Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What's to stop them is Celtic's need for Rangers to be right beside them in the SPL for their own financial safety. Great theory though!

no we dont.

fact is, having a crack at champions league every year will make up any shortfall compared to having the **** and getting CL every 2nd year.

employee benefit trusts are for the use of current and former employees and their families.

strangely if he was just getting random loans after leaving ibrox that would be the scheme being used correctly.

If they were tax-free bungs for player transfers it might not be..

it was as a loan. loans don't have to be repaid.

EBT's are the kind of things that financial directors or chief exec's would be dealing with imo.smith obviously knew they were using EBTs by virtue of his having one but do you think he was wholly aware of the rules governing their administration?

As manager of the football club he probably should have or at least questioned it. Here's some tax free money, Smith is anything but stupid remember. A few people are pinning Smith up to be some sort of hero, but I'm not so sure.

Massive restructuring of the divisions is years, many years, overdue. Funny that it took Rangers keeling over before anyone in authority noticed, but maybe some good for the entire game will come out of this sorry debacle.

That is, more good for the entire game than RFC going bust, which was pretty fuxing good in the first place.

1339852648[/url]' post='6342123']

it's not illegal to use an EBT and it's up to the employer to make sure it is used correctly. smith has no case to answer here.

also if thomson thinks that smith or any other manager is personally dealing the small print of contracts he is deluded.

Seems to me you continually choose to hang yourself up on the legality of what different posters imply and ignore the morals. What everyone is in agreement on is that Walter in all likelihood was aware of EBT payments to players, which may well be legal if applied correctly. However, if he was aware, that's IF he was aware, that part of the EBT payments were used as wages top ups that's nothing to do with 'small print', and that becomes a moral issue for a man who is being trumpeted by the media and the Rangers fans as the bastion of all things to be revered. In that respect, he needs to provide 'transparency' on that issue which would only serve to reinforce his credibility, or should it prove otherwise, destroy it.

As manager of the football club he probably should have or at least questioned it. Here's some tax free money, Smith is anything but stupid remember. A few people are pinning Smith up to be some sort of hero, but I'm not so sure.

If it's not a conflict of interest then I'm a teapot, did he tell his current employers that he was getting paid by another club..was he involved in any dealings with the club that was giving him illegal bungs?

it was as a loan. loans don't have to be repaid.

EBT's are the kind of things that financial directors or chief exec's would be dealing with imo.smith obviously knew they were using EBTs by virtue of his having one but do you think he was wholly aware of the rules governing their administration?

What? So I don't have pay my car loan back? Or my bank loan? Or my Student Loan?

loan/lōn/

Noun:A thing that is borrowed, esp. a sum of money that is expected to be paid back with interest.

I think you're talking shite.

Have folk noticed a lot of the 'Rangers' minded folk seem to have gone missing from Sportsound over the past few weeks? Maybe the bosses got fed up of it being used to spread misinformation and scare contacts on behalf of Rangers.

Because they've finally realised the true voice of Scottish Football needs to be heard. Finally.