Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

After reading the latest proposals about the 14 team top flight and having read Alex Thomson's latest blog where FIFA and UEFA have both basically said "nothing to do with us" (despite the fact that proposals like this go against both FIFA and UEFA policies) it is clear what is about to happen and we cannot stop it.

The authorities are doing everything in their power to shoehorn a team that doesn't even exist right now into a system that will allow them as easy access to the SPL as possible. The integrity of our game is long gone, they do not care. They do not care about us, the paying fans that are supposed to be the lifeblood of the game. I get it, Rangers (new or old) do potentially provide serious financial clout with regards to sponsors etc, BUT they lost the right to flex their muscle when they began cheating and BREAKING THE LAW. Shit the authorities are now even ignoring the Newco fans and staff, even they want the 3rd division.

It pains me so much to potentially walk away from the Scottish game, but I am afraid I am not willing to work hard to earn money to then give it to a system that does not give one iota of a f**k about the fans or integrity, or even just providing a fair a playing field as possible.

Can't be bothered with the dragging on anymore, just do what you want to do SPL/SFA/SFL (three authorities, what a joke), and it means I can make my decision a bit quicker, I have season ticket money sitting here doing nothing that I can spend on other things.

Good Rangers posters on P&B

Knightswood Bear

Huistrinho

No 8 (personality 1)

Bad Rangers posters on P&B

The rest

No 8 (personality 2)

T_S_A_R

Fixed that for you

I think that's about it.

Oh goody, a season or 2 of 14 teams in the top league.

That's exactly how I'm reading it.....before the "we must have best versus best" line gets dragged out and end up with a top tier of 10teams. mad.gif

How many clubs might change their minds now that 14-team SPL is on-the-table?

Falkirk previously made accomodating noises, albeit nothing more.

Anyone obvious candidates to turncoat?

The clubs most likely to benefit are the clubs who were already in the "undecided" category - Falkirk, Partick Thistle & Hamilton. I can't see the likes of Raith, Cowdenbeath, Livingston or Morton being swayed by this, though I could be wrong.

Bit of an update for you, Rangers died in June. One of the two clubs who cultivated sectarian culture for commercial gain.

This new venture is, rightly, being attempted to float. It should do so from the 3rd Division, after membership approval.

Thank f**k, I thought I was the only one who saw that. The way the media and the Orcs continue to refer to a club that no longer exists is baffling, it takes denial to a whole new level.

"No but a club and a company are different" etc.

Maybe if we all chip in, we can raise some cash for a whole page advertisement in the DR etc, saying "Rangers are dead, deal with it"

Assuming it's the model advocated in the mid-2000s by Rangers director John McClelland and more recently revived by Peter Lawell... clubs would play 2x = 26 games, then split into Top 6 (2x more = 36 games) or Bottom 8 (2x more = 40 games).

It'd be interesting to see if more than 1-up-1-down is proposed.

EDIT: Also, this surely confirms that SPL clubs are involved, not just Doncaster?

He can't personally change the SPL format.

How does a bottom 8 avoid "meaningless games", especially if 1-up-1-down is retained??

That's exactly how I'm reading it.....before the "we must have best versus best" line gets dragged out and end up with a top tier of 10teams. mad.gif

Dare ye contradict Craig Levein :o?

How does a bottom 8 avoid "meaningless games", especially if 1-up-1-down is retained??

McClelland proposed European Play-offs, e.g. 4th-7th or 3rd-8th.

I'd have 1-up-1-down + interdivisional play-offs.

Edited by HibeeJibee

After reading the latest proposals about the 14 team top flight and having read Alex Thomson's latest blog where FIFA and UEFA have both basically said "nothing to do with us" (despite the fact that proposals like this go against both FIFA and UEFA policies) it is clear what is about to happen and we cannot stop it.

The authorities are doing everything in their power to shoehorn a team that doesn't even exist right now into a system that will allow them as easy access to the SPL as possible. The integrity of our game is long gone, they do not care. They do not care about us, the paying fans that are supposed to be the lifeblood of the game. I get it, Rangers (new or old) do potentially provide serious financial clout with regards to sponsors etc, BUT they lost the right to flex their muscle when they began cheating and BREAKING THE LAW. Shit the authorities are now even ignoring the Newco fans and staff, even they want the 3rd division.

It pains me so much to potentially walk away from the Scottish game, but I am afraid I am not willing to work hard to earn money to then give it to a system that does not give one iota of a f**k about the fans or integrity, or even just providing a fair a playing field as possible.

Can't be bothered with the dragging on anymore, just do what you want to do SPL/SFA/SFL (three authorities, what a joke), and it means I can make my decision a bit quicker, I have season ticket money sitting here doing nothing that I can spend on other things.

All through this debate we have had times when we are convinced that somehow there will be unthinkable concessions made to accommodate the forces of evil but at every stumbling block common sense and justice have prevailed. Have faith in the individuals who are actually making the decisions for they have won through for us every time, they can see the shenanigans being played out before them as well as we can, we are the diddies, we are the people, we will not be conned by Cockwomble and his cronies.

SFL clubs hear proposal for top tier of 14 clubs

Lame attempt to buy off a few ambitious 1st Division clubs. Surely can't have a serious effect on the outcome of the vote.

Mmm ... there's nothing to stop this happening with Sevco in the Third !

edited to add: and basically this proposal, with its three promotion places, is just another way of helping out Sevco !

Edited by Ned Nederlander

SSN carried a typically superficial report from outside Hampden not long ago which headlined on the fact that a decision between Dundee and Dunfermline has been put back to Monday.

When they got on to the important stuff, the story seemed to be the one about top flight expansion that the BBC are carrying.

From their article, it needs to be discovered what exactly are the voting arrangements for Friday and what exactly are the bribes on offer to let Newco in the first? The Sky guy seemd to think that the bribes might even make those who had declared, change their tunes, without exploring what the bribes were. Why a slightly expanded top flight would sway teams like Berwick and Clyde, I've no idea, but that seemed to be the gist.

I'd also be keen to know if the stuff going to clubs tonight contains further threats, after the previous ones have been so discredited.

With what's in today's red-tops, I think we have to up our efforts further to lobby our clubs to do the right thing. That is to admit Newco (if at all) to the bottom tier. The lack of morality inherent in these bribes means we shouldn't play this game, even if some of the things on offer might seem desirable.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23906004/

Dunno if this has been posted but this article epitomises everything I hate about The Daily Record, the Scottish media in general, the Old Firm and their two cheeks same arse-ness and their disgusting delusions of self importance.

If that's how he goes about his daily life, spouting shyte, with a total disregard for people who actually care about things rather than having a selfish agenda, and slagging off guys who run their club on a sound financial plan, it's no surprise he has nae front teeth.

All through this debate we have had times when we are convinced that somehow there will be unthinkable concessions made to accommodate the forces of evil but at every stumbling block common sense and justice have prevailed. Have faith in the individuals who are actually making the decisions for they have won through for us every time, they can see the shenanigans being played out before them as well as we can, we are the diddies, we are the people, we will not be conned by Cockwomble and his cronies.

I admire your optimism, I really do. However, I think it was on sportsound last week that someone said that the votes and wishes of the people could very well just be ignored completely and newco forced into div 1. Whats to stop them?

As far as I can gather, a LOT of the dust seems to have settled in the minds of fans. Sadly, there are far too many supporters stating "I cant give up seeing my team", more than a few weeks ago. The governing bodies know this. I hope I'm wrong.

At this rate Doncaster & Co will be scouring the darker parts of Glasgow on Thursday night rounding up hookers as a last resort.

"Vote Sevco into the 1st and we'll offer a top 14 with maybe some promotion into it once in a while, plus head from one of these lovely ladies."

Might need to have an alternative for our rep, though.