Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The act was updated in around 2006 I believe, purely in order to protect consumers who might be unaware of a company's financial history. To be fair, I don't reckon that will be the case with this bunch when HMRC and BDO are finished with them.

The act has been amended dozens of times but the rule about the use of similiar names in this context has been in place since 1986. The purpose of this rule is to protect the interests of creditors by allowing administrators to sell the goodwill and thereby increase the value of the assets being sold.

If you've a problem with my posts then you're welcome to put me on Ignore, or go and make a complaint to the Mods.

I think it's a fair enough question to ask if the clubs being hailed as definete Nos have - in actual fact - indicated they're Nos.

That's a little touchy...You should try being a 'The Rangers' supporter on here ;)

Ally McCoist on Reporting Scotland :lol:

Those debenture holders were very reassuring "the clubs gone, finished" "we will have to start again" and when asked if Green had given them any reassurances "no"

I had that very same thought this morning. Why even bother applying to join the SPL if they hold the notion that the rest of "the diddies" will die without them. Just apply for SFL membership straight up then and let the rest of us get on with it / die in relative peace. Also saves the embarassment a knock-back invariably delivers.

Hello..... because Rangers (ex Rangers or whatever the f**ck they are/were/will be called) are concerned about the future of the other SPL clubs! You didn't think they are a bunch of self serving........ did you?

If you've a problem with my posts then you're welcome to put me on Ignore, or go and make a complaint to the Mods.

I think it's a fair enough question to ask if the clubs being hailed as definete Nos have - in actual fact - indicated they're Nos.

Wouldn't put you on Ignore. Too many of your posts outwith this subject are informative.

Nothing to report you about, you're only expressing an opinion as am I.

That's a little touchy...You should try being a 'The Rangers' supporter on here ;)

HJ is morose enough. That would push him over the edge. :lol:

Edited by Granny Danger

People's turbo-optimism hasn't been wrong too often. I have no doubt that the sensible sources out there have allowed the optimists to go a bit turbo. There's a few folk who deserve a lot of respect for their 'digging' around

Indeed there are. This thread was originally superb for information and banter. However the longer it's gone on the more it's turning into a diddy version of Rangers Media in that if you dare say anything considered to be against the party line you're shot down in no uncertain fashion. Debate, humour and exchange of opinions made this thread. Our own HarrogateBlues' are starting to ruin it.

8-10weeks! so what the actual F*** happens with the newco vote etc? im confused.

SFA must step in now and suspend them. then next year they can re-apply as a new co.

That's the administration if the oldco which will continue as long as it needs to, nothing to do with newco.

Agreed, although the nature of what they do can mean that they get things spectacularly wrong (MMR vaccine being one case). (1)

Very funny though, the letters page in itself is worth the subscription.(2)

Just a bit disappointed that they've not focussed enough on Rangers to give Whyte, Murray et al nicknames in the same way as the Dirty Digger, Piers Moron etc (3)

1. Spectacular successes do, to be fair, tend to be accompanied by occasional clusterfucks. On balance, they do well. Even in the MMR case, some questions were answered which the MSM wouldn't even have asked.

2. Subscriber for years, and yes, the letters are superb. One of these days I'll get one published, hopefully an older man/young asian beauty example. Love the regular contributions from the descendants of Carl Isleunited and Don Casterrovers, too :lol:

3. Has to be said, I don't think the P&B posters have done a bad job. I can't see Hislop coming up with "Cockwomble", for instance, and Haudit & Daudit is pure Caledonian genius!

:lol::lol:

I'm tempted to sign up over there to wind them up?

Winding them up is no challenge, the challenge is not winding them up, while posting anything more controversial than:

WATP FCKING SFA FCKNG SPL FCKING FIFA FCKING HMRC FCKING RST rrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh

i only managed 3 that time, poor show <_<

This is hopeful nonsense. Motherwell hardly registered (if they even did at all) an increase while chasing a CL spot at the end of the season. Saying something doesn't make it true.

The good thing about the boycott chat and the emails to clubs from fans though is that it reduces the value of Rangers being in the league. Boards are having to choose between a reduction in fans with no Rangers and another reduction in fans if there is a Rangers.

I always said I'd never go to a Motherwell home game unless they were playing Accies. Now, if they were one of the 8 to vote against, I definitely would go to Fir Park if Accies weren't playing. I'd go in the away end obviously! Motherwell would struggle to get an extra 1500 for sure but if the alternative is losing 1500 (much more likely) there is surely only one decision to make. BBC Scotland should use some of our licence fee and bring back saturday night highlights with a handful of live games.

8-10weeks! so what the actual F*** happens with the newco vote etc? im confused.

SFA must step in now and suspend them. then next year they can re-apply as a new co.

Why should Scottish football be put on hold for a year to welcome a NewCo in?

Fair enough but if a Spartans or another current non-league, Junior side are ready an able to take up the space left then tough luck on ra'Bears. The loss of 4 games a year to the budgets of the SFL3 sides would be fairly sizeable I'd have thought, in relative terms, why should they suffer to accommodate this new band?

Its amazing to think these guys come up with these schemes all the time - shifting assets and money around. They make their, personal, money out of doing nothing at all, it would seem!

As complex as that path of transactions was, I think it can be summarised in one line ...

Whyte is dodgy as f**k!

That seems a fair and concise summary. After all this time, I'm still trying to work out if what Whyte did was genius or madness. He definitely had a plan, but I have no idea how well it went...

He clearly didn't expect all the media attention that he got and all the scrutiny over every part of his "empire", but I have no idea if he's made any money out of this. Lets not forget the ticketus money, the non payment of vat, and the selling off of Arsenal shares, with the money handled by another Craig Whyte company that was also wound up. Maybe he made a cheeky couple of million out of this, which is what he wanted?

Unless you're a Rangers creditor looking at the bills, I don't think H&D's departure date from OldCo makes a lot of difference, unless they're prolonging what would normally be a quicker process - so can thus delay the transfer of assets (and thus the approach for approval of a Newco) until after the season begins.

If that's not the case then it's no big deal.

1339677096[/url]' post='6335141']

This isn't some timeline paradox where current rangers and new buns can't exist at the same time. Once The Club is extricated from the company the process of moving SPL shares and SFA membership begins. If the SPL agree no a newco then Rangers will be ready intime for the new season. The oldco will limp on in admin getting ready for liquidation and a massive financial investigation.

The newco in the SPL is looking less likely now with clubs issuing statements rather than keeping quiet. I'm sure all the chairmen are pissed that it has come to a vote after being assured a CVA was workable. It should be noted though that no one, not even Rod Petrie has cam out and said that they are definitely voting No.

There is going to be negotiations and if the chairmen do a deal it will involve Rangers forfeiting prize mone and points deductions for multiple seasons. If this happens and with Rangers unable to qualify for Europe it means Rangers have nothing to play for except avoiding relegation.

Why should Scottish football be put on hold for a year to welcome a NewCo in?

Fair enough but if a Spartans or another current non-league, Junior side are ready an able to take up the space left then tough luck on ra'Bears. The loss of 4 games a year to the budgets of the SFL3 sides would be fairly sizeable I'd have thought, in relative terms, why should they suffer to accommodate this new band?

Regarding the 8-10 weeks, thats for the old company. The New Rangers can start today effectively, I think they are referring to the old company, so Rangers will get on with their application etc. entirely separately.