Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1340619112[/url]' post='6371690']

I had a look at this blog out of curiosity and it struck me that he has a similar writing style to

that of Leggo.

ie short sentences

separated by

large white spaces.

Could they be one and the same person?

(Please don't ask about the content as I just skimmed it)

There are similarities but he DOESN'T use RANDOM capitalisation. Slightly more coherent as well. He has his issues but he has called a number of things in this whole saga spot on, so I continue to keep an eye on he blog.

10,000 Hours Consortium, Newco Vote

http://www.10000hours.org/news/176-proposed-members-newco-vote

on 24 June 2012.

Further to our statement on Friday regarding our ongoing discussions with the Board we have now produced a draft list of 4 questions which we intend to put to all CIC members (in all membership categories) on Monday 25th June.

The Board have asked us to canvas the opinion of our members and we will deliver to them a report of our responses which they will factor in to the decision they will make at the SPL vote.

Our vote will work via an electronic survey but for security reasons this will not be published online, instead it will be sent via email to each member.

The email you will receive will include a personalised link to the survey which is unique to you and can only be used once (we will send this to the email address you used when signing up to join the CIC).

On our website we plan to show a counter showing response rate and answers for each question that we will update regularly.

The vote will close at midnight on Wednesday June 27th so that the Board of SMFC are aware of your thoughts before they attend the SPL meeting.

At this point there are far too many potential scenarios to make a simple yes/no question relevant. We have tried to look at all of the possible options and provided questions to cover them all.

We will also welcome general comments at the end of the survey and these will be bound into our report which will be presented to the Board.

Our intended questions are as follows but we will consider changes or alternative questions prior to publication.

Remember it is still not too late to sign up for membership of the CIC and you can do this online here on our website.

PROPOSED QUESTIONS

1. Should Rangers be allowed straight back into the SPL as a Newco if it does not effect SPL revenues to SMFC for this season?

2. Should Rangers be allowed straight back in to the SPL as a Newco if, through there absence, SMFC face a reduction of £200k in income?

(The understanding being that with cuts the club can sustain this loss of revenue for one season and re budget accordingly in the following seasons)

3. Should Rangers be allowed straight back in to the SPL as a Newco if, through their absence, SPL commercial revenues plummet to the extent that SMFC are faced with a massive revenue shortage and indeed the possibility of administration ?

4. In the event of SPL Commercial revenues reducing would you, working with the CIC and SMFC, be prepared to support the club through increased pledges and donations?

(Depending on the funding required this may delay the purchase for a year with your monthly contribution going towards helping the club directly while helping to maintain the integrity of Scottish Football)

From the Glasgow Rangers Loyal facebook page..........

Deborah Smith no feck englan how is the die hard getting there everyweek its all one for ones dont go to games or the ones down there its the pathetic thing. as take into account dues then spending money and prob hotel money as the busses might end up taking it for a 2 day trip or they need 2 driver and the bus money and then money get something to eat. use moan at cost the tickets just now go to england and the ticket are parkhead price up words."

Deborah Smith i never said they arent. we be best in div 3,2,1 were ever they want us to go ill still go week in week out to see them and theyll still me my 1st priority in life. you get fed up every year going same 10 teams and 1 different this will give us new challange and also let us (fans) visit more grounds and so on give me a different selection of tickets aswel. i said since start get us out the spl into div 3 when i was an option.

I know all the words appear to be in english but I'm not sure if they are in the right order. The surprising/unsurprising thing is, they understand her!!! blink.gif

Very recently, "Rangers Newco" has offered to accept a range of sporting and financial penalties for the wrongdoing of "Rangers Oldco", as well as undertaking to support a change to the SPL's iniquitous 90% (11-1) voting structure to a more democratic 75% (9-3), if allowed entry to the SPL. This is not insignificant and is recognised in the third option on the consultation response slip.

But when they're not allowed in the SPL we'll vote for this anyway. Gee thanks.

Dear Shareholder/Season Ticket Holder,

"Rangers Newco" in the SPL

Much has been said and written in recent weeks about "Rangers Newco" and the upcoming SPL General Meeting on 4th July when all twelve clubs (including "Rangers in Administration") will vote on whether or not the SPL share (or membership) currently held by "Rangers in Administration" may be transferred to "Rangers Newco".

The vote will be decided by an 8 - 4 majority.

Clubs are consulting their stakeholders to varying degrees. I considered holding a public meeting but the logistics of planning and conducting such a meeting highlighted a number of practical difficulties and the alternative of canvassing the views of the club's shareholders and season ticket holders (2011-12 and 2012-13) by email and letter recommended itself as a means of establishing the carefully considered views of the club's most important stakeholders based upon an analysis of the relevant facts in a non-contentious environment - your own home.

Contrary to some media reports, I have not committed our club to supporting "Rangers Newco". For a more balanced report of my views as at 22nd May, see the Daily Telegraph article by Roddy Forsyth - copy annexed. This interview preceded the Panorama expose regarding the use of EBT's by "Rangers Oldco" as a means of supplementing players' wages in an illegal manner in breach of SFA and SPL rules. There then followed an appeal to the Court of Session by "Rangers in Administration" contrary to the tenet that clubs should not invoke civil courts to deal with football sanctions, a principle strongly advocated by FIFA and UEFA. It must be said that "Rangers Oldco" and "Rangers in Administration" have not done Rangers Football Club any favours in terms of gaining support for "Rangers Newco" in its ambition to be accepted as a member of the SPL on 4th July.

Kilmarnock Football Club, which is of course entirely blameless in this situation, finds itself in serious danger of suffering severe financial penalties if our opening fixture and subsequent home fixture on 6th April 2013 of the 2012-13 SPL season are against a "Club 12" which does not enjoy a travelling support of circa six to eight thousand (@ £26 per person), because that is what we have budgeted for, in line with every other SPL season since the league's inception in 1998. This means a potential drop in revenue of around £300,000 net.

If the vote on 4th July goes against "Rangers Newco", the SPL will have breached its contract with "Sky" and other commercial partners who require "Old Firm" derbies as part of the SPL's contractual obligations. Termination or re-negotiation of these contracts may follow with unquantifiable (but certainly negative) financial consequences for all twelve member clubs.

This would have a profound impact on the operating conditions of our club. We no longer have access to "soft loans" from a wealthy owner and seven years of debt reduction is unlikely to be reversed by Lloyds Banking Group offering increased borrowing facilities. The excellent support which we enjoy from sponsors and supporters would hopefully continue unabated but even the slickest of sales and marketing campaigns would struggle to fill the financial void in the short term. Spending cuts in the club's administration and hotel have already been implemented. There is no room for further savings in those areas without causing major operational issues. This leaves the playing squad to bear the brunt of a serious funding shortfall. Expenditure on the club's Youth Development programme and community projects would also come under severe pressure.

The statement issued by Motherwell FC on 18th June (excerpts annexed) captured the dilemma facing the majority of SPL clubs.

I firmly believe that the success and prosperity of our club will always come first with our supporters. I also believe that our supporters appreciate the progress we've made over the last two seasons and are keen to be a part of what we hope will be an exciting period ahead. Thus the healthy season ticket sales to date - ahead of last year's figures.

Following the emotional rollercoaster of our season ending match with Falkirk in 2010, we have recorded steady improvements, both on and off the pitch. This, of course, culminated in an unforgettable day at Hampden in March when the League Cup was won for the first time in our history, completing our "treble" of Scottish football's major honours.

Since last season ended, Manuel Pascali, James Fowler, Garry Hay and, most importantly, our cup winning manager Kenny Shiels have all signed extended contracts. Kenny is very much a "man with a plan" and has already given a number of young players first team experience as he builds for the future.

We have a sound platform to build from. It is our intention to add to the core of last season's squad by bringing in quality players in key positions and also to give further opportunities to the talented young players who are pushing for inclusion in the first team.

It's frustrating that due to circumstances outwith our control we are being hampered in our preparations for next season.This is a particularly difficult and anxious time as we look to manage our finances to create a playing budget that will allow us to match our ambitions for the club next season with our estimated income in the club's financial year to 31st May, 2013.

Normally, this is down to our projections on season ticket sales, gate receipts, commercial income from sponsors and our share of central revenues from the SPL - all of which is generally predictable. However, the uncertainty over Rangers' participation in the SPL and the potential consequences of that for the level of gate receipts and TV revenues received via the SPL has meant that we have not been able to press ahead with our plans.

The next few weeks are critical in terms of preparing the playing squad for the new season. The players reported back for pre-season training today. One or two of last season's first team regulars remain out of contract and we would like to be able to make offers to them and the signing targets highlighted by Kenny as soon as possible to give us the best preparation for next season.

For that reason, the news on season ticket sales offers encouragement and, hopefully, we'll be able to continue to report positive news as we proceed through the renewal process. Each year, our clear objective is is to increase sales and we're on target to do that for the second year in succession. It's a sobering thought, however, that we'd need around 1,000 additional adult season ticket sales to make up for the loss of two home fixtures against Rangers next season - but if that becomes a necessity, then that's what we'll aim to do.

So, we're looking for the wider issues to be resolved quickly, which will allow us and the rest of the SPL clubs to finalise budgets and pre-season plans and get back to playing football. Now, perhaps more than ever before, we need our true supporters to back the club - regardless of who "Club 12" turns out to be.

Very recently, "Rangers Newco" has offered to accept a range of sporting and financial penalties for the wrongdoing of "Rangers Oldco", as well as undertaking to support a change to the SPL's iniquitous 90% (11-1) voting structure to a more democratic 75% (9-3), if allowed entry to the SPL. This is not insignificant and is recognised in the third option on the consultation response slip.

I want to go to the SPL General Meeting on 4th July with a clear impression of the opinions of our most important stakeholders - the club's shareholders and season ticket holders - so please reply by email to or use the response slip and reply paid envelope provided if you have received this letter by post. Responses must be received by 12 noon on Monday 2nd July.

There are three options to which you should respond

1 - YES - the "New" Rangers FC should be admitted to the SPL in order to avoid the SPL being in breach of its contractual obligations to "Sky" and other commercial partners

2 - NO - the "New" Rangers FC should NOT be admitted to the SPL under any circumstances, regardless of the consequences for Kilmarnock FC

3 - YES - subject to the "New" Rangers FC accepting a range of sporting and financial penalties (short of exclusion from the SPL) for the wrongdoing of the owners of the "Old" Rangers FC

AND undertaking to support reform of the SPL's voting structure, the "New" Rangers FC should be admitted to the SPL. Please include 1-YES or 2-NO or 3-YES in your subject heading which will help us to evaluate the responses

Yours sincerely,

Michael_Johnston_Signature.1.jpg

Michael Johnston,Chairman,

Kilmarnock FC

League Cup Winners 2012

Quelle surprise. Killie in *** without bus fare shocker.

Folk keep referring to it as a car crash.

Personally I prefer 'train wreck'. It just seems more apt as it just keeps going and going and there are no buffers in sight.:D

edit except the old ones at the SFA

More like scalextric for me - unbelievable crashes, only to go back on and do the same again

Meanwhile, over on the south side of Glasgow, a mad scientist seeking to unleash an abomination on the land gets a bit frustrated with all the delays ...

What are these "sporting and financial penalties" that newco has apparently signed up to then? Haven't heard anything about that in the media - is it all just a smokescreen by Johnston who is clearly wetting himself that WATP won't be in the SPL next season.

That's what I find interesting about it. Doubt very much MJ has made this up.

The sporting penalty is probably a points deduction.

The financial penalty is probably the loss of 75% of TV revenue plus a requirement to pay all football creditors.

These were the penalties originally proposed by Doncaster which the clubs avoided voting through.

Just said exactly the same to my brother.

For their own good they need to be suspended for a year to sort out their mess of a club. No way can all this be rsolved by the time the season kicks off. With the potential for more legal action over players contract it will drag on and on

Keep things as they are this year without zRangers and sort out a proper league reconstruction in time for season 13/14

If they get suspended for a year due to all the other outstanding decisions to be made on punishments, I would assume Dundee, Airdrie and Stranraer getting pushed up a league leaving the 3rd with only 9 teams.

Surely they can't run the league with a team missing? Do the clubs in the 3rd get compensation for the loss of 2 home games? Is another club invited in to make the numbers up, leaving Sevco with no league position after the year's suspension without major reconstruction?

This situation is a totally f**k-up and being allowed to continue this close to next season is actually pathetic on behalf of the administrators of the game. They need to get a grip, apply their own rules fairly as they would for any other club, (bar one) and get it sorted.

Edited by Gogs Grog

Courtesy of Praha Killie on killiefc.com, here is a piece by Murdo McLeod in today's Daily Record. Can anyone spot the error in his logic?

Celtic fans will soon tire of title walkover

PICTURE the scene. Newco Rangers are voted out of the SPL and the season gets under way.

With only one Old Firm team to worry about, the rest of the league get a massive boost and the likes of Hearts and Dundee United are ready to mount a title charge.

Celtic, with their full focus on making the Champions League group stage, take their eye off the ball domestically and drop a host of daft points.

By the turn of the year there is a real title race and interest around the country is mounting as we prepare for a thrilling run-in with the prospect of the trophy ending up outside Glasgow.

It's a great scenario isn't it?

But there is absolutely no chance of it happening.

Celtic will be just as strong, no matter if they sell one or two players, and my biggest concern is how embarrassing the gulf at the top of the table could be if Rangers are not in the top flight.

We saw clubs have a chase last season when Rangers went into administration and the Champions League place was up for grabs.

None of them finished above Gers and none have invested in players since then to improve. Some teams will have the chance to challenge for second in the SPL and the Champions League spot but there is no way anyone will get near Neil Lennon's men for the title next season.

Hoops supporters have to brace themselves too. By the season's halfway point the championship race will be over.

I'm well aware they feel Rangers should be punished for their crimes but ask any Celtic fan to name their favourite game from the past. I'll bet almost every answer is an Old Firm win over Rangers.

I fear a lot of Celtic fans won't bother to buy a season ticket when the championship is a gimme.

They will be happy at winning the title but if they are halfway through the season and 25 points clear I can't see the stadium being full every week.

I'd punish Rangers by docking them 30 points to give them no chance of winning the title but keep them in the SPL. Gates would still be high and Celtic v Rangers would pack the place out.

The other clubs would still get their chance to finish second and it would be more acceptable.

Like I said, I reckon a walkover season for Celtic will leave their fans unfulfilled.

I could be wrong, though, and we can all hope for a challenger to emerge from the pack and make a fight of it.

Not that I think many people will tick this box, but this is very interersting.

Can't imagine Rangers fans being too chuffed with this

This IS insignificant because it implies that you can't change the voting system unless you say YES to Newco - which is obvious bollocks. If Newco Gers are not admitted then the SPL clubs can vote to change it themselves.

Michael Johnston is a toad.

And if Kilmarnock have been existing like this, it's time they faced up to facts.

Dundee have no overdraft and no debt, but look what we had to go through to get there.

So any other club that's been hiding behind overdrafts and debt, I've very little sympathy for you. The situation is exactly the same as ours, just that we were found out sooner.

Michael Johnston is a toad.

And if Kilmarnock have been existing like this, it's time they faced up to facts.

Dundee have no overdraft and no debt, but look what we had to go through to get there.

So any other club that's been hiding behind overdrafts and debt, I've very little sympathy for you. The situation is exactly the same as ours, just that we were found out sooner.

If we had gone into admin twice, then we'd probably be in a fantastic financial position. But we have so far chosen the honourable option.

From the Glasgow Rangers Loyal facebook page..........

Deborah Smith no feck englan how is the die hard getting there everyweek its all one for ones dont go to games or the ones down there its the pathetic thing. as take into account dues then spending money and prob hotel money as the busses might end up taking it for a 2 day trip or they need 2 driver and the bus money and then money get something to eat. use moan at cost the tickets just now go to england and the ticket are parkhead price up words."

Deborah Smith i never said they arent. we be best in div 3,2,1 were ever they want us to go ill still go week in week out to see them and theyll still me my 1st priority in life. you get fed up every year going same 10 teams and 1 different this will give us new challange and also let us (fans) visit more grounds and so on give me a different selection of tickets aswel. i said since start get us out the spl into div 3 when i was an option.

I know all the words appear to be in english but I'm not sure if they are in the right order. The surprising/unsurprising thing is, they understand her!!! blink.gif

Even over schooling, obviously.

What would teams like Kilmarnock do if the english leagues had welcomes the OF down south with open arms? Would they have begged them to stay?

We would have been happy in the knowledge that the SFA and UEFA would never have allowed it anyway.