Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Lest we forget

Is that Annie Miller's?

Used to be a great pub until the cockroaches moved in.

Edited by stonedsailor

Aberdeen Football Club has stated that the acceptance or otherwise of a 'NewCo' Rangers into the SPL is only one of a number of issues facing clubs in Scotland over the forthcoming period.

Pittodrie Chairman Stewart Milne commented, "As we indicated two weeks ago there are many matters that have to be resolved regarding Rangers. Traditionally we have preferred not to make public our voting intentions, but in light of the level of interest and the fact other clubs have chosen to show their hand, on this occasion I can confirm it is our intention to oppose readmission to the SPL for any Rangers NewCo. If readmission were to be refused, we believe the appropriate course of action would be for Rangers NewCo to apply for membership to the SFA and to submit an application for admission to the SFL.

"One of our major objectives has to be to work with everyone concerned to ensure that the commercial challenges that this case has and will continue to cause can be mitigated as far as they possibly can so that sporting integrity can be the overriding factor.

"Reorganisation of the game is a priority and is something we have been actively involved in for a long time, but it is not something that should be rushed through just to deal specifically with one club.

"As we have indicated there are a number of other areas that we feel need to be addressed openly in the coming period if Scottish football fans are to feel that their views have been properly taken into account."

I tried to back up these claims by Googling "Sevco 5088 FC vs Dumbarton FC". I couldn't find any historical fixtures between the two, I must be looking in the wrong place.

Try Club12 v Dumbarton FC.

It has been difficult to keep up today, but it's been entirely worth it. We will all remember this day for years to come. Surprised there hasn't been more player departures today though. I expect more in the next couple of days.

Anyone else expecting the back page of tomorrows tabloids to be a picture of a gravestone with RIP SPL on it?

Not sure about SPL, but there will definitely be a gravestone in the Daily Ranger.

Try Club12 v Dumbarton FC.

The 3rd Division been expanded to 12?

Royal Albert Vs Club 12 fits though and only 1 promotion away from reviving Rangers Vs Vale of Leven... although both as New Clubs.

Edited by Niall Wallace

How hilarious does this look 4 months later?

Integrity is name of our game

By jim Traynor on Mar 5, 12 07:30 AM in

The main currency, in fact the only currency any of us in the newspaper game should have in our moral banks must be integrity.

Without it we, as journalists, are of no use to anyone. We have no value. None at all.

Without integrity we fail our readers, our papers and our employers. But just as importantly we fail ourselves.

Integrity, honesty and the desire to call it out no matter the consequences is what defines us. Thankfully it's also what sets us apart, especially from all those 'brave' keyboard thumpers out there in the world of social networking sites and football forums.

They aren't governed by the laws which must be observed by newspapers like this one and are allowed to bash out the most insane, insulting, illogical and confused messages.

I shouldn't complain, though, because it all demonstrates their lack of intellect and common decency.

Which might explain why they prefer to hide behind anonymity or childish pseudonyms.

But sadly there are some high-profile football people using this gift as conduits for their own propaganda and if you've looked at some of these sites you'll know just how easy it is to influence and stir unrest.

There is certainly a lack of integrity in cyberspace but it's honesty that persuades the editors at the Daily Record and Sunday Mail to employ their journalists in the first place. It's why they trust us to make best use of the platforms given to us.

link

Given the outright lies, disinformation and pure fantasy peddled by the Retard in the last few months - I think we all know where the real lack of integrity is.

Paul Reid has just tweeted this

Paul Reid ‏@paulreid82

No wonder Rangers are in trouble. They paid £1 million for me and Dick Advocaat called me 'Peter' for the whole time he was manager!! #true

:lol: :lol:

(who the feck was Paul Reid?) :ph34r:

Not sure about SPL, but there will definitely be a gravestone in the Daily Ranger.

How many fucking funerals are they having in the tabloids? The Sun already buried them a couple of weeks back.

How many fucking funerals are they having in the tabloids? The Sun already buried them a couple of weeks back.

That was oldcorpse, this is for newcorpse

Anyone else expecting the back page of tomorrows tabloids to be a picture of a gravestone with RIP SPL on it?

If they were a bit more creative, they might take for example, Goya's The Third of May 1808 and each member of the firing squad could have a photoshopped head of an SPL chairman.

Would be completely lost on Retard readers, I suspect.

Yours,

Brian Sewell.

I am sure its already been said, but today's news makes the Motherwell fans vote a formality regardless of the clubs statement. Even if fans were concerned that their club would go into admin without the Newco, what is the point in voting them in when 5 others have already said no?

This vote is going to be 11-1 against in my opinion.