Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Dundee were never liquidated. A CVA was agreed. The situations were not the same.

you are correct in that respect, the point i was making was you were saved due to timing.

Make no mistake, if you'd went into administration in May, June, July you'd have been kicked down to the 3rd.

Your board knew what they were doing stalling until the season kicked off and making it a nuisance to kick you down.

Correct. Some of the shite he spouted when Dundee went into administration was dreadful. They agreed a CVA, though. This debate is now a lightyear away from that with Rangers being liquidated.

Absofuckinglutely. Dundee played fast and loose, "chased the dream" if you will, fell short and were punished for it. They then continued to play football. At no time did they identify the club's "enemies", at no time did they blame the SFL, the SFA, or the media. At no time did they deny the scale of the problem, and at no time did they come anywhere NEAR the possible 143 MILLION pound liability that may end up being the total of rangers' fraud.

Oh, and at no time did Dundee DIE. Unlike that mob from Glasgow, you remember, ugly crew with horrible songs, oh what was their name again.....

Do we think Green will just step aside realising he's beaten or put Rangers back in administration to spite the guys he felt played him like a flute?

If Charlie boys got any sense he would hand over the club to watties gang but keep hold of greyskull and rent it back to them for £2m per year and all of the upkeep.:lol:

Absofuckinglutely. Dundee played fast and loose, "chased the dream" if you will, fell short and were punished for it. They then continued to play football. At no time did they identify the club's "enemies", at no time did they blame the SFL, the SFA, or the media. At no time did they deny the scale of the problem, and at no time did they come anywhere NEAR the possible 143 MILLION pound liability that may end up being the total of rangers' fraud.

Oh, and at no time did Dundee DIE. Unlike that mob from Glasgow, you remember, ugly crew with horrible songs, oh what was their name again.....

Bay City Rollers?

Simple Minds .....?

Edit :- Granny, BCR were Embra lads. Everyone knows that. :ass

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

What's the script with sponsors with Rangers?

Would some have already paid for this coming season? And since the Rangers v1.0 will soon be no more, do they lose their money.. Or would the Rangers v2.0 honour these sponsorships, or go in search of new sponsorship.

I guess if some sponsors had already paid, they would be unwilling to stump up again? I guess others will be waiting to see where and even if they are playing next season!

Tenents being the big one given that they are on the shirts - which were released a few weeks back - but it could render the strips already sold as worthless if Tenents were to pull out!

Would some have already paid for this coming season? And since the Rangers v1.0 will soon be no more, do they lose their money.. Or would the Rangers v2.0 honour these sponsorships, or go in search of new sponsorship.

I guess if some sponsors had already paid, they would be unwilling to stump up again? I guess others will be waiting to see where and even if they are playing next season!

Tenents being the big one given that they are on the shirts - which were released a few weeks back - but it could render the strips already sold as worthless if Tenents were to pull out!

Hey, one man's worthless is the next (incredibly stupid) man's collector's item! Keep an eye on eBay when it all goes tits up.....

Anyone noticed that they brought out the strip with different badge before the clubs liquidation?

Nothing to do with knowing what was about to happen and a strip with the Rangers badge would need to be recalledunsure.gif

Edited by Gaz FFC

you are correct in that respect, the point i was making was you were saved due to timing.

Make no mistake, if you'd went into administration in May, June, July you'd have been kicked down to the 3rd.

Your board knew what they were doing stalling until the season kicked off and making it a nuisance to kick you down.

I don't disagree, the episode was a disgrace. However the fact that a CVA was agreed and the club wasn't liquidated is a fairly substantial difference. Another poster mentioned the fact that if it had been down to HMRC or Billy Dodds the club would have been liquidated and that is certainly the case, but the fact remains that they were not the major creditors and therefore didn't have the sway that HMRC had in the case of Rangers. I don't doubt that had the situation occurred in the close season it would have ended in being punted to Div 3, but I'd be interested to have seen if it would have stood up to challenge if Livi and Gretna were given as examples of precedent.If Rangers had agreed their CVA last week we would just all be getting on with it, and I'm sure Mr.Dodds would have a big smile on his face!

Simple Minds .....?

Edit :- Granny, BCR were Embra lads. Everyone knows that. :ass

Obviously everyone doesn't know that, or care. Anyway my musical tastes were developed well before these horrible cretins came on the scene and they were not more than an annoyance in a period where real musical genius still flourished (but not for long). 8)

BTW I have never heard anyone refer to Edinburgh (or Glasgow to be fair) as 'Bay City'.

Obviously everyone doesn't know that, or care. Anyway my musical tastes were developed well before these horrible cretins came on the scene and they were not more than an annoyance in a period where real musical genius still flourished (but not for long). 8)

BTW I have never heard anyone refer to Edinburgh (or Glasgow to be fair) as 'Bay City'.

You musical philistine ! How can you not be moved by the sheer musicality and virtuosity of classics such as Shang A Lang, Summerlove Sensation and Bye Bye Baby ?

:ph34r:

Anyone noticed that they brought out the strip with different badge before the clubs liquidation?

Nothing to do with knowing what was about to happen and a strip with the Rangers badge would need to be recalledunsure.gif

It's a badge that has been used on many, many Rangers strips over the years. Nothing to do with the old company being liquidated.