Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Worst case scenario for me, they end up in Div 3.

Best case scenario, they die for ever.

My wean is due to be born on the 12th of July, and there is nothing i would love more, than to introduce them to a world, and life, without Rangers and Celtic in it!

You were almost right.

Worst case scenario for me, they end up in Div 3.

Best case scenario, they die for ever.

My wean is due to be born on the 12th of July, and there is nothing i would love more, than to introduce them to a world, and life, without Rangers and Celtic in it!

You were almost right.

The SFA better get a bid in for Murray Park pronto. Fire sale of the assets should see them pick up a ready made School of Excellence relatively cheaply. No excuses if they do not try.

When Rangers are liquidated can clubs make bids for the players and do D&P have to accept them ?

See my liquidation FAQ:

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/rangers-liquidation-knowns-and-unknowns/

When Rangers are liquidated, the players' contracts are terminated and they're free agents. They can sign for any club they want (including, incidentally, a newco Rangers), with no transfer fee payable.

How much alteration on the name Glasgow Rangers will they legally get away with ? Complete name change ideally

Their name isn't Glasgow Rangers.

The SFA better get a bid in for Murray Park pronto. Fire sale of the assets should see them pick up a ready made School of Excellence relatively cheaply. No excuses if they do not try.

There is no fire sale of assets!!

Unless one of the creditors challenges it, everything is being sold to Green

Nothing against Rangers (okay its everything against Rangers), but if the SPL chairmen and the SPL itself bottles this, then I am out, waving cheerio to Scottish football, which will as a result would turn into the joke of world football, and would make a decision that goes against all of the things that we as football fans stand for and support.

Choose doing the right thing over cash. Choose your supporters over the possibility of financial strain. Scottish football would not 'die', it would simply change, and I am more than comfortable with that if it means a fair and proper game.

Edited by stumigoo

How much alteration on the name Glasgow Rangers will they legally get away with ? Complete name change ideally

Just been asking myself the same question.

I think they are officially "Rangers Football Club"

Can they just alter to say "Glasgow Rangers Football Club", or do they have to distance themselves further from the old brand?

I hope you were being ironic.

See my liquidation FAQ:

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/rangers-liquidation-knowns-and-unknowns/

When Rangers are liquidated, the players' contracts are terminated and they're free agents. They can sign for any club they want (including, incidentally, a newco Rangers), with no transfer fee payable.

But, the players are being "sold" to the newco before liquidation, so that scenario doesnt apply.

I would also question your point about the SFA. If the SFA transfer the membership to the newco then any investigations and, possible, penalties transfer too. Other than that, its a really good summary

There is no fire sale of assets!!

Unless one of the creditors challenges it, everything is being sold to Green

If the SFA were to offer £4m-£5m for the training facility on it's own, it would likely pre empt a creditors challenge as it would be clear they could get a far better return by refusing to deal with Green only.

Just been asking myself the same question.

I think they are officially "Rangers Football Club"

Can they just alter to say "Glasgow Rangers Football Club", or do they have to distance themselves further from the old brand?

Airdrie Utd and Airdrieoneans sound pretty similar to me so why not I suppose?

Edit: Athough I suppose Airdrieoneans didn't turn into Airdrie Utd.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I hope you were being ironic.

To be fair, I put in Mediocrity, deleted it, put it in again, deleted it again, put it in again, deleted it again, and then left it for someone else to "Correct it for me"....