Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'd be happier if they just applied the rules, instead of trying to rearrange the entirety of Scottish football in two weeks for the benefit of one club barely a month old.

What's the rush to restructure the leagues for anyway?

Because they are the peepul.

WE GOT THEM BY THE BALLS

CrXmJ.png

That is very funny.

Look at his location.

West Virginia!

Only the most backward, inbred state in the USA, he'll feel righ at home :D

What do West Virginia girls say after sex?

Git offn me Daddy, I want a cigarette!

When SPL was formed one of the conditions of the Settlement Agreement was it had to expand to 12 by 2000. At foundation it wasn't clear how this would be worked (splits etc.). One idea - of a certain Campbell Ogilvie infact - was for the "old Austrian system": after 22 games the Top 8 split and play 14 = 36, while the Bottom 4 join the Top 4 from the First Division, also play 14 = 36. I understand this was the reason for a maximum share capital of 16 shares.

I quite like that idea. But what happens to the other 6 in Division 1?

How in the name of f**k can they make a "package" of information up today at the SFL meeting and send it to the clubs tonight and expect them to make an informed decision by Friday ?

Thats just fucking lunacy to make such a monumental decision in such a short timescale.

Fucking idiots that actually think this is acceptable.

In a way I can see why they would draft a set of "financial carrots" (read: bribes) as these are matters of numbers on a page.

However the idea that clubs being "offerred an expanded top-tier by 2015" or similar is timely is ludicrous. It's a bare-faced insult, infact.

A complete reorganisation of the national league system, off the back of a fag packet, at 2 days notice in order to accomodate Rangers straight back into SFL1? Farcical...

Edited by HibeeJibee

That is very funny.

Look at his location.

West Virginia!

Only the most backward, inbred state in the USA, he'll feel righ at home :D

What do West Virginia girls say after sex?

Git offn me Daddy, I want a cigarette!

You're being unfair. West Virginians are warm-hearted and generous. A West Virginian died and left his entire estate to his wife of 5 years. She's looking forward to her 16th birthday when she can get access to the money.

In a way I can see why they would draft a sent of "financial carrots" (read: bribes) as these are matters of numbers on a page.

However the idea that clubs being "offerred an expanded top-tier by 2015" or similar is timely is farcical.

A complete reorganisation of the national league system, off the back of a fag packet, at 2 days notice in order to accomodate Rangers straight back into SFL1? Farcical...

Only in Scotland .... Stand firm SFL clubs ....

I quite like that idea. But what happens to the other 6 in Division 1?

Idea was SFL1 would expand to 12, and they'd also play 14 = 36. It failed on several counts... First, you'd need USH over both divisions, to safely split after 22 games. Second, it could see 4-up-4-down (SPL clubs bricking it) or 0-up-0-down (SFL1 clubs bricking it). Third, clubs atop the Third 8 have nothing to play for.

Gordon Smith advocated it a few years back, too, without any success - those issues seem insurmountable.

In a way I can see why they would draft a sent of "financial carrots" (read: bribes) as these are matters of numbers on a page.

However the idea that clubs being "offerred an expanded top-tier by 2015" or similar is timely is farcical.

Complete desperation, pure and simple. Think the powers that be are well aware that the game is now up. Regan, Longmuir and Doncaster need to go. Get fresh people in and let's do reconstruction the sensible way.

The closer we get to the vote on Friday, the more confident I am becoming that the SFL will do the right thing. Looking at the Clyde statement, I'd imagine that a motion of no-confidence in the SFL board could well be raised if it seems they are still intent on shoe-horning Sevco into the first. It's disgraceful that no media outlet has reported the statement, but ultimately unsurprising.

You'd expect "Rangers" to argue their case, but theyve generally accepted 3rd Division, though would prefer as good a result as possible

You'd expect the SPL people to try & ensure "Rangers" arent away too long, though be an idea not to try & pull an illegal fast one

But the guy at the SFA?? That character should be out a job, plain & simple

SFL Chairmen hold all the cards. Doncaster & Regan are panicking & throwing everything they can think of at it. Hold your nerve SFL

One has to wonder if the 'financial carrots' that are being offered are being dreamed up on the basis that Sevco 5088 are in the position to complete (start?) a season in any league.

Last week at St Mirren Park, this was the very point I raised with Stewart Gilmour et al. There is all this talk about the alleged financial hit being less painful with the newco in the 1st Division, but does anyone involved actually have even a modicum of confidence that this operation will be able to function as a viable football club within the next 3 weeks or so? Needless to say, they weren't brimming with confidence, and you could sense their anxiety in this regard - upon which I pointed out just how much of a gamble it would be basing any restructuring of the game etc. on such flimsy pretence.

Indeed, one of our directors spoke briefly with me afterwards, and highlighted my point again, pretty much confirming that no-one has any confidence that Green will pull it off (fnar, fnar).

Edited by Drooper

Complete desperation, pure and simple. Think the powers that be are well aware that the game is now up. Regan, Longmuir and Doncaster need to go. Get fresh people in and let's do reconstruction the sensible way.

Oviously, this will be the topic for the next 3000 page Pn'B thread.

Actually was mulling this over the other night whilst watching a music thang on BBC4. Some talking head type dudes were going on about disputes in bands / breakup of bands and one of the major factors was the aggro between the songwriters and the non-songwriters as this inevitably led to problems over royalties, songwriting credits etc.

However, it was noted that 2 of the biggest acts (if not the biggest acts) in the world, namely U2 and REM have a policy of crediting all band members as writers, thereby ensuring it's equal shares all round.

Now, here is the quandary. How do we implement a US gridiron / NFL type draft system along with an equitable share of monies into Scottish football ?

:rolleyes:

Idea was SFL1 would expand to 12, and they'd also play 14 = 36. It failed on several counts... First, you'd need USH over both divisions, to safely split after 22 games. Second, it could see 4-up-4-down (SPL clubs bricking it) or 0-up-0-down (SFL1 clubs bricking it). Third, clubs atop the Third 8 have nothing to play for.

Gordon Smith advocated it a few years back, too, without any success - those issues seem insurmountable.

Well you dont need undersoil heating. I can see why to 0 or 4 up/down could be an issue, but maybe thoughts have changed? Surely, it could also be done with a playoff at the end? Not sure what you mean by your third statement.

is it about time to lay out the battle groups as they curently stand?

I make it ----------------------Pro-Sevco Doncaster, Regan, Longmuir, Stenhousemuir, Dumbarton

Anti-Sevco Everybody else except Jim Ballantyne

Any better picture?

One has to wonder if the 'financial carrots' that are being offered are being dreamed up on the basis that Sevco 5088 are in the position to complete (start?) a season in any league.

Last week at St Mirren Park, this was the very point I raised with Stewart Gilmour et al. There is all this talk about the alleged financial hit being less painful with the newco in the 1st Division, but does anyone involved actually have even a modicum of confidence that this operation will be able to function as a viable football club within the next 3 weeks or so? Needless to say, they weren't brimming with confidence, and you could sense their anxiety in this regard - upon which I pointed out just how much of a gamble it would be basing any restructuring off the game etc. on such flimsy pretence.

Indeed, one of our directors spoke briefly with me afterwards, and highlighted my point again, pretty much confirming that no-one has any confidence that Green will pull it off (fnar, fnar).

That is a key point. Charles Green doesn't quite strike me a guy who is doing this for the benefit of the ex-Rangers support. He knows that there is a potential cash cow at the end of this and will keep it going until this is realised. However, he isn't going to do this for an extended period of time.

I've got the 16 spl share conundrum sussed.

11 present teams, plus Club 12, Warriors, the Sons (of the Rock), Green Rangers and finally the Sons (of John Brown). 2 Rangers sides in a top league of 16, giving a guaranteed 4 bigot fest games to televise even with sides playing each other only twice.

Oh, and No Relegation (or Surrender).

(and all no more stupid than the authorities are suggesting)