Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ball's now in SFL clubs court.

I'll be interested to see Raith/Clyde's take if they comment.

I offer my complete respect to Raith and Clyde's positioning on these matters, it is the other clubs that I want to hear from. The honesty of the approach from all the clubs that have made comment so far has been refreshing but what about the rest of them, silence at this stage = weakness.

Edited by strichener

Hopefully the SFL tell Doncaster and co to ram their "carrot".

It's only a short time since the SPL were trying to push their 10 team league agenda and make their league an even more closed shop, now they are suddenly open to expansion in a thinly veiled attempt to make sure Rangers are back at the top in the shortest possible time.

I just posted the link a minute ago after I saw an RT on Twitter. I`m assuming the Twitter page is a parody & not the man himself? If so he`s getting a fair few bites.

Yeah i saw that it was posted a couple of minutes before i did,so i deleted my post :D

It is frankly unbelievable that the SFL have not adopted the position that they will allow Newco into Div 3 , only if the SPL/SFA accept conditions they would propose.

The SFL hold all the aces yet seem incapable of using them.

Exactly the point Ive been arguing for the past couple of weeks

The stuff Doncaster & Regan have been coming away with is total desparation. Irony being, if they adopted the suggested changes, longer term it will help the top clubs. The standard throughout, SPL included, is a lot worse than it was pre Sky TV. Learn the lesson, change, and reap the benefits

I offer by complete respect to Raith and Clyde's positioning on these matters, it is the other clubs that I want to hear from. The honesty of the approach from all the clubs that have made comment so far has been refreshing but what about the rest of them, silence at this stage = weakness.

That's sort of what I meant, actually.

The field-of-play has altered again. Now club's are faced with what is effectively a deferral of the outcome - they're not being asked to vote Rangers into SFL1 in return for XYZ, but in return for a panel to go away and talk about reforms. (Unless we're all missing something).

This makes it easier to oppose - "it guarantees nothing" - but also to support - "it may lead to comprehensive changes".

You'd think only one of the more outspoken clubs, like Raith or Clyde, will be first to criticise.

Edited by HibeeJibee

It seems increasingly likely that SPL 2 is going to be created to house Newco.

Sickening.

Eh ?

They've just said they've been looking at reconstruction for the last TWO YEARS. There are 4 weeks or so till the start of the season. This shower have taken TWO WEEKS and still havent decided who is replacing Rangers in SPL1. There is precisely NO DANGER of an SPL 2 this season. Even if there was a possibility they could achieve it administratively, there is NO DANGER of getting a majority of the 42 club to vote in favour of it. An SPL2, under Doncaster's auspices ? NO CHANCE....and I mean NEVER.

If Sevco are not voted in to SFL1 then the SFA will refuse their registration for this season. They will not play this season and be placed straight in to the larger SPL next season.

You heard it here first.

That's if they still exist. I think a year out will do for them. They may be done for already, come to that - Ibrox maintenance plus all the other overheads, set against, what was it, only 1,000 season tickets sold.

So Albion Rovers think they will be relegated, and Sevco promoted - and this makes them fearful of missing out on the Sevco dollar? FFS. Next thing is we'll have some 2nd Division chairmen telling their managers to make sure they don't win the division this season.... nice mid-table respectability please.... the Sevco boys are on their way, don't want to go up this time.

Not so far fetched. My Dad played for a 'diddy' team in the 60s and the Chairman told the manager to throw promotion from the old Div 2 because it would cost to much to go up,

Edited by killingfloorman

If Sevco are not voted in to SFL1 then the SFA will refuse their registration for this season. They will not play this season and be placed straight in to the larger SPL next season.

You heard it here first.

Small problem..................they will have folded again loooooooooooooooooong afore that could happen. No feckin chance of a year out and still being alive.

That's if they still exist. I think a year out will do for them. They may be done for already, come to that - Ibrox maintenance plus all the other overheads, set against, what was it, only 1,000 season tickets sold.

250 sold I thinklaugh.gif

You heard it here first.

Doesn't that mean that they won't be able to play any games at all?

Small problem..................they will have folded again loooooooooooooooooong afore that could happen. No feckin chance of a year out and still being alive.

Unfortunately i think They'd survive:

No debt

Only essential maintenance of ibrox and Murray park

Skeleton / no staff / no huge wages

Make money from corporate events, weddings tours of ibrox etc

You heard it here first.

1. I suppose there is a slim possibility of that happening, but only if a few more chairmen like yours come out of the woodwork.

2. On second thoughts for every chairman like yours there are 5 or 6 with real integrity so probably not likely to happen.

3. If Rangers dont play this season they will suffer another insolvency event and quite possibly wont be around to play football next season.

4. If they miss a season, and I am being serious here, is there any possibility that there might be a spare place in the leagues next season for them. Kilmarnocks place ?