Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1341065528[/url]' post='6388587']

I don't KNOW the answer but I'd guess it's do do with the "Home Countries" all being separate entities in FIFA.

Maybe it's a new rule?

You need international clearance to transfer from one FA to another. It's the same for players transferring in and out of Swansea and Cardiff despite being in the same league as the team they came from/ went to.

D&P should be put out of business.

Why? They've killed Rangers football club as we know it, and have handed over their assets on the cheap to a disinterested Yorkshireman who looks like he'll bleed them dry sooner than hand the assets to Sevco 5088 FC.

D&P have been the (perhaps unwitting) executioners all along. But given Whyte's holding charge stands - and D&P were his choice - then it seems they were complicit all along. So long as the club is dead and the new one strangled at birth, I couldn't really care less whether Whyte makes a profit.

Edited by vikingTON

As focus shifts on a daily basis from one thing to another, it's understandable that vital elements of this saga are temporarily forgotten. We, on this forum are pressing hard for justice to be done, with Sevco being forced to apply to the third division and meanwhile, waiting in the background, are the important issues of the Appellate Tribunal decision and the investigation into double contracts.

Without punishment from the tribunal and for the EBT double contracts being considered, the correct decision, in accordance with the rules, is that Sevco apply for their place in the third division and this is considered along with any other applications. Should Sevco come through the application process successfully, they will then have the same status as any other third division team.

So, what sanctions can the authorities then take against Sevco for the two offences mentioned above ?

It seems to me that the only way for Sevco to continue in scottish football is for the rules to be disregarded or the punishments to be merely tokenistic. Frankly, that would be wrong. The offences are so severe that, if justice is done, Sevco should not be a part of scottish football.

It will be interesting to see what happens next. For me, and I suspect the vast majority of fans, the rules should be applied without fear or favour in the knowledge that the financial implications for some clubs will be hard to endure. The alternative would be to bypass sporting integrity in the interests of Sevco, the other mismanaged clubs and a self-interested media to restore the now former regime.

A full and thorough evaluation of scottish football will be required to restore a modicum of respect to our game. The authorities know it, the clubs know it and we, the fans, know it. With the way things have gone up to this point I have no confidence in fairness being applied and if I'm right many of us will be lost to the game.

The use of the word 'crisis' is not hyperbole. The upcoming days and weeks will make or break our national sport and I sincerely hope the influencers are aware of that.

Out of greenies, someone give him a greenie. I agree.

Edited by GunnerBairn

This is down to be the best Sportsound ever. No Traynor/No Young.

Print 'journalists' and others in the papers today still pushing the 'Rangers (whoever they are) will be playing in Division 1 next season' line. Spencey telling it like it is, Divison 3 at best.

Wonder if the likes of McCoist and Jardine are now regretting the bully boy stance, or are they just too fucking stupid to get it.

Edited by Granny Danger

I got very fed up with that tit Alexander - who was irritating enough to be an MP even if he wasn't.

First sticking up for Cockwomble - Just a decent guy trying his best apparently!

Then going on about Rangers punishment. FFS is it really that hard to get into their skulls?

In simple sentences then (yet again I know);

Rangers were punished by a ten point penalty for going into admin as per the rule book.

Rangers then went bust and are in the process of being wound up, liquidated, extinguished, rubbed oot

A new company is being formed.

If that new company wants to have a football team to play at Ibrox, fine.

If that company wants to have players in blue jerseys, fine.

If that company wants to have the word Rangers in their title, annoying, but fine

But that company needs to find a league to play in.

They need to apply to the SFL (at the highest...even that application would involve expediency and hasty rewriting of rules)

There is no rule in the SFL that allows for them to jump into SFL 1. None. Clyde have made that even clearer with their excellently worded release

So they need to start again from the beginning, whatever they are called, whoever play for them, wherever they play

That is not punishment, that is PROCESS.

And to be fair, even Rangers fans seem to be overwhelmingly understanding this.

Just fuckit journalists who cannot compute!

succinct and correct - you've no chance of a journalism career in Scotland :P:lol:

That is not punishment, that is PROCESS.

And to be fair, even Rangers fans seem to be overwhelmingly understanding this.

Just fuckit journalists who cannot compute!

I have a question which no doubt has been answered but it's too difficult to search.

Did Rangers actually PAY any of their fines?

If not, then the ONLY punishment has been the points deduction.

Hi Ladies and gents - looking for members for a new facebook group to have our voice heard about the current fiasco that threatens to cripple Scottish football. Its not a petition but just an outlet to voice your opinion - post links etc. I am looking to encourage as many fan groups as possible to take some form of action whether it be emailing your Chairman or telling your friends. Everyone is welcome and look forward to your input. I hope to have links to all the main stories as well. Cheers :-)

Thanks for all the support so far - a great response!

Hi Ladies and gents - looking for members for a new facebook group to have our voice heard about the current fiasco that threatens to cripple Scottish football. Its not a petition but just an outlet to voice your opinion - post links etc. I am looking to encourage as many fan groups as possible to take some form of action whether it be emailing your Chairman or telling your friends. Everyone is welcome and look forward to your input. I hope to have links to all the main stories as well. Cheers :-)

http://www.facebook....tif_t=group_r2j

Everyone welcome to join

I'm jealous as fook of Raith Rovers fans having a Chairman the likes of Turnbull Hutton. What a pleasure listening to him compared to the cuntweasel Micheal Johnston

Edited for shitty spelling

Hmmm, I think you spelled cuntweasel correctly.

Gordon Waddell saying we're in the shit with only 4 weeks to go. This goes back, again, to Haudit and Daudit (remember them) dragging this out. They should have dumped half the palying staff on 14th Feb and then CVA or liquidation at the split, allowing RFC time to reorganise.

And, God bless 'em, HMRC allowed them to do it when they could have pulled the plug :D. This has really screwed oldcorpse. Great! It meant they got 2nd in the SPL, but killed them outright.

1341057972[/url]' post='6388274']

I know what you mean, but at the same time there wouldn't be any crowd at all if it weren't for the opposition team, no matter how few fans they bring.

Exactly. No one is suggesting that the expenses involved in staging the match should not be deducted by the hosts. However the profits from a football match between TWO teams should be divided between them.