I kind of tuned him out.

Ah Colin "Bravetart" Hendry....that fine upstanding gentleman, that screwed his best mate out of £95,000. Why do they give these cretins airtime!!!

As far as I understand it, when Rangers start the liquidation process, the players contracts are null and void and they are free to sign for whoever they like, whether it be Newco Rangers or Berwick Rangers or any other club they choose.

But the player registrations will have been sold to the newco before the oldco is liquidated.

I don't know if anyone else has already posted this but Rapid Vienna are also going to reject a CVA. I know this is probably irrelevant with HMRC rejecting it but its pleasing none the less.