Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"The SFA are seriously considering suspending Rangers for 12 months" is the giveaway that it's a load of pish.

The SFA have no say on the punishment handed down to them obviously. Schoolboy error.

Yeah ,,I'm seriously considering tit fucking holy wilobooby while Kelly Brooke rims me .

Edited by THE KING

It's a badge that has been used on many, many Rangers strips over the years. Nothing to do with the old company being liquidated.

Removing the 5 stars is though,pointed this out a while back when they started promoting the new strip.I had a gut feeling they knew they may well be finished as an oldco,as why remove the clubs best achievement.

Gutted to hear Saints are going into administration. I'm sure Motherwell fans are equally as upset.

From an SPL club board member

I was dubious until I saw this post by "bluepeter".

"I believe debear to be 100% genuine even without his source."

It's happening folks :(

A "high up SPL board member" can only be Ralph Topping, unless he's referring to the CockWomble lackey. The other board members are club Chairmen, who are theoretically equal in status. He lost all credibility after sending this letter to the "rebel" 10 Chairmen:

"Having spoken candidly to Rangers' administrators, they have made it clear to me that they will not be supporting the members' requisitioned resolution on 12 April.

On the basis that it appears likely the resolution will not achieve the 11 votes in favour that it requires and there is now some damage being done to the league's commercial prospects and, by implication, your own club's potential future distributions, I would ask you to consider whether you would, especially given current circumstances and uncertainties, wish to withdraw the resolution.

It would seem to me that progress is far more likely to be made by 12 clubs engaged in debate about the future than by forcing a vote on a resolution that on the face of it has no apparent prospect of success.

On the commercial front, I am aware of two companies who were strongly attracted to the idea of sponsoring the SPL when Clydesdale Bank's tenure comes to an end in summer 2013.

Both companies were viewed as serious potential bidders for the title rights.

Unfortunately, both companies have now decided to withdraw their interest in the light of recent developments in the SPL.

It will not have escaped your notice that Sky and ESPN have so far failed to return draft contracts sent to them in 2011.

I have spoken to one of our live broadcast partners who is concerned about current uncertainties with Rangers and who at the time of our conversation was anxious to learn more about recent talk of clubs resigning en masse from the SPL."

Edited by welshbairn

Having had to endure administration (twice) with my club, I knew from 14th January onwards that this thread would be like groundhog day for me, so I left those memories well alone for a good while.

Curiosity got the better of me, however, and I doff my cap to the many sensible posters such as Pozbaird and Granny Danger, amongst others, and thank everyone for new words like Orcs, Cockwomble, t'Rangers and Araminta Moonbeam. :D

Anyway, someone did a bit of psychanalysis on this whole t'Rangers situation around 20 or 30 pages ago and I was surprised more people didn't pick up on it. Everything that has happened since January has more or less conformed to the theories put forward, and I've not had any suprises. Well, other than the sheer volume of 'empty vessels', but more about that very shortly.

Like at Dens, we have the various sections of the fanbase - the obnoxious and the loud ones who, disproportionately, got the most attention ( the empty vessels I was referring to), and the quieter, ordinary fans who just want a team to support. Collectively, however, they believe they are separate from the club, are innocent and that any punishment is too great.

Looking on, of course, are the fans of the other clubs who fall into exactly the same categories. Although, collectively themselves, they see the fans and the offending club as one and the same, those fans are guilty by association and, for many of them, the punishment will never be severe enough.

I knew that if Dundee FC were mentioned in this thread, it was never going to be with fond memories. I'll take that on the chin as I don't expect anything else and I'm not about to defend them by saying, "yes, but we were different to......., and we're not as bad as......"

What stands out for me, though, is if I wince every time a wee diddy club like mine is remembered for their relatively meagre wrongdoing, the years to come are going to feel like the death of a thousand cuts for the ordinary bluenoses.

In the scheme of things, they are still at the grieving stage - hurt, anger, confusion. We were 'fortunate' that the taxman didn't make up more than 25% of our debt (and on that note, it was blatantly obvious from the outset that the H&D CVA was NEVER going to be accepted), but don't underestimate the long term effects administration has had on the club, that don't make the headlines.

At Dens, the same grieving process was going on (although I don't remember anyone videoing themselves singing their own version of "you'll never walk alone" and posting it on You Tube):blink: . The big difference I saw was the appetite for simply getting on with trying to save the club. That was the most important thing, and all the more remarkable given that this was the 2nd time we'd been called upon to muck in. Also, there was, believe it or not, some dignified leadership (that didn't get the headlines certain others did). I don't see this at Ibrox. Like the stereotypes who drift through life expecting the state to provide, it's as if the 'Peepel' genuinely believe that the equivalent of a crisis loan is going to land at the bottom of the marble staircase to see them through to their next trophy, and that by being part of a bigger gang they can just do as they please. It's as absurd as it is fascinating.......

Signing players as an amateur and paying them to "work in the club shop" happened quite a few times back then. It was bending the rules, but wouldn't really be equivalent to the EBT stuff since the player was being paid, and presumably paying tax, for a job. There would presumably be no need for the player to actually do the job - that would be the club's choice as an employer.

Obviously not, as thats what Livy got into trouble for.

sorry if this is old ground and already been mentioned - but i think its the fact that fans, media and EX-players/chairmen are up in arms to get rangers out. not much word from the SPL club chairmans. think that speaks volumes. word on the grapevine is aberdeen(serious danger), hearts and kilmarnock are next to go. with or without rangers in league. they have to consider what punishment gets dished out. because they may (likely) be next. wonder if there will be the same outcry?!! and dont give me any pish about ebt scheme, cheating etc. EVERY club pays players back handers one way or another. might be another reason why many of the chairmans are saying sweet f all. they know!!!

Team : Scotland Club 12

1340026582[/url]' post='6348214']

Having had to endure administration (twice) with my club, I knew from 14th January onwards that this thread would be like groundhog day for me, so I left those memories well alone for a good while.

Curiosity got the better of me, however, and I doff my cap to the many sensible posters such as Pozbaird and Granny Danger, amongst others, and thank everyone for new words like Orcs, Cockwomble, t'Rangers and Araminta Moonbeam. :D

Anyway, someone did a bit of psychanalysis on this whole t'Rangers situation around 20 or 30 pages ago and I was surprised more people didn't pick up on it. Everything that has happened since January has more or less conformed to the theories put forward, and I've not had any suprises. Well, other than the sheer volume of 'empty vessels', but more about that very shortly.

Like at Dens, we have the various sections of the fanbase - the obnoxious and the loud ones who, disproportionately, got the most attention ( the empty vessels I was referring to), and the quieter, ordinary fans who just want a team to support. Collectively, however, they believe they are separate from the club, are innocent and that any punishment is too great.

Looking on, of course, are the fans of the other clubs who fall into exactly the same categories. Although, collectively themselves, they see the fans and the offending club as one and the same, those fans are guilty by association and, for many of them, the punishment will never be severe enough.

I knew that if Dundee FC were mentioned in this thread, it was never going to be with fond memories. I'll take that on the chin as I don't expect anything else and I'm not about to defend them by saying, "yes, but we were different to......., and we're not as bad as......"

What stands out for me, though, is if I wince every time a wee diddy club like mine is remembered for their relatively meagre wrongdoing, the years to come are going to feel like the death of a thousand cuts for the ordinary bluenoses.

In the scheme of things, they are still at the grieving stage - hurt, anger, confusion. We were 'fortunate' that the taxman didn't make up more than 25% of our debt (and on that note, it was blatantly obvious from the outset that the H&D CVA was NEVER going to be accepted), but don't underestimate the long term effects administration has had on the club, that don't make the headlines.

At Dens, the same grieving process was going on (although I don't remember anyone videoing themselves singing their own version of "you'll never walk alone" and posting it on You Tube):blink: . The big difference I saw was the appetite for simply getting on with trying to save the club. That was the most important thing, and all the more remarkable given that this was the 2nd time we'd been called upon to muck in. Also, there was, believe it or not, some dignified leadership (that didn't get the headlines certain others did). I don't see this at Ibrox. Like the stereotypes who drift through life expecting the state to provide, it's as if the 'Peepel' genuinely believe that the equivalent of a crisis loan is going to land at the bottom of the marble staircase to see them through to their next trophy, and that by being part of a bigger gang they can just do as they please. It's as absurd as it is fascinating.......

A greenie, sir. And not just because I got a mention!

Cockwomble, Haudit & Daudit, Hughie Green, Soccerball Bill, The Blue Shytes, Fat Sally, The Donkeymaster, Duff & Duffus, NewCo(rpse), Club 12, quantum, Zombie Rangers, The stand up guy, Team Cardigan, Keyboard Knobjockeys, t'Rangers....

My vocabulary has been enhanced since Feb 14.

Shame it's largely bollocks. Most Dundee fans at the time were busy finger-pointing and threatening boycotts.

Anyway............

Green thing from me too, though you have been selective in your reading if you think I'm sensible. :lol:

1340027688[/url]' post='6348251']

I never even knew there was a meeting. A meeting about what?

1) Think it was scheduled already2) God only knows how they passed the time but I'd be astonished if a statement with any actual clear leadership or decision making evident was released. Expect a 'nothing to see here, move along, reconvene on (insert date to waste more time)' type statement.