Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Referee's receiving EBTs, falsified accounts, prosecutions?

Too good to be real.

Anything is possible here. It does seem unlikely to have happened from 2000 onwards with greater media coverage but I'm not going to rule it out as false just yet.

Let's see what lovely accounting trickery they have been up to. Everyone had said EBTSs were in the submitted accounts, has somebody decided to check out that claim.

While I advocate only vacating trophies for EBTs, if falsified accounts and genuine fraud (not just playing fast and loose with the tax code) has occurred I will take great delight in several rangers directors ending up in jail. I hope the prison system has kept up with the DisabIlities Discrimination Act smile.gif

It does indeed sound too good to be true but it's been said all along it was nuclear and would make what was already know look minor by comparison. If so, by nature, it would have to be something along these lines. Time will tell.

Mike McCurry has to be 1 after that performance v Dundee Utd that enraged Levein, rememeber the offside OG?unsure.gif

This was the year poor old Third Lanark died :(.And all the debt that killed them was a mere £40,000 :o.

And at least their fans let the club die with dignity unlike the orcs with their cry of "revenge" and "kill them all"

Their last known press team photo here .....

last_team_press_photo_1966_med.jpeg

The DemiseSadly there are no fond memories for Third Lanark fans of that era. They were shattered to witness the Cathkin gates being closed for the final time on 30th June 1967. this followed and exhaustive examination by the Borad of Trade into the club's affairs, as a consequence of a series of discrepencies being revealed during the previous months. A total debt of £40,000 sealed their fate.

Thirds' fans were stunned. Emotions ran from anger, through frustration to disbelief, before suddenly realising that come the new season, Saturdays would be quite different. Over a period of 95 years the club had contributed massively to the Scottish Football scene. They had won every possible domestic honour, being the First Division champions in 1903/04, before topping the Second Division, twice, in 1930/31 and 1934/35. The Scottish Cup was won in 1889 and 1905 and even with Glasgow's big two, Rangers and Celtic, always in contention Thirds' grabbed the Glasgow Cup four times and even topped that with six Charity Cup successes.

In August 1996 I invited two Cathkin legends to launch my History on the Club - Still Seeing Red. Both the late great Ally McLeod and former player Dave Hilley captivated the large group of ex-players and fans with recolllections of their life and times at Cathkin. Hilley's own description of Thirds was spot on when he said, "Thirds simply were a wonderful football club, perhaps not winning too many trophies, but over many years they provided their tens of thousands of fans with endless happy memories, , loads of honest commitment and wonderful entertainment".

The inquest into Thirds' demise moved swiftly and the Board of Trade investigators laid the blame for it on the shoulders of Chairman and Director Bill Hiddleston. He had been a Board member for a short spell in the mid fifties, before being forced to resign. In 1962 his re-emergence on the Board led to almost instant dramatic changes within the club. Three directors, and manager George Young resigned and within months bedlam reigned. Boardroom squabbles ended with the selling of top scoring stars, Dave Hilley, Alex Harley and Matt Gray for a reported joint fee of £78,000 which left the squad of players decimated and resulted in the club grabbing the banner headlines in the tabloids, for all the wrong reasons.

To be continued… (15 May 2012).

Two of my favourite ex Saints in that photo, Tony Connell and Hugh McLaughlan.

Unless they read the Scottish papers or visit the BBC Sport Scotland website, you'd need to tell most of them about it first.

Good pointlaugh.gif

I should tell foreigners what happened and ask what they think.

The only problem being the story is too far fetched to be believed, even by a simpleton.

It was always a gamble for Chuckie that it would all pan out right. He saw a chance to make a quick buck and it hasn't worked out for him.

He really hasn't put anything in. Has he even handed over the £5million for the assets?

So we've now got 'Chuckie' dealing with the 'Chuckle Brothers' !

If these rumours are true, then this is going to be fucking mental. Seriously, this won't be a wee diddy nuclear explosion, this'll be the fucking Tsar Bomba of explosions out of Govan. It'll be a cataclysmic hydrogen bomb hitting Scottish football.

The best part is, my media player has just ticked over onto Muse's "Feeling Good"... biggrin.gif

Mike McCurry has to be 1 after that performance v Dundee Utd that enraged Levein, rememeber the offside OG?unsure.gif

Oh yes! Cracker.

Thing is, if we to start compiling a list of games where we thought the ref had been bribed by Rangers, this thread would be the first that was visible from space.

Taken from the official Rangers twitter feed....

"bears the expected unsponsored shirts have arrived early & there are around 100 available in the megastore,this will be the last delivery"

Soon to be sold on Ebay as a collectors item.

I reckon that'll probably be bollocks, our officials are shite they aren't bent.

Fake accounts sounds par for the course though.

You have to wonder why Rangers needed to bribe refs here.

European nights, understandable. SPL, no

What i would pay to hear Rangers bribed an official to beat Falkirklaugh.gif

They have had a few dodgy pens down the years v us