Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Will be delighted to change my name to Chazza2003. Apart from Queen of the South winning the Scottish Cup and United winning a League Cup, anybody got a list of who wins what now? Celtic do God knows how many in a row too, of course. Might eclipse the Stein years.

The situation as I see it, granted I am only going by what has been written by some Dr of law, is that in a legal sense Rangers Plc have absolutely nothing to do with Sevco so Sevco Rangers cannot be punished for anything Rangers have done. Sevco Rangers, I assume, could accept any sanctions for the old Rangers and pretend they are old Rangers still, so long as no-one makes a legal challenge on any of the sanctions but that does not detract from the fact that as far as the law is concerned Sevco Rangers have never been and never will be the same legal entity as Rangers Plc. and that the concept of a football club is nothing more than an idea which can float about anyone who claims it.

The big deal with this announcement is that the SPL and SFA can impose any sanctions they like on Sevco Rangers and Sevco Rangers cannot challenge them, to challenge them in ordinary court would be asking a judge to rubber stamp the death warrant.

What Sevco hope to do is like leaving your dead Gran in the bedroom whilst claiming her dole, so long as you keep paying her parking fines no-one will be any the wiser.

I don't think that's the case Kyle but what is certain is that trophys won will be scrubbed from the record of Rangers. Of course they cannot take any trophys away from The Rangers as they have never won any so The Rangers will get of scot free but then , did you not expect this?

I think it will be more 'severe' than that, and it will end up affecting the newco (I know Rangers fans will probably think being stripped of the titles is worse than anything, but it really isnt). When you consider the disrepute charge already brought against Rangers and now the dual contracts investigation, the sanctions could end up being pretty severe. Whether on the newco or applied to the share, I'm not sure, but the SPL have consulted their lawyers and I'm fairly sure they wont do anything unless it's water tight, having been stung already in the CoS.

The full list of sanctions available to the SPL are a warning, a reprimand, a fine, the annulment of an official match, ordering a match is replayed, a points deduction, the award of an official match to an opponent, ordering games to be played behind closed doors, stadium closure, expulsion from the league, the withdrawal of a title or award, ordering compensation to be paid, a signing embargo and/or any other punishment the SPL board sees fit.

My link

Will be delighted to change my name to Chazza2003. Apart from Queen of the South winning the Scottish Cup and United winning a League Cup, anybody got a list of who wins what now? Celtic do God knows how many in a row too, of course. Might eclipse the Stein years.

Ayr United CIS Cup 2002

I've got to the stage when I can't even remember whether I actually posted something previously, or just thought of something and intended to post but never got round to it - such is the impact of the glorious BRALT.

Anyway, what I might have posted echoes exactly what someone else has said above - this mob simply cannot have their cake and eat it.

Bearwithme was somewhat smugly claming that the club remains in place, and it is simply the company that administers the club that has changed. Hmm....I wonder if he is still ploughing that particular furrow.

If they want to preserve their history, with that comes responsibiilty for the tawdry, ignominious chapters of that history. That accountability cannot be shaken off.

If, however, they hold their hands up and willingly surrender that history (and not just the less than illustrious bits that effectively make up the last 10 - 15 years or so), then they start from scratch. That means they have no history, and, as an entirely new entity, look to work their way up from the bottom of the ladder - one rung at a time.

Edit for typos (and probably didn't get them all).

Edited by Drooper

If I were Spartans I'd be getting my application for SFL lined up straight away.

They've already said they won't be bothering as they cannot see any circumstances whereby the newcorpse wouldn't get in (reported in the Sunday Herald yesterday).

They've already said they won't be bothering as they cannot see any circumstances whereby the newcorpse wouldn't get in (reported in the Sunday Herald yesterday).

I'd be thinking about changing my mind if I was them - considering what has come out today...

Is it somewhere with sandy beaches? Prime for dooking yer heid in :P

Cala Santanyi on Majorca..Lovely wee beach that i am going to lie on for 11 days and forget all this shit...Que Sera sera ;)