Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I would suggest that what our board are is this - caught in the middle of a shitstorm that isn't their fault, genuinely not knowing what to do, because whatever they do, or whatever the rest of Scottish football decides to do... to one degree or another, we're fcuked.

However... the issue is clearly clouded in our case, because despite all the undoubted good that our chairman and BOD have done, the fact remains that him and four others bandied together to ring-fence their 52% majority shareholding, freezing out the remaining 48%. This included some significant minority shareholders. The club sale was tantalisingly close for the 5 members of the selling consortium... their 1.2 - 1.5 million was almost within touching distance....Then the buns went tits-up.

Now, how much the buns going tits-up and shafting them of getting their mitts on the money is influencing their current actions is up for debate. I'm not coming down on one side of that debate or the other. I can ask the question tonight at 5.30pm and fully intend to do so.

There is most certainly an element of self-interest in the position of the majority of the St Mirren BoD. To think otherwise would be laughably naive.

No surprise there, but it somewhat detracts from their vocal pronouncements that anything they decide, and any action they take, will be in the interests of the club.

IMHO.

He certainly doesn't have a clue about humility with this quote.

If they are really looking at playing in Europe they would stay at Rangers and play because the reality is that, before Norwich play in Europe, Rangers will be back in Europe.

Laughable comment from Green. Shamrock Rovers will be in Europe before Norwich City but any footballer given the choice of the two would head to the EPL every time.

With the exception of Vladimir Romanov, Turnbull Hutton is probably the chairman whose stance has impressed me most during the past few weeks.

If St. Johnstone vote to keep the Newco in the SPL, or if Steve Brown has played any part whatsoever in the blackmailing of SFL clubs, I may head along to a few Raith matches next season.

James Cook@BBCJamesCookTurnbull Hutton of Raith Rovers says they've been lied to, threatened and bullied over #Rangers. Says the game is corrupt. #RFC

Put Hutton in charge!!

I will be buying a Raith Rovers season ticket this afternoon on a point of principle and a token of financial support to good people trying to the right thing.

I will be buying a Raith Rovers season ticket this afternoon on a point of principle and a token of financial support to good people trying to the right thing.

I will be going to watch our friendly against you,not to support United, but to show my appreciation of a colossus of a chairmanbiggrin.gif

Someone asked earlier what I'd be doing with season ticket money.

It will be sent to Raith Rovers Football club.

With the exception of Vladimir Romanov, Turnbull Hutton is probably the chairman whose stance has impressed me most during the past few weeks.

If St. Johnstone vote to keep the Newco in the SPL, or if Steve Brown has played any part whatsoever in the blackmailing of SFL clubs, I may head along to a few Raith matches next season.

wub.gif Legends, the lot of you. Turnbull is saying what ever football fan is thinking. I'm just delighted that he is a member of our board and is willing to stand up for the beliefs of both our fans and our club. What a guy!

The question some of the SPL Chairmen must be wondering is

(1) How serious are fans about not renewing season tickets ?

(2) If they buy season tickets will they just boycott the Rangers games ?

(3) After the initial uproar and shouting from fans, will they just continue going to games as per normal

The overwhelming majority of posters on here are anti Newco but have any of you come across any supporters in your clubs who would take Rangers back into the SPL ?

Has anyone got information from the 11 SPL clubs as to where season ticket sales are in comparison to last year and expected sales targets.

Football is a business unfortunately and "sporting integrity" for now is a handy negotiating tool. Although if the clubs had been thinking of backtracking they probably would not of announced their original voting intentions unless of course fans bought into the idea that Rangers were gone from the SPL and proceeded to buy season tickets.

We are all Turnbull Hutton. 8)

It would be a right wounder if he tells us later "actually the points made by both Mr Doncaster and Mr Regan were eloquently put and very persuasive, therefore I have changed my mind and agreed Rangers be readmitted with all charges dropped'.

How can we get through to the Record without having a Facebook account? Anybody tried to point out to them their pro-Rangers stance will cost them a lot of readers?

Just don't buy it, their circulation is in nosedive anyway.

Fair enough, anyway point was I hadn't seen it discussed anywhere previously, and it's of considerable importance.

The Scottish Premier League Limited would be re-named The Scottish Professional Football League Limited (“SPFL”) and would comprise 4 divisions.

It says:

The Scottish Premier League Limited would be re-named The Scottish Professional Football League Limited (“SPFL”) and would comprise 4 divisions.

and

The 30 clubs joining from the SFL and comprising divisions 2, 3 and 4 (perhaps to be called the “Scottish Championship”, “Scottish League One” and “Scottish League Two”)

I was referring to its inequity. Hardly an attractive proposition to SFL clubs.

Do you think if that structure existed today, the likelihood of Rangers playing in the "Scottish Championship" next season would be much greater?

Turnull Hutton is emerging from this as one of the few 'football people' left with any integrity and decency.

As I posted a while back, my uncle played for RR in the 1940s, so there is a wee link there.

If this newco debacle plays out as I suspect it will, I'll be cancelling my 10000Hours CiC membership, and sending a year's worth of DD payments to Raith Rovers for youth development or some such.

I'm not trying to jump on a bandwagon here, BTW. Integrity against all the odds should be recognised, and this would be a small way to get a very symbolic message across.