Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm just picturing a scene in my head right now of Neil Doncaster giving a presentation on Dragons Den.

'If you don't invest in my electronic wanking machine I have projected that the crops in Wisconsin will fail next year, there will be an 18 vehicle pile up on the M1 in 2014, and your children's nipples will fall off.'

Different circumstances - BoS would have had a fixed charge over the hotel so it would have transferred directly to them, rather than being held by administrators.

Thanks. You're right. Just want to get them pinned with everything going. mad.gif

Suspect there will be enough left even without this one.

Just checked visitor stats on http://honestyinsport.weebly.com/

3,800 unique visitors the first day, 4,500 plus on day 2.

With the big day (NO, not the 12th) looming on Friday 13th. I will be suggesting on the site what we can do to get our views across to all the key players.

Will post something up here and also on http://honestyinsport.weebly.com/ tomorrow afternoon. I am aiming for 3.30pm

Keep your Thursday evening and Friday morning free! We need you biggrin.gif

Linked in Twitter account https://twitter.com/ManOnABike2 so will update that also.

Edited by thelegendthatis

From RTC :-

Torrevieja Johnbhoy says:

11/07/2012 at 10:14 am

rom Rangers Rumours.

Anyone free?.

Just heard that John Brown has set up a meeting at the Dakota Hotel, Eurocentral, at 2pm on Sunday with all supporters groups.

He is going to explain what is happening at the club and his business plan for the future.

Not sure who will be invited but I will keep you all posted when it has been confirmed.

Typical Rangers grandstanding, a five-star hotel, (is he planning an overnight stay?) you can take the boy out of Rangers, etc, etc. Could they not book a room at a Lodge in Govan, or even use a suite at Ibrox.......oh, no......wait......:blink: .

I was despairing that Div 1 was looking a certainty a few days ago but i really think things are moving in the right direction again.

In thinking about the situation i am positive a deal can be hammered out that can work. If you consider moving to a 3 League system its not beyond the realms of possibility to put Newco in the lowest League next year, for promotion from that League to be into the new second Tier. That would mean that if Newco were successful they could be in the top League within 2 years.

Combine that with proper play-offs, voting structures and financial distribution would most folk be happy?

Edited by Pars 4

I was despairing that Div 1 was looking a certainty a few days ago but i really think things are moving in the right direction again.

In thinking about the situation i am positive a deal can be hammered out that can work. If you consider moving to a 3 League system its not beyond the realms of possibility to put Newco in the lowest League next year, for promotion from that League to be into the new second Tier. That would mean that if Newco were successful they could be in the top League within 2 years.

Combine that with proper play-offs, voting structures and financial distribution would most folk be happy?

All fine in theory all newco will need is to write off thirty odd milion quid to cover running costs...ah well their problem not anyone else's

I'd be happier if we didn't do this just to accomodate a bunch of cheating chancers and did it because the authorities thought it was what we needed.

All fine in theory all newco will need is to write off thirty odd milion quid to cover running costs...ah well their problem not anyone else's

Well yeah, if they cant run their club thats their problem.....again!!unsure.gif

I'd be happier if we didn't do this just to accomodate a bunch of cheating chancers and did it because the authorities thought it was what we needed.

Unfortunately it was always going to take something major to facilitate change.

"What we needed" is generally the last consideration.

I completely Agree, but This is an opportunity to make things better and if we can get out of it what Fans really want to see and Newco have to start at the bottom that has to be positive?

Just did a quick trawl to see if any of the MSM / redtops / Succulents have carried a report on the Clyde FC document from yesterday - unless I'm going gaga, couldn't seem to find anything.

Here we have possibly the most explosive, courageous and informed document ever put into the public domain regarding the governance of Scottish football and those who administer it and the source of this information is a member club of the SFA. It lays bare the scheming, the blackmailing and the downright lying being done by the two most senior executives in Scottish football and is to all intents and purposes a clarion call to other clubs for a "No Confidence" vote in Regan and Doncaster.

Yet none of our so-called media outlets dare, or is it 'care', to give it any credence or 'traction'.

Amazing. Just amazing.

Whether the settlement is contractual or not will become irrelevant if the clubs don't have the money to pay.

We now have more detail than ever before on SPL income... for next season it was to be £16M UK TV, at least £2.75M overseas TV, plus £2M naming rights, plus secondary sponsorships, SFA solidary payment and UEFA's solidary payment which would probably total at least another £2M. Anyway that's £23M or so.

We also know that last season (off £3M less - lower TV deal) they distributed about £17.5M to clubs, £1.8M to SFL, £375k in parchutes. That's £20M. Add X hundred £k for refs/wages.

We also know SPL has to pay full Settlement if income is £6M or more. Not clear if £6M is before or after refs/wages.

It seems inconceivable it'll fall that much.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Just did a quick trawl to see if any of the MSM / redtops / Succulents have carried a report on the Clyde FC document from yesterday - unless I'm going gaga, couldn't seem to find anything.

Here we have possibly the most explosive, courageous and informed document ever put into the public domain regarding the governance of Scottish football and those who administer it and the source of this information is a member club of the SFA. It lays bare the scheming, the blackmailing and the downright lying being done by the two most senior executives in Scottish football and is to all intents and purposes a clarion call to other clubs for a "No Confidence" vote in Regan and Doncaster.

Yet none of our so-called media outlets dare, or is it 'care', to give it any credence or 'traction'.

Amazing. Just amazing.

Trouble is they can't write cos they have both hands squarely across their anuses to stop the brown stuff squishing ooot.

The problem (well one of them) with what Doncaster and his merry men are doing, is that it's pretty much a self-fulfilling prophecy. They've talked the game down so much that any tv company or sponsor is going to give the game close to f**k all. They'll just cite what Doncaster and his cronies have been saying about the worth of our game with out Sevco and that's pretty much that.

So, basically not only did he get us an appalling tv deal in the first place, he's been talking us out of any chance of a decent one in the near future. He has to go. Now. Sacked, resigned, I don't care. Just get him gone.

This is a really good point.

These guys are clearly incompetent and not 'fit for purpose'. Surely that, in itself, is grounds to bag them?

tumblr_lgr6e5zQhu1qgtccmo1_500.png

"Now look here Sharpe, I expect you at first light tomorrow to march on Hampden & give Renegan & the Cockwomble a damned good thrashing!"

sharpharper.jpg

"What we going to do Pat? They say if we don't surrender and accept their terms it will be a slaughter for Scottish football."

"Ah now I wouldn't be too sure about that, Sir. They also say ye'll end up like the League Of Ireland. Now wouldn't that be a grand thing, seeing as how clubs back in the old country can get results in Europe whilst yer overpaid nancy boys over here are just a big bag o'shyte?"

"Bloody hell, Pat, you're right. DIDDY CLUBS - TO ME!"

Unbelievable really that the SFL are expected to shoehorn Sevco in to the first division when we all know (Bury, Carlisle stories) that they would abandon the SFL and be off to England like a rat up a drainpipe given half a chance. I hope the chairman consider this when deciding how to cast their vote.

I completely Agree, but This is an opportunity to make things better and if we can get out of it what Fans really want to see and Newco have to start at the bottom that has to be positive?

It is a positive, I'm just angry at the change of heart from the SPL.

Their hardline stance previous should never be forgotten.