Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

. . . which would be Sevco.

Albion Rovers are in Division 2: they were close to relegated. If Sevco are in Div3 next season, Rovers may miss them as Sevco get promotion, and Rovers relegated.

This is part of the quandary for some lower league teams: I'm sure Dumbarton have a fear they could miss out of Sevco benefits (whatever thay are) if they don't meet them in Div1 next season.

If this report is Accurate the third paragraph (in bold) shows collusion with the SPL clubs. This stinks.

Proposals put forward to Scottish Football League clubs include a new top tier division of 16 clubs by 2016.

The top flight would expand from 12 to 14 for season 2014-15 and be extended by a further two clubs a year later.

The only proposed change for the coming season would be the introduction of a promotion/relegation play-off between the top two divisions.

Fcuk me, are you Burley in disguise?:huh:

On the subject of lost income. If Albion Rovers were to lose 8% of their income from not having Airdrie in the league then 92% of their income is not reliant on Airdrie and some of the 8% would be replaced by whatever team they played instead.

Well no. I respect smaller clubs like Stenny and Alloa who make an effort to improve their facilities, reach out to the community and bring through younger players. David Templeton and Greig Spence for example. Rovers do none of that, I think they are very fair game for criticism.

Albion Rovers are in Division 2: they were close to relegated. If Sevco are in Div3 next season, Rovers may miss them as Sevco get promotion, and Rovers relegated.

This is part of the quandary for some lower league teams: I'm sure Dumbarton have a fear they could miss out of Sevco benefits (whatever thay are) if they don't meet them in Div1 next season.

Ever heard the expression: if your Granny had baws she'd be your Grandad ?

If this report is Accurate the third paragraph (in bold) shows collusion with the SPL clubs. This stinks.

Proposals put forward to Scottish Football League clubs include a new top tier division of 16 clubs by 2016.

The top flight would expand from 12 to 14 for season 2014-15 and be extended by a further two clubs a year later.

The only proposed change for the coming season would be the introduction of a promotion/relegation play-off between the top two divisions.

Longmuir's interview starts with him discussing a Memorandum of Understanding between the 3 organisations which is being finalised and which SFL judges on Friday and SPL on Monday, going by his description. So presumably it's been agreed by, at least, the Boards and added to the relevant agendas as "the compromise plan"* with all its final trinkets and gory concessions.

*stich-up

Seems there's talk of a pyramid structure, as well as a more 'fair' distribution of wealth also included in these proposals. I doubt the teams in division 3 will support the pyramid...

So Albion Rovers think they will be relegated, and Sevco promoted - and this makes them fearful of missing out on the Sevco dollar? FFS. Next thing is we'll have some 2nd Division chairmen telling their managers to make sure they don't win the division this season.... nice mid-table respectability please.... the Sevco boys are on their way, don't want to go up this time.

After Frank McAvennie in yesterday's Evening Times blabbering about how Scottish Football needs Rangers oh so bad in the 1st division or the game will die. John Lambie, Alex Neil and George Peat all sing from the same hymn sheet in today's paper. :rolleyes:

Don't take it too seriously. Buy McAvennie a drink in a club wi burdz around him and you can write what you want.

If Alex Neil is the MSP I don't believe he would say anything other than bland 'we want strong teams doing well'

I honestly thought John Lambie had gone to the Big Firhill in the sky. sad.gif

And as for Peat. How many ways can you spell shifty, untrustworthy, devious? ohmy.gif

Seems there's talk of a pyramid structure, as well as a more 'fair' distribution of wealth also included in these proposals. I doubt the teams in division 3 will support the pyramid...

Well if they don't want a pyramid below them - none of them better refer to the SPL as the 'self preservation league' ever again.

Self interest is as much of a problem at the bottom of SFL3 as it is at the top end of the game, sadly.

I think the end result now will be Rangers in SFL3 with no chances to the existing setup financially or setup wise.

Don't take it too seriously. Buy McAvennie a drink in a club wi burdz around him and you can write what you want.

If Alex Neil is the MSP I don't believe he would say anything other than bland 'we want strong teams doing well'

I honestly thought John Lambie had gone to the Big Firhill in the sky. sad.gif

And as for Peat. How many ways can you spell shifty, untrustworthy, devious? ohmy.gif

Nah it was the Hamilton player Alex Neil.

So Albion Rovers think they will be relegated, and Sevco promoted - and this makes them fearful of missing out on the Sevco dollar? FFS. Next thing is we'll have some 2nd Division chairmen telling their managers to make sure they don't win the division this season.... nice mid-table respectability please.... the Sevco boys are on their way, don't want to go up this time.

Pozbaird, I have connections with a Div2 club: this has been discussed at that level.

HibeeJibee is the walking legend for supporting the pyramid structure, through thick and thin.

But even he says this is no time to rush it through just because Rangers/Sevco have shit in their own nest.

Separate it out of what is happening to Sevco, and get it right.

HibeeJibee is the walking legend for supporting the pyramid structure, through thick and thin.

But even he says this is no time to rush it through just because Rangers/Sevco have shit in their own nest.

Separate it out of what is happening to Sevco, and get it right.

You could give it a 5 year plan and it would still get blocked.

I would urge all SPL fans who said NO to newco to write or e-mail their clubs ahead of the SPL meeting on Monday. We need to be as vociferous in our opposition to the proposed introduction of a promotion/relegation play-off between the top two divisions for next season as we were to newco in the SPL.

For Dundee United fans I would remind you that when Stephen Thompson announced the no vote he said he would not go against the wishes of Arabs. The same he made that announcement the Evening Telegraph released a poll saying 95% of United fans wanted newco in the third division. We cannot stand by whilst the SPL changes the rules to shoehorn the remnants of a discredited club into the first division.

We won the first big battle, let's make sure we finish this off.

See how last week Doncaster was trying to make SFL clubs wet themselves in fear, at the game's financial doom? Now we seem to have a situation where (if you trust them) there'll be 3 different size SPLs over 3yrs... and they're relying on Rangers either winning SFL1 next season, or finishing top 4 then winning play-offs.

Is that not a veritable smorgasbord of uncertain financial scenarios running now?

I'd also want to see the structural detail of these expanded SPLs.

Have SPL clubs agreed? Clearly there'll be splits, but will there be EL Play-offs? If so, what format?