Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Longmuir quoted in one of today's papers saying the clubs, not the board, will decide on Division 1 or Division 3. John Yorkston has also said any other option would not be acceptable.

I hope that's right.

Has there been an official change to the mechanism outlined in the letter inviting clubs to Friday's meeting then?

These questions as well as those relating to the terms for the settlement fee are now so key, and yet there's no clarity on them at all.

It won't be Arbroath. Airdrie would go up as play off runners up (again) :angry:

Airdrie...! really.

Okay, I will still make a point of going to 2 Arbroath games..:D

Better that than those inbred nuggets.

Edited by ChrispPancake

Apologies it should have said pay the Spl running costs (not teams) it is in the rules document under c4.2.2 I think sorry can't link document as I am on my phone.

ETA - http://www.scotprem.com/content/mediaassets/doc/RULES%20EFFECTIVE%2030%20MAY%202012%20%28CLEAN%29.pdf

Firstly, no need to apologise. Secondly, yes I have Googled and found said paragraph. The SPL can cover, and make provision to cover, their own internal costs prior to making payment to SFL, I will try to wade through the legalise to see if i can find other priorities beyond this.

Thanks for this. I keep seeing references to "The Pledge"

but did not know what it was,except for some vague notion

it was to do withNasty Rangers and the forces of the Establishment.

ETA it does seem to be written by someone with a leaning.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Well I've sure been put in my place.

Blah blah blah

Well at least you changed your team to "Scotland" after learning that Rangers had deid, so I suppose your foray here has taught you something. Managed to get yer heid round the fact that Sevco's team ain't been 'punished and punished and punished' as well?

Edited by Claymores

Well I've sure been put in my place. I didn't realize that standing up for the club you have supported your whole life made me variously an imbecile / w****r / moron / arsehole. Now I like a football rivalry as much as the next person but there seems to be genuine worryingly high levels of hate for rangers and any of their fans on this forum.

Apparently I write with an ingrained sense of entitlement and all us bluenoses do. What utter fucking pish. I can now almost see why some rangers fans want to see the spl crumble and a host of teams go to the wall, well I still don't but suffice to say when a few other clubs go out of business I won't shed a tear but I won't dance on their grave either.

A lot of people have also said rangers have "cheated" for over 20 years; it's a nice round number and also handily erodes the achievement of winning 9 league titles in a row in the 90's. Shame that it's a massive exaggeration back up with not a shred of fact. If you are referring to the shameful EBT's then yes it was cheating but as far as I was aware that started around 2000, if your simply bumping your gums and evoking pathetic clichés like "the establishment" and "help from referees" then really you need a life.

I mean seriously; when you call a person a w****r for supporting Aston villa and watching American football you have deep physiological issues to deal with. Either that or you are a keyboard hard man, either way it's a worrying reflection of Scottish society.

You have been viewed as a run of the mill TFKAR fan, clearly this assumption is misplaced.

You can read.

It's not the mere fact of the SFL having to take a vote - it's the fact that the SPL, having been unable to vote for Newco, are now heavily pressurising the SFL into bailing them out by taking the decision that they were unable to.

(Or at least, the SPL's Chief Executive is applying such pressure. If he's gone off-piste and is acting without the authority of his member clubs then I'd have expected to have heard some of those clubs having something to say about it by now.)

Our chairman has - to 20 of us in the St Mirren boardroom last Tuesday, and then I think he mentioned it again (albeit more briefly) to 400 or so Saints fans gathered in our main stand later that evening. It has been reported on the Saints forum B&W Army.

If our club want to say something 'official' about what we think of the leadership - I guess that'll be a matter for a full board meeting.

I mean seriously; when you call a person a w****r for supporting Aston villa and watching American football you have deep physiological issues to deal with.

Quite rational in my opinion. Just as is calling someone a w****r for "supporting" Rangers while living and having been brought up in Inverness, Falkirk, Greenock etc. It makes no sense. The sooner Celtic join your lot in the sewer the better.

Agree - which means I become a supporter of every SFL Div 1 club, and fervently hope that each and every one of them kicks Sevco XIs arse good and proper in every game.

There was a time when I wanted three teams in Scotland to lose - St Mirren, Rangers and Celtic in that order. Now St Mirren don't matter in that sense to me any more and I would actively support them against the old firm and even grudgingly admire them doing well.

Does that make me a bad person?

Now St Mirren don't matter in that sense to me any more and I would actively support them against the old firm and even grudgingly admire them doing well.

In fairness though, you can't say you weren't pishing yourself watching them lose to nine men in the League Cup final.

Well I've sure been put in my place. I didn't realize that standing up for the club you have supported your whole life made me variously an imbecile / w****r / moron / arsehole. Now I like a football rivalry as much as the next person but there seems to be genuine worryingly high levels of hate for rangers and any of their fans on this forum.

Apparently I write with an ingrained sense of entitlement and all us bluenoses do. What utter fucking pish. I can now almost see why some rangers fans want to see the spl crumble and a host of teams go to the wall, well I still don't but suffice to say when a few other clubs go out of business I won't shed a tear but I won't dance on their grave either.

A lot of people have also said rangers have "cheated" for over 20 years; it's a nice round number and also handily erodes the achievement of winning 9 league titles in a row in the 90's. Shame that it's a massive exaggeration back up with not a shred of fact. If you are referring to the shameful EBT's then yes it was cheating but as far as I was aware that started around 2000, if your simply bumping your gums and evoking pathetic clichés like "the establishment" and "help from referees" then really you need a life.

I mean seriously; when you call a person a w****r for supporting Aston villa and watching American football you have deep physiological issues to deal with. Either that or you are a keyboard hard man, either way it's a worrying reflection of Scottish society.

Your team cheated and is now dead.

There was a time when I wanted three teams in Scotland to lose - St Mirren, Rangers and Celtic in that order. Now St Mirren don't matter in that sense to me any more and I would actively support them against the old firm and even grudgingly admire them doing well.

Does that make me a bad person?

Been in that camp with Killie for a wee while now, it's painless.

Well I’ve sure been put in my place. I didn’t realize that standing up for the club you have supported your whole life made me variously an imbecile / w****r / moron / arsehole. Now I like a football rivalry as much as the next person but there seems to be genuine worryingly high levels of hate for rangers and any of their fans on this forum.

Apparently I write with an ingrained sense of entitlement and all us bluenoses do. What utter fucking pish. I can now almost see why some rangers fans want to see the spl crumble and a host of teams go to the wall, well I still don’t but suffice to say when a few other clubs go out of business I won’t shed a tear but I won’t dance on their grave either.

A lot of people have also said rangers have "cheated" for over 20 years; it’s a nice round number and also handily erodes the achievement of winning 9 league titles in a row in the 90's. Shame that it’s a massive exaggeration back up with not a shred of fact. If you are referring to the shameful EBT's then yes it was cheating but as far as I was aware that started around 2000, if your simply bumping your gums and evoking pathetic clichés like "the establishment" and "help from referees" then really you need a life.

I mean seriously; when you call a person a w****r for supporting Aston villa and watching American football you have deep physiological issues to deal with. Either that or you are a keyboard hard man, either way it’s a worrying reflection of Scottish society.

Maybe, just maybe, if your club and it's fans had come out and made statements to the tune of "we've f*cked up, the people we had in charge have f*cked up and we owe the whole of Scottish football an apology. We are on our knees, help us." then your club would be viewed as victims who needed help. No, instead we have been fed the we "arra peepul" line, the "if we go down we are taking you all with us" line. You have attempted to bully us into accepting the way you think you should be dealt with, you have threatened our game, you are full of your own self importance. Reality check for you, your club died, your dead club are powerless and we, the fans, are taking our game back. We have the power, we are the people and your club is history, your history that you so wanted to hold on to is yours to keep but it stopped progressing at the point you declared your intentions to liquidate.

If you were a decent club you would have been saved in the same way many before you have been but you were not.

Well I’ve sure been put in my place. I didn’t realize that standing up for the club you have supported your whole life made me variously an imbecile / w****r / moron / arsehole. Now I like a football rivalry as much as the next person but there seems to be genuine worryingly high levels of hate for rangers and any of their fans on this forum.

Apparently I write with an ingrained sense of entitlement and all us bluenoses do. What utter fucking pish. I can now almost see why some rangers fans want to see the spl crumble and a host of teams go to the wall, well I still don’t but suffice to say when a few other clubs go out of business I won’t shed a tear but I won’t dance on their grave either.

A lot of people have also said rangers have "cheated" for over 20 years; it’s a nice round number and also handily erodes the achievement of winning 9 league titles in a row in the 90's. Shame that it’s a massive exaggeration back up with not a shred of fact. If you are referring to the shameful EBT's then yes it was cheating but as far as I was aware that started around 2000, if your simply bumping your gums and evoking pathetic clichés like "the establishment" and "help from referees" then really you need a life.

I mean seriously; when you call a person a w****r for supporting Aston villa and watching American football you have deep physiological issues to deal with. Either that or you are a keyboard hard man, either way it’s a worrying reflection of Scottish society.

1. This is a football forum. Expect people to disagree with you and expect some of those opposing views to be expressed in a robust manner.

2. Don't whine like a mummy's boy. Cut those apron strings and roll with the punches. Give as good as you get.

3. Maintain a sense of humour and perspective. We're all winging it to varying degrees.

4. Never forget that Scottish football is governed by corrupt c*nts and reported on by a lickspittle media for the benefit of 2 clubs who glory in bigotry and sectarianism.

5. Never forget that Point 4 is what keeps us diddies at the barricades.

6. Remember your 5-a-day.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/07/10/rangers-defender-carlos-bocanegra-says-celtic-will-have-spl-title-won-by-christmas-86908-23906705/

Rangers defender Carlos Bocanegra says Celtic will have SPL title won by Christmas

Jul 10 2012 By David McCarthy

carlos-bocanegra-47150855.jpg CARLOS BOCANEGRA last night insisted Celtic will be crowned next season’s SPL champions by December.

The Rangers defender returns to training at Murray Park on Friday still unsure of his future but is convinced that last Wednesday’s decision by the SPL to banish the Ibrox side has damaged the Scottish game greatly.

Bocanegra will discuss the situation with manager Ally McCoist upon his return, which coincides with the date of the SFL’s meeting to decide which division Rangers can play in next season.

If the Ibrox newco are placed in Division Three, there is almost no chance of 33-year-old Bocanegra staying at the club to play lower-league football for the next three years in the latter stages of his career.

But the USA captain may be tempted to remain at Rangers if they spend the next campaign in Division One, in the hope they can gain immediate promotion to the SPL.

Bocanegra, who spent Sunday playing in Major League Baseball’s All-Star celebrity softball match in Kansas City, told top American magazine Sports Illustrated that he loved life in Glasgow.

But he’s struggling to get his head around the decision to refuse the Rangers newco a place in the SPL.

He said: “Celtic are going to win the league in December. It’s frustrating.

“The people in the league want to punish Rangers for wrongdoing but they’re just hurting themselves.

“Hopefully they don’t put Rangers down to Division Three because I think that’s going to set Scottish football back.

“Rangers are such a big institution. It’s seriously the coolest club I’ve ever been a part of.”

Bocanegra has spent the summer playing for his country and has been back in his native California over the past few weeks.

But he has been keeping up to date with the situation at Ibrox and is aware of the fans’ backlash against players such as Steven Davis, Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker and Kyle Lafferty, who have signed for new clubs after refusing to transfer contracts to the newco.

He added: “A lot of the fans now are starting to turn on the players because that’s all they have left to get angry at. It’s just an unfortunate situation. ”

Bocanegra knows he has a huge decision to make but the American wants to speak to McCoist first.

He said: “I’ve got to explore my options. I need to speak with the coach. It wouldn’t be fair to say anything if I haven’t talked to him yet.”

More facts and figures from the Ibrox School of Economics.

Can somebody explain how Sellick can be crowned champions after 19 games? Isn't he forgetting that Ra'Peepul were crowned champions in November last season and totally messed up afterwards? :D

All you paisley boys are morton....you just don't know it yet. :D

Believe me - every single Saints fan I know wants nothing more than for Morton to do well and win promotion to the SPL. In the same way that our Dundonian friends may well have their derby day back soon, it would be fantastic news for St Mirren and Morton, if it were to happen. Sadly, the only thing stopping it is that Morton are a bit pish.

Get the finger oot', Christ, we even sold you half of our old stadium. :P:)

I read your original post carefully, and while there were some sensible points, I couldn't get past one line that is constantly trotted out by Rangers fans.

"We have been punished enough".

Please explain how.

A ten point penalty for going into admin. A fine which has effectively been written off due to the impending liquidation. Those are the only actual penalties which have (so far) been imposed.

Is this a suitable punishment for a club which has stolen nearly £100m from the public purse? I chose the word "stolen" deliberately - there was no effort ever made to pay that money, and with impending liquidation, there never will be.

Is it a suitable punishment for a club which ignored the rules of the competition by using second contracts? Contracts which made payments from the pool of stolen tax?

Even if we ignore those crimes, there are precedents for liquidated clubs. When Airdrieonians and Gretna went bust, neither of them were allowed to dictate where they re-entered. In fact, neither of them were allowed back in at all. Airdrie circumvented this with the frankly disgusting destruction of another club, but that is another matter.

I have been consistent in my feelings on this. If you feel that there should be no more "punishment", then you have to accept that this is a brand new club and should be treated as such, applying to SFL3 and starting with no history. Many fans would have no problem with this scenario.

If this club is still Rangers in any form, there is no way the cheating over the EBT years, and the refusal to pay tax in season 2011/2012 can be ignored. There must be further sanctions.

Rangers fans go on about the potential sanctions as other clubs having their cake and eating it - well, please tell me how you would describe a debt-free Rangers continuing having only received a 10 point penalty?

Rangers dumped ... by Subbuteo

CRISIS-hit Rangers have been given the flick by footy table top game SUBBUTEO.

No tiny plastic players will sport the Light Blue this season after the newco Ibrox club failed to sign a contract with the makers in time. And that leaves arch rivals Celtic as Subbuteo’s only Scots team — joining English giants like Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

The previous Ibrox regime HAD agreed to a new model version of Rangers. But the reborn club led by Charles Green has still not rubber-stamped the paperwork. Last night Richard Wells, sales director at Subbuteo maker Paul Lamond Games, said: “We agreed a licence and the team was ready to go.

“But we’ve had to apply for a new licence with the newco Rangers.

“The contract is ready and waiting to be signed — but it’s probably not the first thing on the management’s mind right now.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4418863/Rangers-dumped-by-Subbuteo.html