Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Turnull Hutton is emerging from this as one of the few 'football people' left with any integrity and decency.

As I posted a while back, my uncle played for RR in the 1940s, so there is a wee link there.

If this newco debacle plays out as I suspect it will, I'll be cancelling my 10000Hours CiC membership, and sending a year's worth of DD payments to Raith Rovers for youth development or some such.

I'm not trying to jump on a bandwagon here, BTW. Integrity against all the odds should be recognised, and this would be a small way to get a very symbolic message across.

Is he? He's been the most outspoken about it, but with the sole exception of the Kilmarnock bloke, everyone is leaning to a greater or lesser degree in the same direction.

Chicks view from 2002

"When they conduct the post-mortem on the death of the once-beautiful game in this country, there will be only one verdict: suicide.

The killing of Scottish football will be self-inflicted. But it won't have fallen on a sword or swallowed an overdose.

This is death by financial strangulation - and it put the noose around its own neck.

What have we done to the old man? For 100 years, he strode along fit and healthy and financially stable, but now he is all but battered into submission, ready to give up the ghost and I don't know whether to be angry or sad....

But I have a problem with clubs who can eject their debt by going into administration and then resume normal service in the same division while former employees - and not just players - are left drowning in a sea of debt. It is morally wrong. "

My, my Mr Young. How one's opinion changes over time..

John McVeigh is a tit

All the claims today from SFL chairmen about Newco only being accepted at SFL3 level will only heighten the likliehood of SPL chairmen bottling it tomorrow. Keep shtum, let them (SPL) vote against Newco and then SFL chairmen can do the right thing and only accept any new application at lower tier.

Is he? He's been the most outspoken about it, but with the sole exception of the Kilmarnock bloke, everyone is leaning to a greater or lesser degree in the same direction.

2551183415.jpg

What's that you say Peter? Sorry, I didn't catch it... Can you speak up a bit?

Edited by fozzie

I've been away in Belgium the past week and haven't been able to access my internet so I'm probably a fair bit behind with developments. And since this topic seems to be where I can learn the most I was wondering if anyone could give me some kind of brief recap of what's happened since last Tuesday?

Let's see how it plays out before drawing any conclusions. I suspect this has a way to run, yet, and we'll get a few surprises (some less striking than others) along the way.

Hutton is saying things that others will shrink away from. They might think it, but would they make public statements to that effect? For that alone, he is due great credit, IMO.

Chicks view from 2002

"When they conduct the post-mortem on the death of the once-beautiful game in this country, there will be only one verdict: suicide.

The killing of Scottish football will be self-inflicted. But it won't have fallen on a sword or swallowed an overdose.

This is death by financial strangulation - and it put the noose around its own neck.

What have we done to the old man? For 100 years, he strode along fit and healthy and financially stable, but now he is all but battered into submission, ready to give up the ghost and I don't know whether to be angry or sad....

But I have a problem with clubs who can eject their debt by going into administration and then resume normal service in the same division while former employees - and not just players - are left drowning in a sea of debt. It is morally wrong. "

My, my Mr Young. How one's opinion changes over time..

John McVeigh is a tit

Good to see craig burley being a victim of administration there. arsehole that he is. :D

The committee of Stranraer FC met this evening to discuss the papers recently received in advance of the SFL clubs meeting. The papers indicate a number of proposals and scenarios to deal with the potential vacancy that would occur if the expulsion of an SPL club occurs this week.

The committee unanimously agreed that the proposals are produced in haste and are unconvinced about the justification for departing from the rules and standards that the SFL represent. As a club recently faced with possible extinction and fighting our way back from financial difficulties we fully understand the position that a club could find themselves placed in and as a supporters run club, fully understand the passions of the supporters of clubs affected by such an event.

We are not convinced at the emotive language currently being aired to describe the potential ramifications to our game should a NewCo not be given special case treatment and consider that the benefits that could be negotiated do not counter balance the damage that would be done to the credibility of the SFL as a governing body.

We hold the stance that it is our place to act in the best long term interests of Stranraer FC and for Scottish Football as a whole and see no reason to breach the integrity of the SFL by filling a vacancy at any level other than at the lowest tier. The possibility of placing a NewCo at any other level breaches the sporting competition of our organisation and compromises the very structure of our game. There should not be a special case made for any club and we believe that the proper place for a phoenix club to restart life is at the lowest level. We believe it is right and proper than any club should have the right to apply for the resulting vacancy and we would then form a view on which club we would support for election to any vacancy based on the presentation case made by the applicants.

Irrespective of the size, stature, history and resources of the club filling the vacancy, the opportunity exists for that club to find their way back to their natural tier in the league structure in a fair and equitable manner while being encouraged to trade and exist successfully within the means at their disposal.

Restructuring of the league set-up and governing bodies is complex and difficult with many differing views and interests across the clubs in the spectrum. The current proposal has been compiled as a reaction to the unique and unexpected circumstances we are faced with and while there are clearly a number of ingredients that have great merit, this is too great an issue to be dealt with in this seemingly indecent haste.

Stranraer FC support the opening of a vacancy in the lowest tier given the options available at present and remain open to the continuing challenge of working towards a better future for all involved in Scottish Football.

Stranraer's a no then.:)

Seems they remember 1965.

Aye, well it's not as long ago as 1690.

The question some of the SPL Chairmen must be wondering is

(1) How serious are fans about not renewing season tickets ?

(2) If they buy season tickets will they just boycott the Rangers games ?

(3) After the initial uproar and shouting from fans, will they just continue going to games as per normal

The overwhelming majority of posters on here are anti Newco but have any of you come across any supporters in your clubs who would take Rangers back into the SPL ?

Has anyone got information from the 11 SPL clubs as to where season ticket sales are in comparison to last year and expected sales targets.

Football is a business unfortunately and "sporting integrity" for now is a handy negotiating tool. Although if the clubs had been thinking of backtracking they probably would not of announced their original voting intentions unless of course fans bought into the idea that Rangers were gone from the SPL and proceeded to buy season tickets.

Only figures released was from Dundee Utd and they only sold 2400 and by the sounds of it Dundee Utd chairmen was worried as so many had written about boycotting them if Newco got back in. As soon as they announced they had a no vote against rangers that weekend they sold over 500 season tickets, not sure what they sold after that.

I bought a season ticket after Aberdeen announced they was going to vote no, and thats paying extra as I missed the early bird ticket price and I also bought the most expensive package with the Black and Gold membership (Red TV and Aberdeen top). Now I wished I had waited as if they do let Rangers into 1st Division then thats me walking away from the game i love.

Edited by betting competition

Raith Rovers Appreciation

Below are the forthcoming fixtures for Raith Rovers FC. Wouldnt it be a great idea to turn up in good numbers to support them in these fixtures? Similarly, all the clubs that have stood shoulder-to-shoulder in the fight for integrity!

DateOppositionLocationCompetitionicon_home.pngTue 10th July

7:45PMRoss CountyStark's ParkFriendlyicon_home.pngSat 14th July

3:00PMHeartsStark's ParkTestimonialicon_home.pngTue 17th July

7:45PMMotherwellStark's ParkFriendlyicon_home.pngSat 21st July

3:00PMDundee UnitedStark's ParkFriendlyicon_away.pngTue 24th July

7:45PMAlloa AthleticRecreation ParkFriendly

I've been away in Belgium the past week and haven't been able to access my internet so I'm probably a fair bit behind with developments. And since this topic seems to be where I can learn the most I was wondering if anyone could give me some kind of brief recap of what's happened since last Tuesday?

John Bomber Brown slapped in a bid - then made a speech which was very good. Convincing stuff.a bloke wearing the Rangers crest was announced the new owner by Bomber.

So the old Rangers can commit a load of crimes "one step away from match fixing"

and the new company set up from its ashes can electioneer outlining a list of punishments THEY have suggested?

and everyones panicing because of Sky money, which bodes a question again, even if Rangers do end up in the SPL, and get relegated or suffer diminished crowds does that mean they would not be relegated if they were in a relegation position at the end of the season?

If the go in the SPL does that mean that theres still going to be this "season ticket boycott" or will they go and buy them in their droves again?

Only in Scotland eh?

A die hard fan of Scottish Football, willing to roll up his sleeves, fight and solve the problem no matters the obstacles ..

Troll. 100%

The question asked was "what will you spend your season ticket money on of the vote goes against te majority's wishes..."

What you expecting Poz to say? That he will continue to fight against a corrupt system, after said corrupt system has shafted us, for once and for all?

Dhenbhoy, you're really goin out your way to come across as a c**t on this forum. I'm actually sittin here with a Beamer on your behalf.

John Bomber Brown slapped in a bid - then made a speech which was very good. Convincing stuff.a bloke wearing the Rangers crest was announced the new owner by Bomber.

Traynor's turned up the propaganda to hilarious levels.

Rangers have had all their cars taken away

Chick's vanished from earth (apart from a brief glimpse of him being stuck on a train).

What else ?