Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Exactly - he's like the anti-RTC - he seems to be on the wrong side of the argument on almost everything. Who is the guy and why is he being quoted?

Seconded.

Rangers can try appealing all over the shop but we don't have time for that. The SFA/SPL have to act for the sake of Scottish football, and they have to take their punishment. Otherwise, it's chaos. What league do they play in while this mess is being sorted out?

Rangers are no more, so I dont see what the problem is. Any Newco that appears should be treated as such, a new company.

They have no accounts- so should not be admitted to Scottish football until they have the required financial accounting history

They have no accounts- so are unable to compete in Europe for at least 3 years

EBT's, transfer bans, dual contracts, tax cases- all these investigations should be ceased, because the perpetrators are no more.

I cannot see why the SPL, SFA and SFL cannot just adhere to their rules and regs. HMRC are the only ones so far to have done it, so why dont this lot. They have to stop fucking about, and just get on with doing their jobs.

A few months ago I was convinced they would wriggle out of it but the more it drags on and the more shit that comes out the more I realise they are utterly utterly fucked and even the corrupt Scottish footballing authorities can't wriggle them out of this. Absolutely brilliant!

Rangers are no more, so I dont see what the problem is. Any Newco that appears should be treated as such, a new company.

They have no accounts- so should not be admitted to Scottish football until they have the required financial accounting history

EBT's, transfer bans, dual contracts, tax cases- all these investigations should be ceased, because the perpetrators are no more.

I cannot see why the SPL, SFA and SFL cannot just adhere to their rules and regs. HMRC are the only ones so far to have done it, so why dont this lot. They have to stop fucking about, and just get on with doing their jobs.

As others have said, the issue is that they are indeed a new company but are attempting to forge a continuation of the old football club.

Myself, and many others, think that they can't have it both ways. They can keep the history of the old football club but these investigations must carry. Or, there can be an official announcement from the club (whatever they're called) that they are indeed a brand new club with no history, no titles, no trophies, at which point the investigations into the new company stop (but can continue into the old company).

So they have been cheating then, and good style.

Looking forward to the winners of the 2008 Scottish Cup being corrected on the old trophy.

One would presume that this would prohibit any admittance of a club portraying to 'uphold the history and traditions' of Rangers 1872? Surely the embarrassment would be too great, it would be like Virgin Money putting Fred Goodwin in charge.

I accept your comments, i have a brother who is/was a gers fan and speaks of the same sentiments as yourself. But as i have said to him, how can you be a supporter of a club but disassociate yourself from the actions of your club. I do have sympathy for you wanting a team to suppport, but to expect that a 10 point deduction is enough is in itself is crass, naive or plain arrogrance. I personally haven't heard any humility from gers fans. Even the ones who i have heard state that they should go to the third division aren't saying it because they believe they deserve it, no it is apparently too teach the rest of us how much we need them.

At Dens, the same grieving process was going on (although I don't remember anyone videoing themselves singing their own version of "you'll never walk alone" and posting it on You Tube):blink: . The big difference I saw was the appetite for simply getting on with trying to save the club. That was the most important thing, and all the more remarkable given that this was the 2nd time we'd been called upon to muck in. Also, there was, believe it or not, some dignified leadership (that didn't get the headlines certain others did). I don't see this at Ibrox. Like the stereotypes who drift through life expecting the state to provide, it's as if the 'Peepel' genuinely believe that the equivalent of a crisis loan is going to land at the bottom of the marble staircase to see them through to their next trophy, and that by being part of a bigger gang they can just do as they please. It's as absurd as it is fascinating.......

The difference between RFC (deid) and Dundee is that Dundee didn't see themselves as above the law or "too big to fail", nor expect those in the corridors of power to spin and twist the rules to ensure no real action would be taken against them. That's been the second part of the "head in the sand" mentality, the first was that they refused to accept the evidence, that they thought that by ignoring the problem, their friends in high places would just make it all go away, as evidenced by "We've been punished enough". BOLLOX.

Ha ha. Best joke I've seen all day. Better tell HMRC to stop right now then.

Think you'll find the perpetrators are in hiding, cos the Big Bad Tax Man is gonna get them.

Agree that The Rangers aren't liable there, more's the pity. They can only be shafted on three fronts now.

I really can't get my head around the fact that Oldco are no more and are / have been liquidated. Club 12 are a brand new entity and should, by rights, be applying to join the SFL as per Spartans or Cove Rangers.

However, Club12 still have a right to vote themselves straight into the SPL ? What. The. Fvck ?

If, as someone mentioned earlier, the SPL / SFA have the power to impose any penalty they see fit, then surely they should be removing this right to vote from an entity that, in effect, has no rights.

(Or am I making a James Hunt of this ?) :ph34r:

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Rangers aren't 'no more'. They are still Rangers (IA) preparing to go into liquidation. Their assets are, AFAIK, 1) £5.5m, 2 )SPL membership (including voting rights) and 3) SFA membership. Plus 4) the intangible of their history. NewCo want 2 and 3 transferred preferably with 4 intact - a continuation. However, as Rangers (IA) still exist penalties can still be applied - which really can only affect 2 and 3. In the extreme case 2 and 3 are withdrawn leaving nothing that can be transfered to the NewCo - thereby meaning that the history goes by default

Edited by The Old Northerner

A few months ago I was convinced they would wriggle out of it but the more it drags on and the more shit that comes out the more I realise they are utterly utterly fucked and even the corrupt Scottish footballing authorities can't wriggle them out of this. Absolutely brilliant!

I'm in this boat also - I cynically believed that a way would be found for business as usual. I just couldn't conceive of how damaged they have turned out to be and just how many breaches there have been. I can't see, especially after today's announcement how anyone can vote for them in good conscience. To vote yes now would be seen as completely unforgivable by fans of every single club.

I think this may have reached the point where Charlie boy has just bought himself a few pieces of real estate and bugger-all else. By any logic, RFC(deid)'s SPL share should be offered to 2nd place in Div1, and the SFL should refuse Newco entry, tell them to join the queue behind Spartans and Cove Rangers etc. I don't see that the SFA can ban Newco or suspend them for the crimes of RFC(deid) but everyone should just stick to current rules and regulations and they will simply cease to exist in any form, pheonix or otherwise.

EBT Case could see around 10 years worth of trophies being ripped from the history of RFC(Decd).

New Co application to be considered and announced along with the outcome of the above.

I can see a 2 week campaign running in the red tops that will attempt to trade one off against the other as a suitable outcome.

The sanctions will apply to the newco - I'm sure it says so in the statement.

I don't think that's the case Kyle but what is certain is that trophys won will be scrubbed from the record of Rangers. Of course they cannot take any trophys away from The Rangers as they have never won any so The Rangers will get of scot free but then , did you not expect this?