Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

EKACCIES: If Rangers were admitted to SFL , how much would all the small clubs have to find to upgrade their grounds and police matches gainst Rangers.

They wouldn't have to, Berwick, Arbroath and Peterhead have all accommodated the OF comfortably in the last two seasons.

Do you really believe that the fans will stand for newco being re-admitted? I think THAT would kill our game, not newco Govan being banished to the lower league for a few seasons.

This is potentially a sporting cheat to end all sporting cheats. Never mind match fixing, it looks likely that players were improperly registered for a decade. As Alexander Armstrong would say..."Killlll them".

so your saying the spl dont check teams registrations ???? just get over it rangers will be in the spl next season with maybe a slap and an sfa cup ban now go find a life zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Green on ssn was a treat ..claiming a precedent had been set in spl wit newcos being voted in which is clearly fiction ... guy is so clearly a loon!! Even if he had cash for purchase of assets which I don't believe he has, where is cas o cover running costs in close season ...they aredead!

I was a bit surprised by this statement too. The interviewer pulled him up on it and asked him to name the clubs in question at which point he looked pretty uncomfortable as he tried to bat it away. I think he genuinely doesn't understand that the situation the club is in is unprecedented insofar as the SPL is concerned.

Maybe because he's had 'assurances' from the usual suspects at the SFA and SPL that everything will be OK. But I think the football landscape has changed and with decisions that would normally be taken behind closed doors and in secret being analysed by UEFA and FIFA, not to mention fans of every other club, the establishment can no longer rewrite the rules to suit them. They're not accustomed to this level of criticism and the empire is crumbling in the glare of public scrutiny.

Edited by Dungolfin

so your saying the spl dont check teams registrations ???? just get over it rangers will be in the spl next season with maybe a slap and an sfa cup ban now go find a life zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just think, you'll now be able to say that Dumbarton are your big team <_<

maybe a little of topic, however upon noticing cockwombles page was able to be edited again i felt obliged to make it happen

cockwomble

for anyone unable to open this on mobiles etc,

'''Neil Doncaster''' a.k.a Cockwomble (http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/167655-big-rangers-administrationliquidation-thread-all-chat-here/ for reference) (born 1970) is an [[association football]] executive. He was appointed as [[chief executive officer|chief executive]] of the [[scottish Premier League]] in July 2009, having previously held the same position at [[Norwich City F.C.]] from 2001 to 2009.

Richard Gordon has confirmed to me via Twitter that wee Chick only wears slip-ons and braces during the summer so no need to remove belt or laces. I'm hoping the wretch doesn't come to any harm with the braces, mind you.

Edited by Fife Saint

Am I the only one who thinks that a Newco Buns in Div 3 would be the gathering place for the most bigoted and racist orcs; the worst of the worst away supporters who followed a club that doesn't exist any more....Rangers I think they were called?

Think that in some smaller grounds that any 'antics' would be more obvious and possibly backfire on them.

If memory serves they'd enter as an associate member of league and that'd give SFL powers to possibly remove if there were a series of incidents.

Could be interesting to see the mechanics of that

Well folks, it has been a landmark day.

I'm feeling a bit emotionally spent now, and feel it is time to retire and sleep the sleep of the just.

I'd like to thank you all for sharing this truly joyous day with me. It has been a blast, and I look forward to the next instalment, and the one after that....and the one after that....

Celtic next, please.

Herald boy on Newsnight Scotland, Wilson - more a cunto than Rangers blogger. Says it all for main stream media

Fvckin ragin at this wee cvnt almost threw my beer at the screen when he said losing rankers would be a disaster

^^^^^^^SEETHINGmad.gif

EDIT:on a happier note this wiki entry cheered me up<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_F.Claugh.gif

Edited by rustyarabnuts

The newco will be invited to join the SPL for the financial self-preservation of the other clubs. Anything else will result in chaos in the lower leagues. The newco starting life in the 3rd will mean a shuffle up the leagues for those teams that missed out on promotion and have already budgeted and assembled squads.

I'm sure there was a statement earlier from Sky saying they won't walk away from the SPL and may renegotiate a deal without rangers in the league.

If the newco is allowed into the 3rd division, does anyone think Sky might offer a 3 or 4 year deal to the SFL to show Div1/2/3 games live and highlights packages?

On an other note, Keevins was bleating about the death of Scottish football tonight and that no one will be interested in Celtic winning the league by 20 points every year with no rangers to compete with them.

Of course, he completely forgot that the only way rangers have been able to compete with celtic for the last 25 years was to cheat, to dodge tax, for Murray to have a bottomless loan policy with the bank. Without any of that, they would never have been able to compete. They would have been on a par with the rest.

The newco will be invited to join the SPL for the financial self-preservation of the other clubs. Anything else will result in chaos in the lower leagues. The newco starting life in the 3rd will mean a shuffle up the leagues for those teams that missed out on promotion and have already budgeted and assembled squads.

They shafted Airdrie into the first division less than a week before the first game of the season. They wouldn't think twice about any SFL club.