Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Above photo taken the other day and not photo shopped

I keep pinching myself every day looking at this picture dreaming a dream of Football in scotland without this cancer of a club

Whens the party folks! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

1966 - Remembered for a team cheating their way to World Cup glory with a goal that never even crossed the line. I hate cheats. No place for them in the game. dry.gif

(Rather ironic after the Ukrainian 'goal' this evening)

Edited by Hedgecutter

Anyone seen or heard of a Blue Knight lately?

Where are these high profile heroes these days?

Both Jim McColl and Douglas Park were alleged Blue Knights. The buns also believe that Paul 'nae munnae' Murray was skulking aboots in the Cardigan Consortium who walked away again today.

Edited by Claymores

For anyone who missed the full story of Walter Smith's attempt to buy Rangers,

heres a graphic reconstruction:

syJKU.gif

I've watched him come in the room around 50 times and it still tickles me

I like how his slippers are the same colour as the rug so it kind of looks like he's walking through an ankle-deep pool of blood.

Both Jim McColl and Douglas Park were alleged Blue Knights. The buns also believe that Paul 'nae munnae' Murray was in the Cardigan Consortium who walked away again today.

Will we get a Supergroup of potential heroes appearing at some stage (cf ELP, Blind Faith, Asia etc) or merely a Woolies Pik'n'Mix of has-beens turning up next?

Never good for more than one album anyway - too many well entrenched egos. :huh:

This was the year poor old Third Lanark died :(.And all the debt that killed them was a mere £40,000 :o.

And at least their fans let the club die with dignity unlike the orcs with their cry of "revenge" and "kill them all"

Their last known press team photo here .....

last_team_press_photo_1966_med.jpeg

The DemiseSadly there are no fond memories for Third Lanark fans of that era. They were shattered to witness the Cathkin gates being closed for the final time on 30th June 1967. this followed and exhaustive examination by the Borad of Trade into the club's affairs, as a consequence of a series of discrepencies being revealed during the previous months. A total debt of £40,000 sealed their fate.

Thirds' fans were stunned. Emotions ran from anger, through frustration to disbelief, before suddenly realising that come the new season, Saturdays would be quite different. Over a period of 95 years the club had contributed massively to the Scottish Football scene. They had won every possible domestic honour, being the First Division champions in 1903/04, before topping the Second Division, twice, in 1930/31 and 1934/35. The Scottish Cup was won in 1889 and 1905 and even with Glasgow's big two, Rangers and Celtic, always in contention Thirds' grabbed the Glasgow Cup four times and even topped that with six Charity Cup successes.

In August 1996 I invited two Cathkin legends to launch my History on the Club - Still Seeing Red. Both the late great Ally McLeod and former player Dave Hilley captivated the large group of ex-players and fans with recolllections of their life and times at Cathkin. Hilley's own description of Thirds was spot on when he said, "Thirds simply were a wonderful football club, perhaps not winning too many trophies, but over many years they provided their tens of thousands of fans with endless happy memories, , loads of honest commitment and wonderful entertainment".

The inquest into Thirds' demise moved swiftly and the Board of Trade investigators laid the blame for it on the shoulders of Chairman and Director Bill Hiddleston. He had been a Board member for a short spell in the mid fifties, before being forced to resign. In 1962 his re-emergence on the Board led to almost instant dramatic changes within the club. Three directors, and manager George Young resigned and within months bedlam reigned. Boardroom squabbles ended with the selling of top scoring stars, Dave Hilley, Alex Harley and Matt Gray for a reported joint fee of £78,000 which left the squad of players decimated and resulted in the club grabbing the banner headlines in the tabloids, for all the wrong reasons.

To be continued… (15 May 2012).

Edited by hellbhoy

Above photo taken the other day and not photo shopped

I keep pinching myself every day looking at this picture dreaming a dream of Football in scotland without this cancer of a club

Whens the party folks! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Don't believe ye.

In answe to the party question, probably page 4258 !!!!