Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That's the worst thing for Motherwell and Kilmarnock now. They are going to be stained with this for years, no matter what happens in the coming days.

Did I miss something? When did Motherwell say they'd vote yes?

I thought they'd passed the vote to the supporters.

I would think the silence from Celtic (who are praying for at least 5 No votes be made public) will be remembered better.

That's the worst thing for Motherwell and Kilmarnock now. They are going to be stained with this for years, no matter what happens in the coming days.

Additionally, as far as us East Coasters like to joke about, being part of 'Greater Weegieland' isn't going to help their case when being accused of being closet Rangers fans (or OF in general) even more.

Edited by Hedgecutter

And it's not Killie's fans' fault their chairman is a snivelling apologist toad.

Not sure that really is the case. Motherwell put it to the Well Society (should have went to the Albo10, but thats another matter). As they are heading for fan ownership, they really didn't have a choice. With that they have published, which appears to be accurate estimations of a WORST case scenario for the fans to see before they vote. At least the fans can decide with their eyes open, and has been pointed out, when Motherwell can't sign anyone, or have to sell players or the worst happens (unlikely) admin comes round after a NO vote. The fans can't complain too much. I would also be pretty sure the vote will be clear from the Motherwell support NO.

Its just a balancing act, a NO vote will cause major problems for Scottinsh football for a few years. Something we all need to accept and get on with. NO is still the right answer. Sorry only answer

The last bit is certainly doubtful. The planning permission for housing isn't there at Murray Park and at Ibrox you would have a plot of land in Govan needing a large, partially-listed football stadium removed from it.

Someone pointed out much earlier in the thread that if Ibrox is left to rot,then becomes uneconomic to fix,then the owners can apply to the council to remove the listed building protection.If it is deemed unsafe they would then get permission to demolish it.

I know, that's what a vote is supposed to be like. This was to madwullie who is nae happy with my view that Killie loaded question vote is a shocker!

I don't think it is particularly loaded, but I do agree that having three questions muddies the waters.

Did you have any sympathy for us? If you did, that's OK, because Killie are a good club and Harkins is a fine player.

But you're missing the point. Honourable option my arse. All clubs with financial problems are doing is avoiding the issue, as Dundee would have done but for circumstances. We are no better or worse than most other Scottish clubs and anyone would thinks otherwise is as big a fool as Mr Johnston obviously is. Toad.

No, you are worse than most clubs. You bought players you couldn't afford, and paid wages you couldn't afford in order to gain an advantage over your competitors. Then you weaseled out of paying your debts. Twice.

Edited by welshbairn

What I don't get about Johnson's letter is the fact he is saying they have budgeted for Rangers visits next season. Given that this has been doubtful since the middle of February, how can he even consider that. Would he be doing the same thing if they were in relegation trouble at in February?

Added to Cockwomble's statement about 'not expecting a newco application...' We've found out a fair bit about the guys in charge of the game. They're largely clueless and out of touch with reality.

What I don't get about Johnson's letter is the fact he is saying they have budgeted for Rangers visits next season.

Is this any different to Rangers going even further up shit creek because of losing out on budgeted Champions League money in the recent past? Probably not so Killie won't be getting any of my pity (even if half of my uncles and cousins happen to be Killie fans).

What I don't get about Johnson's letter is the fact he is saying they have budgeted for Rangers visits next season. Given that this has been doubtful since the middle of February, how can he even consider that. Would he be doing the same thing if they were in relegation trouble at in February?

Exactly. Perhaps club owners should leard to work within their means from now on and not to rely on something as fluid as gate reciepts. What if the Kilmarnock v Rangers game was scheduled for a Tuesday night, live on telly, in the middle of December, pissing it down and then ended up 2000 down on the crowd they might have got for a sunny September game

Someone pointed out much earlier in the thread that if Ibrox is left to rot,then becomes uneconomic to fix,then the owners can apply to the council to remove the listed building protection.If it is deemed unsafe they would then get permission to demolish it.

So they wait a good while, spend a lot of money on demolition etc and end up with a plot of land in Govan? Surely there must be better investment opportunities?

Obvious but I'll say it anyway: MJ has simply ballsed this up royally to the detriment of his own club by needlessly coming out with what he's said so early. It's inevitable that while everyone else voted Sevco out, Killie (and Motherwell to an extent) will be remembered as the only ones who were going to vote yes and they'll almost certainly be punished financially by away fan boycotts. Surely there's no way that any other club will come out in support of the 'Yes' campaign (Celtic included) and needlessly risk the wrath of almost every SPL fan next season? Nice one MJ. Nice one.

In fairness, I asked if fans would boycott other clubs who voted Yes, and the majority of people were saying they'd still go to see games at Killie as it wasn't the choice of the fans, just their cockwomble of a chairman.

Exactly. Perhaps club owners should leard to work within their means from now on and not to rely on something as fluid as gate reciepts. What if the Kilmarnock v Rangers game was scheduled for a Tuesday night, live on telly, in the middle of December, pissing it down and then ended up 2000 down on the crowd they might have got for a sunny September game

Yeah great point. Clubs should budget on the off chance that once in 100 years a team which brings most (financial) value to the league goes out of business calling into question sponsorship deals and bringing an end to an up till this point always guaranteed 5k fans, maybe more, in through their gates.

Kilmarnock fans survey

1. Yes, the Newco should be admitted to prevent the likely death of Kilmarnock FC

2. No, the Newco should be denied entry even if it brings about the likely death of Kilmarnock FC

3. Yes, the Newco should be admitted with sanctions, in order to prevent the likely death of Kilmarnock FC

Talk about emotional blackmail.

Quelle surprise. Killie in *** without bus fare shocker.

So the potential answers are :-

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes with penalties

I can't fathom why anyone who votes YES would do so without penalties? This is a question of principle (or should be) - and should only be a YES / NO.

We all know what the outcome of the Kilmarnock vote will be regardless of the poll tho.....

In fairness, I asked if fans would boycott other clubs who voted Yes, and the majority of people were saying they'd still go to see games at Killie as it wasn't the choice of the fans, just their cockwomble of a chairman.

Maybe, but I know a fair few Aberdeen fans that are usually undecided about going to Kilmarnock games simply because of the travel involved going to an 'average' away day. Most of them do but I'd be quite confident in saying MJ's easily tipped them over onto the "nah, can't be arsed going again" side of the fence. Not sure if that's a widespread consensus amongst Dons fans and it would be interesting to hear if the Arabs feel far away enough to have the same thoughts?

What does a football club's "means" entail if they can't use gate receipts for budgetary purposes? If you can't make projections based on something that a club has detailed records for probably going back decades, I can't really see an alternative when you take TV money out the equation. Pie sales are pretty fluid as well depending on the kick-off being moved for TV and what if people don't like the new strip or the local garage can't afford the hoarding they've had for 5 years.