Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Our shareholders meeting has not long finished - initial tweets and talk on B&W Army website are already pretty incendiary stuff. No doubt someone who was there will get home and post directly on here.

Due to no wifi and piss poor data allowance, I've missed a weekends worth of this epic thread. Last visit - page 2326. Tonight - we're on page 2434!

I was around to read the ransom note penned by Doncaster, and have read the stupendous statement from Clyde - have I missed much else? What's with the talk of SPL tv? I gather that SFL clubs are meeting tomorrow, but not for a vote.

Edited by mozam76

I watched the play off final between dumbarton and airdrie, and the format they had was very well thought out indeed, im sure they had interviews with players/managers as the teams were coming off for half time, it was very refreshing to watch biggrin.gif

I've watched quite a few games On BBC Alba and not having a clue what the commentator is saying makes for nice, easy on the ears listening :-) actually it was great, very good coverage.

Their coverage of the junior cup final was excellent IMO.

These in bold were shown by BBC ALBA which appeals to only a minority who can understand gaelic

I see... our complaint is we're being hard done by, due to overly English-centric football coverage, but on the otherhand it's bad that some Scottish football coverage is provided in the Gaelic language?

dry.gif

Hearts and Ogilvie in the same sentence ? EBT's at Tynecastle ? Uh. oh..................

Guess is that Ogilvie - Hearts, Findlay - Cowdenbeath and Ballantyne - Airdrie held positions in those clubs whilst being Rangers shareholders.....conflict of interests. Just a guess though, allegedly etc etc etc.................

That's not the point I'm makes.

Take the example of the BBC's national radio stations (Radio 1, 2, 5Live etc.), all are national and therefore rightly paid for by everyone but all the thousands of jobs that are supported by them are based around London. Same goes for the majority of national TV shows. Surely they could spread it about a bit so all areas of the country benefit from the BBCs policy of making British-funded shows in Britain because just now at disproportionate amount of them are made in England.

It's petty but at the end of the day it's all of us who are getting shafted by it.

Just to be a pedantic John McVeigh is a tit, I think a lot of BBC has gone up to Salford now.

Edited as Jim Leighton got there before me.

Edited by Gogs Grog

Their coverage of the junior cup final was excellent IMO.

VERY POORLY PROMOTED on the part of the beeb!!

I caught the second half purely by chance,(bbchd is 187, alba is 188, on virgin)

coverage was quite good, but why the feck did they not advertise the fact it was on? cant recall seeing any promotional ads for alba or the match on BBCscotlandunsure.gif

What is he going to do once he sees these documents? Surely they say Sevco Scotland owns them...

It was suggested the dodgy blokes that tried to buy QotS and St Mirren could be behind Broon.

P.S. Bomber's daughter

not nice

VERY POORLY PROMOTED on the part of the beeb!!

I caught the second half purely by chance,(bbchd is 187, alba is 188, on virgin)

coverage was quite good, but why the feck did they not advertise the fact it was on? cant recall seeing any promotional ads for alba or the match on BBCscotlandunsure.gif

well i would asume they look at viewing figures and decided the same folk watching the playoff final were those who would watch the juniors because they had a lengthy preview of it at half time

After my famous victory in this year's first ever P&B's Got Talent competition, I will be recording, and posting on this thread, one of my trademark raps next week. It will focus on the whole Ranger/Sevco FC situation and raise this thread to a whole new level.

With regard to AFC, DST has been heartened to note the recent positivity and goodwill emanating from supporters toward the club as such feelings have been missing in recent years. Whilst we respect the opinions of all supporters, and acknowledge that some AFC fans may cease attending matches were Newco to be seen to have been unfairly parachuted into Division 1, DST’s view is that it would be subsequently unfair to punish our club, for the actions of other clubs.

I liked the communication apart from this paragraph. I think it is missing the point a little bit.

Granted it would have a detrimental effect on the club, but I don't think it would be a case of punishing the club you support if you never went to another match if Newco went straight into Div 1. It would be recognition that no matter what happens, some clubs are competing to different rules than other clubs. Therefore what is the point in spending all your hard earned cash in watching something where you are not sure if the outcome will not be changed at a later date.

As I have posted on OTB, I couldn't wait to see County in the SPL. Couldn't wait to buy my new top, take in the revamped ground and take in the first fixture It has been a roller-coaster ride getting there from the Highland League to SPL. But the proposal for Newco to just bypass half the route and go straight into Div 1 is a total nonsense. If they are good enough, they will get promoted on their own merit. If they get parachuted into Div 1, I will not be back to another senior football match in Scotland.

The impression I get is that the SPL and SFL clubs are getting threatened or bribed. Should they not now take the initiative and the goodwill of the majority of fans and all 40 of them come together and say, if Newco go into Div 1 or an SPL 2, then all 40 of us are quitting and forming our own league?

yeah, would agree to that , it was fun trying to work out what the gael for corner kick or penalty is laugh.gif

If it weren't so brutally non-PC it would be great to have some sort of send-up of Gaelic TV, Chanel 9-style, including the smattering of phrases that we all picked up from Dotaman, Postman Pat and that current affairs thing that used to be on BBC2 at half eleven.