Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm impatient to get my first sight of a new Sevco 5088 Zombie FC shirt with Irn Bru patches on the sleeves.

Irn Bru will be delighted - they didn't know they were getting so many fannies for their ad campaign :)

The question that I've asked many a time, and haven't yet received an answer from any of my currant pals, is this: supposing you roll up to Edmiston Drive tomorrow with £400 / £500 for your season ticket - who receives the money? The oldco, where it will (presumably) be used as administrator's fees and to pay off creditors, or the newco?

A couple days back, it was in the papers that the newco doesn't have any banking facilities sorted yet, and so the oldco is collecting season ticket money. Green assured people that this money was "ring fenced", but it turns out that this isn't really the case.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/107386-rangers-crisis-ibrox-season-ticket-renewal-money-held-by-oldco/

The last bit is certainly doubtful. The planning permission for housing isn't there at Murray Park and at Ibrox you would have a plot of land in Govan needing a large, partially-listed football stadium removed from it.

They could convert it, as Arsenal did when they moved from Highbury. I'd imagine there will be plenty of fans of the former Rangers FC (in administration, pending liquidation) willing to pay to live in a house carved out of their main stand.

Is Green more pissed that players are abandoning ship before he gets the chance to throw them overboard? It looks like it.

I reckon all this "these players should be honest and stay to help the club" nonsense is just a smoke screen. These are the guys that he would be looking to sell in the very near future and would have used the guise of "we are playing in a lower league and can't afford them/it's best for them/we don't want to hold a player back from fulfilling his potential."

At the same time many fans will be holding tight to their season ticket money. He probably thought that as long as the team was together the orcs would assume that would be the team to lead them "back to glory", but now it could be a case of turning up with your own boots and you might get a game.

Still think there will be no rankers 2.0 next season.

1340617202[/url]' post='6371619']

Richard Wilson@Richwilsport St Johnstone will also vote no to newco Rangers. Full details in @theeveningtimes

Retweeted by Voices From... Expand Collapse

Is this old news?

I've just picked this up on Twitter, so think its new. Saints don't seem to have confirmed, though.

A couple days back, it was in the papers that the newco doesn't have any banking facilities sorted yet, and so the oldco is collecting season ticket money. Green assured people that this money was "ring fenced", but it turns out that this isn't really the case.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/107386-rangers-crisis-ibrox-season-ticket-renewal-money-held-by-oldco/

That is telling. Who's really going to renew their season ticket for next season? How at this rate will the newco be able to afford to pay the wages of their administrative and office staff, let alone the playing squad?

Does anyone know how much Lee McElbows earns?

JB chased a dream, fucked it up. We paid off everyone we could, which would happen in any business and offered, at least a realistic CVA. Played the season out and finished bottom, only to survive on a technicality. All within the law, certainly not nice what happened to the players, but having been made redundant myself once, thats life.

Since then the club has been run pretty well, we sign frees and youth development and sell for profit and aside of all the recent sacre mongering are in a healthy position.

Old Rangers on the other hand........

Free the John McVeigh is a titS

Which highlights the failed venture at Dead Rangers their model was to keep those players achieving second place, I know the player took the sacrifice of wages but now they want to use them to bankroll the Phoenix club. What other football club has gone into administration and not had to release the majority of their players ?

They obviously knew that the CVA would never be accepted of any grounds but attempted to hold onto the players as assets if this was the case then why didn't the administrators do this to try and achieve some money for their creditors ?

But clubs like 'well and others would not have over stretched themselves financially if Murray hadn't spunked money that wasn't his.

Some fuckwit just got this eyesore done today-

You should tell him he's got the UJ wrong - the red diagonals aren't symmetrical and evenly spaced within the white diagonals on the UJ.

Idont think that's likely tbh not unless someone is willing towrite off tens of millions in costs and nobody reputable wanted to write off a pound when they had good revenue streams sdm royally screwed them.the fighting fund got pennies when there was still hope of spl title challenge albeit false hope...they aren't real fans in way of Acc Wimbledon etc they will only invest in ready made success

I just said I thought it it might be the plan. I didn't say it was a good one rolleyes.gif

http://news.stv.tv/s...-held-by-oldco/

You mean he was being partial with the actualite? Surely not. That won't go down well with the custodians of the former club which was renowned for its dignity and probity.

Besiktas look to be interested in making a move for Allan McGregor.

McGregor move

He won't last 5 minutes there. Judging by his holiday snaps he isn't shy of a Greggs Beefy Bake. Don't think they have one in Istanbul.