Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think people should take a step back and wait until the situation has played itself out. All of this Sevco in the first division has been nothing other than spectulation with no real hard fact to back this up. I do empathize with fans being disillusioned even if they get the justified punt to the third because it been a shambles in terms of how this situation has been handled. A lot of us (and I include myself here) were raging at the thought of Rangers being kept in the SPL at the last minute with the delayed tactic and that all worked out for the best. I am reasonably confident that this decision will work itself in the same and correct manner.

I agree with the last bit however:

Serious point - can't see what harm it does for people to continue to bombard their own clubs and the footballing authorities with their e-mails and letters.

Less serious point - I have the choice between posting on here about 20 times a day or working harder; it's a no-brainer

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/ Stewart Regan set to ban Rangers is today's rant

"Therefore, it is logical to conclude that if the SFL clubs snub that parachute proposal and vote to admit Rangers to the SFL at the lowest level, the Third Division, Regan will attempt to push the nuclear button and refuse the Rangers application to rejoin the Scottish Football Association."

Leggo has clearly never studied logic...

Can anyone else think of a reason why Dundee or Dunfermline weren't put into the SPL as soon as Newco were rejected other than to keep the vacancy free for Newco should the SFL reject them?

I can't.

I can. They were either waiting to see which of the two clubs proved themselves most pliant. Or at least, by leaving that possibility hanging in the air they were hoping to have some influence on a couple of the votes in what may be a very close-run thing.

I have a bit of an issue with the suggestion that the SPL clubs have passed the buck in this situation.

Had Newco decided not to apply for the share transfer, the SFL would still have had a decision to make. And let's be honest, any SFL chairman who didn't think they would have some sort of say in this must believe everything he reads in the Record.

By the middle of last week it seemed fairly likely that there wouldn't be enough support for the 'compromise' and nothing that's happened in the last 5-6 days seems to have changed that. It seems far-fetched to think 16+ clubs are going to back it now.

Quicker they resolve who enters SFL3, and the quicker the club and sponsor financial situaiton starts getting dealt with, the better.

Jealous? Oh...my...god...when will you lot get it? No-one is jealous, you're generally despised, were long before this, no-one aspires to be like you, no-one wishes to be you.

Yes, you read it right - he really did say we were jealous of Rangers.

Now obviously, nobody's jealous of Rangers right now, but the idea that we ever were is laughable.

If I'd wanted to be a Rangers fan when they were winning everything, guess what I'd have done? That's right - become a Rangers fan.

I didn't.

I agree with the last bit however:

Serious point - can't see what harm it does for people to continue to bombard their own clubs and the footballing authorities with their e-mails and letters.

Less serious point - I have the choice between posting on here about 20 times a day or working harder; it's a no-brainer

None at all, and commend the fans that have taken the time to do as such. I believe it was more thinking that we were going to get shafted at the last minute, before it worked out in right manner.

I couldn't agree more, it scares me how much more often I post at work than I do at home :ph34r:

Young Reportedly in BBC Pay Cut Talks

The BBC Scotland football reporter and pundit, Chick Young, is reportedly in talks about taking a pay cut.

Reports the Daily Record today: "It is understood the football pundit has been offered a drastically reduced salary for his TV, radio and online work as managers look to cut costs."

The article quotes Young, as saying: "There are cuts across the BBC and they are hardly going to give me more money when they are giving people less."

£6 an hour ???? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I have a bit of an issue with the suggestion that the SPL clubs have passed the buck in this situation.

Had Newco decided not to apply for the share transfer, the SFL would still have had a decision to make. And let's be honest, any SFL chairman who didn't think they would have some sort of say in this must believe everything he reads in the Record.

It's not the mere fact of the SFL having to take a vote - it's the fact that the SPL, having been unable to vote for Newco, are now heavily pressurising the SFL into bailing them out by taking the decision that they were unable to.

(Or at least, the SPL's Chief Executive is applying such pressure. If he's gone off-piste and is acting without the authority of his member clubs then I'd have expected to have heard some of those clubs having something to say about it by now.)

Well, they kind of have and they kind of haven't passed the buck on football's Mr Creosote.

mr-creosote.jpg

Teams that leave the SPL invariably wind up in the SFL, that is the case. However, the SPL clubs were invited, mindful of commercial pressures and the anger of fans, to vote on keeping Mr Creosote FC in the 'top flight' (there's a phrase that has lost any meaning) should they wish. They didn't, so in a manner of speaking they dumped the overfed, overindulged corpus onto the SFL to deal with. Like the rider with the pale horse in the Hilly Bibble, Stewart Regan tagged along 'to take care of things' ... and hell followed with him.

Edited by Dr Koop

Because its 60k every year not 60k for one year.Its the old quandry I can give you 150,000 now or 60k for the next 10 years.Choose now!!. This is why its not straight forward for these clubs given the threat of the settlement withdrawal.

It's a contractual arrangement, which the SPL are bound to honour.

If the SPL were to refuse to honour their contractual obligations. then the SFL could, quite rightly, take them to court, and if necessary, have the SPL liquidated in the end if they refused to pay up.

Tommos latest tweet

alex thomson ‏@alextomo

Having seen STV list I can say it is definitely 14 - 3 pro D3. At least one of the 'undecideds' is 100% opposed to D1.

"There may be trouble ahead ..."

All of this Sevco in the first division has been nothing other than spectulation with no real hard fact to back this up.

Except for an affidavit by the head of the SFA that this was non-negotiable, you mean?

Right now, the statements by the clubs are generally encouraging. Enough SFL teams have made public statements to the effect that the Newco should be placed in the Third to make installation in the First impossible, assuming that nobody has a change of heart. But until the vote is cast (and even after, in case Regan is actually stupid enough to follow through with his empty SPL2 threat), you'd be foolish not to worry.

If the SPL were to refuse to honour their contractual obligations. then the SFL could, quite rightly, take them to court, and if necessary, have the SPL liquidated in the end if they refused to pay up.

popcorn.gif

Although the situation appears to be that if SPL is left with under £6M in the pot before pay-outs it would reduce.

(Or at least, the SPL's Chief Executive is applying such pressure. If he's gone off-piste and is acting without the authority of his member clubs then I'd have expected to have heard some of those clubs having something to say about it by now.)

Certainly, if he has gone it alone, you'd expect clubs to call him on it or the SPL Board to reign him in.

A Spartans spokesman said yesterday

"As it stands there is no current vacancy in the SFL. But it’s clearly something that is changing on a daily basis and is a real moveable feast. We are watching with interest as we are keen to play at as high a level as we can. Make no bones about it, as a club we are very ambitious and want to get in the league. We will have our licence shortly, our ground meets the criteria and we have three years of accounts so everything is in place. We have space for 3500 fans and once hosted Manchester United. We also have 600 kids wearing our strip every weekend"

SPARTANS director of football Andy Nixon

________________________________________________________________________________-

This will grow legs. More work for m'learned friends if Spivco 5088 go into the 3rd ?

Yes, you read it right - he really did say we were jealous of Rangers.

Now obviously, nobody's jealous of Rangers right now, but the idea that we ever were is laughable.

If I'd wanted to be a Rangers fan when they were winning everything, guess what I'd have done? That's right - become a Rangers fan.

I didn't.

I'd never want to watch a team that would win every week. It must be utter shite to do that. Aye, obviously, I want Raith to go into every game and come out and win, but the game is far more entertaining when you go in not knowing you're team will walk over the opposition as you have a budget which is over ten times their size. I love the feeling that my team has deserved a win when leaving the game. With all due respect, fans of the team formerly known as Rangers fans will never get the pleasure that lower league fans get simply through being honest, average teams.