Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'd just like to say that i hope that cheating b*****d of a referee JPR Gordon is still alive to see this glorious day. If he is dead ... GOOD if not... GIRFUY ya dirty low life,*** b*****d . Glasgow Rangers are dead ya wankstain.

ps I'm not one to hold a grudge :lol:

I went to school with his son. He was/is a Thistle fan. Retired from refereeing to run a pub near St Andrews. I doubt he's still with us.

Hughie just said on SSN that other clubs in the SPL have gone down the Newco route and have stayed in the SPL. Who?

Only newco I can think of are ICT totally different circumstances and we entered the senior game in Division 3.

You've got the arithmetic backwards. 8 clubs need to vote YES to allow New Rangers in. If five vote No, they're out.

Jim Spence will be the man tonight on BBC Radio Scotland. I heard him the other weekend and his reckoning was that at least 5 opposed to a Newco.

I dunno how Green's statements today will play with the Chairman, or for that matter the HMRC's

Clearly both the Whyte and Murray Regimes will be looked at by HMRC in their investigations.

We have a new season on the horizon, fixtures to be announced, how much longer can the SFA and SPL allow this tawdry process to drag on?

I'd like to know the fixtures, no ifs or buts or team X, if Dundee or Dunfermline are up, them I wanna know as soon as.

I'd like to know if Airdrie stay up in D1 and I'd like the SFL to get as long a period as possible to get in their candidate club.

If i may be so bold as to speak for other fans of other clubs, the manta must be thus:-

'We diddies want certainty, we've had enough of this pantomime, we want our chairmen to provide the certainty so that we can get on with our seasons. The lax of tax paying at RFC and consequent mess is NOT our doing.'

The SPL chairmen should think long and hard about pissing off their supporters - if Stuart Milne voted to let the Govan Zombies straight back in, I estimate the already dwindling Pittodrie crowds would melt by an immediate 4-5 thousand. Certainly with 41 years regular attendance, I'd retreat to peterhead, fraserburgh, inverurie etc a lot more. (Not cove though)

Doubtful. Had this been any other sport than football...in Scotland, maybe. This is a religion to the majority of people.

People wont want to give up following their beloved team because of one bad apple. Its absolutely unfeasable to think the majority will boycott the spl and go shopping with their missus on a saturday afternoon instead.

The moaning faced pessimistic aresholes who 3 days ago were convinced the CVA were going to be approved are the same moaning faced pessimistic aresholes who are now saying Rangers newco will definitely be admitted to the SPL.

Indeed.

I have to say that I thought the bastards might get away with it up to the point that:

1) they challenged the SFA appeal decision at the Court of Session, and;

2) D&P and Green drew up their fucking laughable CVA proposal.

The tipping point was reached somewhere in between these developments, and what makes the fact that they all but toppled into the abyss as a result all the more delicious, is that they applied the final nudge themselves.

Wonderful stuff.

I genuinely believe they are now completely fucked.

Edited by Drooper

The SFA board has to allow the membership to transfer from oldco to newco, wonder if thats another bridge they've burnt beyond repair.:D

Depends.

Board comprises:

* Stewart Regan

* Campbell Ogilvie

* Hugh McAdam

* Rod Petrie

* Sir Ralph Topping (SPL) (or Neil Doncaster)

* Tom Johnstone (SJFA)

* some bloke from a major brewers

with a simple majority required

Time for the Motherwell fans to ramp up the pressure on their board and tell them they risk empty stands next season and for ever more if they vote to admit a newco.

The problem is that the club will already be highly aware of the fans feelings on Rangers - but given that our Season tickets are already ahead of last season's (record) levels at this point, they won't be feeling the pressure from that direction as much as they might be in another close season. I guess the excitement over Champs League, etc seems to be trumping the Rangers stuff for a lot of 'Well fans.

Doubtful. Had this been any other sport than football...in Scotland, maybe. This is a religion to the majority of people.

People wont want to give up following their beloved team because of one bad apple. Its absolutely unfeasable to think the majority will boycott the spl and go shopping with their missus on a saturday afternoon instead.

This. "Most" or "loads" wouldn't, but a portion might.

So which individuals are HMRC now "going to peruse ".

Minty

Mclelland

Cample (I've done nothing wrong and won't resign) Ogilve

Bain

Greig

The players who used it?

Popcorntastic :lol: :lol:

The players and others who benefited from EBTs didn't have a legal role in running Rangers - such as being a board director. So they should be safe from charges of fraud and such like, which the directors will.

However it would appear logical for BDO to take the accepted fact that EBTs were loans. And therefore go after each one personally for repayment.

If they do, can they please start with Souness?

Edited by thelegendthatis