Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

yep, the clubs stance on things (based on Ritchie's statement) reads to me that we wont deal as it stands but if you make us a better offer.... <_<

poor stuff.

After the blackmail letter it would be almost impossible to do a deal now, but if, say, they offered 3 leagues of 14; 2 up and 2 down plus a 3rd v 12th play off place; fairer distribution of revenue and voting rights; a pyramid system only if the clubs involved wanted it; tight financial rules to prevent cheating as a route to success; summer football, the abolition of the SPL, and a yellow card amnesty in cups at the stage the top tier teams enter, then I might consider giving integrity a wee holiday.. oh, and one of those massive tellys for Westfield would be nice..rolleyes.gif

Edited by welshbairn

Jane Lewis on Twitter saying that Rangers still haven't provided SFA with documentation to support their application.

The Scottish Cup preliminary draw is on Tuesday - surely they need to know if "Rangers" will be involved so they know how many ties are required?

Proposed plan to re-organise Scottish football on the STV website.

Even if half of whats written is true I cannot believe that the SFA is going to rubber stamp this. This is nothing but a cop out. For months this situation has been allowed to drag on. What has been shown is that the leadership of the SFA / SPL governing bodies are incapable of fairness, thought or decisive action. All we hear is that it is a very complex problem and is not easy to sort out. Well gentlemen thats exactly what you get paid big salaries to do - sort out problems.

This has demonstrated that the leadership of the SFA / SPL governing bodies are spineless and have been promoted into jobs far above their capabilities.

We are the laughing stock of football.

The basic problem is simple :-

1.The Newco is a new club and should apply in the normal way for membership of the SFA and if approved should start in the 3rd division.

2. If Elgin City or Huntly wanted to join the SFA, thats exactly what they would have to do. They would not expect to join division 1.

ANY other scenerio indicates that the rules governing all other clubs in the SFA do NOT apply to one of the big Glasgow two. If that is the case there is no point in going on.

Secondary problem - The Financial Implications :-

3. With the loss of Rangers from the SPL there is a financial implication. Excluding the easy option of item 2 above, what other avenues have been explored by the SFA / SPL governing bodies to mitigate this loss?

4. The proposed parachuting of Sevco into the first division is an insult, and a disgrace to the hardworking and rule abiding clubs from the SFL. The current plan is for them to be financially bribed to allow Sevco into the first division. If that doesn't work the SPL are bullying them to accept or they will be excluded from a proposed new SPL 2.

5. I sincerely hope that the SFL tell the SFA / SPL to take a hike. They have never shown any interest in the status or welfare of the lower division clubs. Now that they are in trouble they are turning to the SFL with a combination of bribery and bullying tactics to achieve what they want. Not a good combination for trying to obtaining a result. The SFA did not show any interest when Livingston were relegated for merely going into administration, so why are they inventing rules "on the hoof" to accommodate Rangers / Sevco who just about broke every rule in the book?

When Rangers (and Celtic) made serious noises over the years about quitting Scotland for the English leagues, they were not in the slightest bit interested in the financial state of Scottish football they would leave behind. So why are we bothered about Sevco. Surely we would be in the same position now as then.

To the suits of the SFA grasp the moment and develop some backbone. This is a one off chance to sort out and cleanse Scottish football once and for all.

Get on with it. Bite the bullet, take the pain (and there will be pain) and get re-organised into a fairer league set up with equal voting rights for all. One governing body to run it , with play offs and a fairer distribution of money. Never again must we be in a position where two clubs call the shots in Scottish football.

Absolutely, clubs are in trouble either way. But surely they'd rather be in trouble and have their supporters behind them to galvanise and raise money if needed. The alternative is that they are relying on other clubs and commercial partners, with a reduced and less sympathetic fan base.

Clubs don't seem to realise that even if they get back to the SPL, the new Rangers won't be anything like the old Rangers. They're already splitting into factions and the infighting will continue. Their fanbase is almost certain to be lower, and they may boycott clubs.

Too sensible, you obviously don't own a blazer.

You could feel football fans coming together when the SPL clubs were firing in their no intentions, nobody wants to walk away from their team.

gordon smith on ssn spouting keek

talking about how the rangurs would be a great addition to the first division.

ffs when will these idiots realise you cant just waltz a new team into div 1.

bunch of apologist arseholes i've had enough :(

someone suggest another glasgow/west scotland team for me to take my boy to go watch :(

someone suggest another glasgow/west scotland team for me to take my boy to go watch :(

Well fook me never thought i;d say this but well done dunfermline, all scottish clubs need to stick together here. the old firm are constantly touting the line that scottish football needs them but who are they going to play every week without us? not even the confrence would accept them and there baggage!

Rangers fans have been giving it the "clubs will die without us" since when did ither half of the OF give one f**k about the rest of us.

give it a rest i'll take my chances thank you very much!

Jane Lewis on Twitter saying that Rangers still haven't provided SFA with documentation to support their application.

The Scottish Cup preliminary draw is on Tuesday - surely they need to know if "Rangers" will be involved so they know how many ties are required?

No sign of the League Cup draw yet, held on 2nd June last year..

My link

The current deal has 2 years to go.

But without Rangers+Celtic participating the terms can be renegotiated.

Can Scottish football not show it's own games?

In theory, yes, but in practical terms it's been looked at (at least) twice - including last year - and it seems clubs felt that sticking with an established broadcaster was the better way to go. Obviously you have to do everything yourself going it alone whereas an established broadcaster incorporates it into their broader operations.

SPLTV is a possibility going forward, but it's a gamble. (And it's certainly not an option in the short term).

Good spot! But my point remains, we would not lose ALL the £16m.

Assuming the £16M is based on UK TV deal falling from £16M to £0M and nothing else falling at all.

One presumes it may be an aggregated figure of all losses... TV, sponsorship, gates, etc. ... of which TV deal is £XM.

Partick and St Mirren aren't too far way.

You might have to read this twice -

With that kind of attitude, you and your boy would be made most welcome at ANY other club.

At this rate probably a junior side, least they're not affected by all this bollocks

All this guff about an SPL2 is for one thing only and is probably linked to getting the newco back into the SPL ASAP.

What pays the wages for them erseholes in the SFA ? The SKY money and sponsors just about pays for them fannies sitting in board rooms with their high priced jobs.IMO they are running around like headless chickens to protect their wage structure as it is.If the SKY money is reduced then these fannies will have to take a huge pay cut.The advertising is also linked to the SKY deal which also brings in money for them dickheads to sit there kidding on they are doing what's best for the game.Lying fuckwits that they are.

Make no mistake they are only pushing for the newco be get into the SPL so they can keep their pay packets as they are with bonuses.And what's their bonuses made of ? how much money comes into the game through sponsors ?.Clubs have already started to prepare for the worst as I have seen St Mirren are not signing any new players this season on the BBC website.

No-one in the SFA has came up with any alternative plan if all the other clubs decide that enough is enough and fcuk the newco any every way possible.More and more fans each day are getting soooo pissed off with the SFA at the moment.There has not been one mention off tightening budgets in the SPL for 3 or 4 years till them tax dodging B*stards if they return through the leagues from division 3.If after 3 or 4 years they return then SKY cranks up the TV money then SPL clubs would see this as a bonus for the sake of sporting integrity,and the more even distribution of the TV revenue would mean clubs could compete with the newco for a season or two until if they reach a top 6 place.

It's all a scam for people at the top to keep their wage structures and bonuses.Clubs will survive for a few seasons without the newco even if they have a reduced wage structure.Less money would probably mean not bringing in over priced average or shitty foreign players,this would only benefit one thing ! the youth squads and all the money clubs have invested in their youth academy's.Why not give our youth a chance to shine through these dark days ahead if the newco should be placed in the 3rd division.The English leagues are flooded with our talent that came through our clubs training facilities and not only that they would gladly play for more than a few seasons on much lower wages.

Where this is darkness you must look for light in many places and not just the light money apparently gives as there is corruption where money is involved.

Unless they add in a second guaranteed promotion place up to the SPL, how the f*** can it be?!

Also, will this be the same kind of SPL2 which they were talking about previously - the one where there would be minimum seating criteria which it would be daft for clubs like Brechin to implement? Even recently promoted Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton wouldn't meet the originally proposed criteria. Are they going to make them put a noose around their necks by building a stadium which would take half the town to fill unless they volunteer to drop a league as well???

Edited by Hedgecutter

But without Rangers+Celtic participating the terms can be renegotiated.

Proof?

In theory, yes, but in practical terms it's been looked at (at least) twice - including last year - and it seems clubs felt that sticking with an established broadcaster was the better way to go. Obviously you have to do everything yourself going it alone whereas an established broadcaster incorporates it into their broader operations.

SPLTV is a possibility going forward, but it's a gamble. (And it's certainly not an option in the short term).

They weren't in meltdown when they considered it, life's a gamble, if it fails our game will be worse, if it succeeds we can make footballing decisions for the better of our football.

Assuming the £16M is based on UK TV deal falling from £16M to £0M and nothing else falling at all.

One presumes it may be an aggregated figure of all losses... TV, sponsorship, gates, etc. ... of which TV deal is £XM.

It's just pie in the sky 'til they breakdown the figure.

Well done Dunfermline with your statement.

Now I simply must plead with the P&B online community to go easy on me, cut me a bit of slack, and allow me to do this one more time.....

....here it comes....

....ladies and gennnelmenn....

...give it up for.....

post-11339-0-69677900-1340983433_thumb.j