Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

rangers media the gift that keeps on giving

rich arabs

No not those dirty arabs.

See Nottingham Forest have been bought by a rich kuwaiti family.

Why the helll didn't duff and phelps get them interested in rangers. Much bigger club and prouder history.

I just wonder whom were Duff and Phelps looking after given they knocked back a higher verbal bid than Charles Green's bid. Did they even try and sell our club to the money men in the middle east.

Christ on a bike, the stupid morons chased off a Yank that expressed an interest in their now extinct cabal, can you imagine the furore if Arabs had tried to take control.

Here's how I see it: • FIFA/UEFA not interested in intervening and leaving it ll to SPL/SFA • delay in decision about Dundee/ Dunfermline going into SPL • previously stated determination of authorities to put 'Rangers' into Div 1 and nothing less • legal authorities (apparently) turning a blind eye to the efforts to continue Rangers, as was, as if nothing had happened (the name, claim to history, colours, etc) despite upcoming liquidation • determination of Newco to play fast and loose with players' rights to refuse transfer to Newco • pushing the boundaries at every turn, and so on... All points to NuRangers being put slap bang into Div 1 regardless of vote on Friday OR indeed SPL. This to be done as a fait-accomplit on the basis that once it's done it will be very hard to undo and the resentment/ rebellion created will (they hope) quickly die down and it will be Status Quo (and I don't mean at The Apollo).

I saw Quo at the Apollo, Blue For You tour, majic!

Let us all acknowledge that Sevco Scotland Ltd will have no professional team plying in any division of the senior game in Scotland, England, Ireland or anywhere else.

1 They are out of time

2 They do not have a squad to assure completing a full season.

3 They have not shown sufficient funds to operate as a football club

4 Lots of other shit I can't recall just now

It's smoke and mirrors as the authorities shite themselves that the model of finance based on really poor TV and commercial sponsor deals will mean the end of their tenure.

Just like Killie's chairman shat all over his chance of a blazer last week.

thumbup2.gif

Has there been any confirmation if the changes are dependant on Sevco being in SFL1? I'm assuming it will be even if its not implied. Additionally will the SFL be able to vote for changes but still ship Sevco to the third?

Yes, these are my questions too.

The promise of leagues with sizes and timescales seems to have very quickly been replaced by a vow to definitely have some meetings in November. The link between even this tame thing happening and the admission of Rangers at whatever level is not explicit.

And what do clubs get to vote on exactly this Friday? Is the vote still on admitting them at all, followed by a board decision on which division? Or does Longmuir's claim that clubs can do what they like, mean that the decision regarding which division Newco enter, is in their hands?

I know it's unfair to expect you to have all these answers HJ, but if you don't, please make something up.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I remember a long time back the jokes etc of this thread reaching 1690 pages and even 2012.

2721 pages FFS, and there's still life in them. The people that run the game are so out of touch with those that watch it that it's not even funny any more. They can obviously see everything we do, but have a vastly different agenda. If this was a country the UN would be watching closely, unlike 'nothing to do with us' UEFA and FIFA.

How much more corruption and shady deals can our game take. After the fun, jokes, gifs have passed I'm now really hacked off with this all, the solutions are simple, but those making decisions have more faces than a town clock.

rant over.

Back to the humour and serious discussion .... continue.

Hmm...

Raman Bhardwaj@STVRaman Another SFL chairman, whose club is undecided re vote, reckons proposals have ''significantly reduced chances of us voting newco in Div 1''

Interesting... Maybe a club who'd sell-out for expanded SPL but aren't satisfied by just the formation of a committee? A smaller club scared by the pyramid element? Or finally sick of carrots and sticks?

Fair point made further up the thread; how can Sevco guaruntee fixtures? Will they have to pay a bond up front? Last couple of times it's been in doubt, the club in question was relegated to the 3rd!

Depends on whether or not the SFL deem the bung Sevco give them acceptable.

Am I right in thinking they're voting to decide what league to put sevco in on Friday, when there won't be a vacancy until they decide on Monday who goes into SPL ? Or is there an option not to put sevco into any league ?

Am I right in thinking they're voting to decide what league to put sevco in on Friday, when there won't be a vacancy until they decide on Monday who goes into SPL ? Or is there an option not to put sevco into any league ?

Rules don't explicitly say you must be accepted into a division in order to be accepted into membership. David Longmuir admitted it was a "leap of faith", insofar as SPL won't vote on inviting someone or anyone until Monday, while SFL will be voting on Friday.

A 'No' vote to Resolution 1 means Sevco don't play in the SFL. I hope it goes that way and the we get to watch Regan and Doncaster shit themselves. :lol: