Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ibrox etc. are only worth what someone will pay for them. If Green was indeed the highest bidder (and no-one seems to be disputing that) then the administrators can't be faulted.

He was the only bidder, nobody else had the we'll buy them for £x clause, that's not a bidding process I'd be comfortable with.

Actually, there are 16 shares @ £1 each. I, and other posters, have long wondered whom the extra 4 shares belong to.

Re. the Settlement Agreement - read the Clyde document from yesterday. The onlyway the SPL could avoid paying the £2m is by deliberately committing a breach of contract. The SFL could then send us all to Hell in a handcart.

Are the 4 extra shares not just held as "bought in" shares would be in a normal plc, then in the event that the SPL is increased by 2 or 4 teams they would be issued, rather than having to go to the expense of creating new shares and being subject to the other financial nonsense that involves?

Media House have been paid over £100,000 during D&P period of administration, money which should have went to creditors, to basically plant false stories in the MSM and bribe journalists.

Who is behind this?

I very much doubt that Media House "planted false stories" - Traynor et al are more than capable of achieving that themselves.

It's more likely that they were there to prevent other stories getting out!

Is there not a meeting at Hampden today? Thought I read on twitter this morning that the SFA/SPL/SFL board's presentation was today for the clubs, and the vote was on Friday.

SFL Board meeting today. The outcome will be emailed (presumably) to member clubs later today which is in line with what the tabloids are saying - that's if the world doesn't end before then! :lol: :lol:

Is there not a meeting at Hampden today? Thought I read on twitter this morning that the SFA/SPL/SFL board's presentation was today for the clubs, and the vote was on Friday.

SFL board meeting now to discuss "financial " carrots(blackmailing) from SFA/SPL,

to be voted on in Fridays SGM

and why are they flourishing?

could it be they don't fork out stupid prices for overrated foreigners? and they utilise their own youth systems,

the leagues in scotland can be a success but only if we stop paying silly money and look for cheap, up and coming talent

Another reason , could be several years ago they looked at their product, and realised if they wanted to make progress in the european competition they would have to change to summer football, so when the early rounds take place they are mid season, unlike here were you some times think that the early rounds starting in july, are glorified pre season games.Also they are not the national sport of their country, unlike in scotland, so if they played on sunday they would lose out to the GAA, playing on saturday , they would at certain times of the season be im competition with the EPL, so the bulk of leaque game, are on a friday evening.

From RTC :-

Torrevieja Johnbhoy says:

11/07/2012 at 10:14 am

rom Rangers Rumours.

Anyone free?.

Just heard that John Brown has set up a meeting at the Dakota Hotel, Eurocentral, at 2pm on Sunday with all supporters groups.

He is going to explain what is happening at the club and his business plan for the future.

Not sure who will be invited but I will keep you all posted when it has been confirmed.

An official of Erededivisie Live , who televise Dutch Football , describes the much vaunted Sky deal as "paltry".

Maybe instead of trying to gerrymander Newco into Div 1 to save Scottish Football , Messrs Doncaster,Regan and Longmuir might do better to enrol for a course offering an SVQ in negotiating proper TV deals.

I think through the whole process they've shown that they can't negotiate worth a sh*t. From the start of the whole fiasco dealing with SPL clubs, chairmen, the media, fans and the SFL clubs they've had the sum total of f*ck all go their way. In fact every single proposal they've tried to push through has ended up in the bin. These are the people who 'run' Scottish football and SKY must laugh at them every time they leave the room.

They simply don't believe in the product they're trying to sell and in fact talk it down at every opportunity. I can only imagine how pathetic they must be when they're begging SKY to please show our sh*t league on their wonderful channels in between the tiddlywinks and snooker.

Hopefully some of the creditors of the soon to be liquidated oldco will dispute the price that Ibrox/Murray Park etc were sold to Charles Green for. The main aim for administrators unable to keep a company operating as a going concern is to get the best return possible for the creditors of the company, be it with a CVA or the sale of assets.

I'd imagine HMRC will be keen to question what Duff and Phelps were up to through the entire process.

Ibrox etc. are only worth what someone will pay for them. If Green was indeed the highest bidder (and no-one seems to be disputing that) then the administrators can't be faulted.

Yes they can.

There are many cases where administrators couldn't get a decent price for assets in the company at a particular time, so they hold onto them, get a management team in to run the thing while markets improve etc.

The Bank of Scotland when a major creditor in a company that went under was well known for taking this approach. The Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh was one, which was run on their behalf for a good few years and then sold to Forte I think.

Duff & Duffer were under pressure to sell, all of their own making, with little cutting of costs they artificially created a deadline.

Hopefully on their heads be it. biggrin.gif.

Edited by thelegendthatis

They simply don't believe in the product they're trying to sell and in fact talk it down at every opportunity. I can only imagine how pathetic they must be when they're begging SKY to please show our sh*t league on their wonderful channels in between the tiddlywinks and snooker.

I'm just picturing a scene in my head right now of Neil Doncaster giving a presentation on Dragons Den.

Yes they can.

There are many cases where administrators couldn't get a decent price for assets in the company at a particular time, so they hold onto them, get a management team in to run the thing while markets improve etc.

The Bank of Scotland when a major creditor in a company that went under was well known for taking this approach. The Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh was one, which was run on their behalf for a good few years and then sold to Forte I think.

Duff & Duffer were under pressure to sell, all of their own making, with little cutting of costs they artificially created a deadline.

Hopefully on their heads be it. biggrin.gif.

Different circumstances - BoS would have had a fixed charge over the hotel so it would have transferred directly to them, rather than being held by administrators.

It may be that the board forced the Chairman to change his voting intentions once his ownership of Rangers shares was revealed by Thomson, in which case Thomson has nothing to apologise for.

By the way, I've been assured by people who know that my theory above is bollocks, and that Berwick always intended to vote for Div 3. Thomson should apologise for getting it wrong, but not for highlighting the possible conflict of interest in having Rangers shareholders voting on the fate of Sevco.