Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Cambuslang Rangers, Albion Rovers and Kelty Hearts is their arranged schedule so far, take your pick which is the glamour one - I'm not even making that up, it's the truth! :lol:

Oh how the mighty have fallen, I am sure this is to get the club off to a winning start (possibly)!!!! Great way to christen a club.

Oh how the mighty have fallen, I am sure this is to get the club off to a winning start (possibly)!!!! Great way to christen a club.

I understand all these 3 friendlies are aways - I wonder is Sally's got hotels sorted out yet for the squad to assemble in the night before????????

1.I think I've covered most of what you refer to in my earlier posts today, but I'll add a couple of comments. I don't claim that there wasn't a "signing policy", but there were a good 30 or so Catholics in the Rangers team (a couple signed directly from Celtic) before MoJo. That's a matter of record.

2.The club has undeniably been a focal point for bigots, but this has visibly reduced in last 25 or so years I've been going to matches. Like I said, some people are morons.

3.I support the team - I despise the bigots. I hoped to see it change. If Sevco amounts to anything (I have my doubts), I'd hope to be part of the change if I decide to support them. As I said, it's not intrinsic to the club - just because you don't know much of the club's history before 1920, doesn't mean you get to ignore it in a debate. As for my morals, I have twice today discussed the conflict I feel - mark my morals as dubious if you wish.

4.You might call me thick, but bigotry isn't the product of Rangers, rather it, and other nasty characteristics such as racism and homophobia are the problems of society and will always find some way to manifest (I'll leave out glory-hunting, as any individual or team achieving success is affected by that problem). With Rangers dead, and if Sevco amounts to nothing the same people will pop up somewhere else with their bile. I hope none of them attach themselves to your club.

5.We both agree that bigotry was exploited by former governors of the club for commercial gain but I repeat my view that it is not intrinsic to the club, and hasn't been part of the governance in the time I've been following football.

6.I know not everyone respects my views, and plenty deal only in absolutes, and that's fine. I was asked some pages back to explain why I came to support Rangers and I did so. Whether anyone agrees or disagrees with my explanation doesn't make my explanation untrue and I'll put it to bed here so we can get back to talking about the issues at hand. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue conversing.

1. And how many Catholics have played for Killie? How many Muslims have turned out for Hibs? How many Jews have starred for Partick? I don't know, and I'll bet nobody else does. Only ONE club has fans who can name the couple of dozen or so players which they feel gets them off the bigot hook. Seriously, what do you think that says about rangers?

2. I would say the exact opoosite, if only for the publicity gained from UEFA warnings, fines and punishments. The singing at ibrox when Killie beat them (again) last season wasn't very nice, eitherwink.gif

3. Good Luck (seriously) with Sevco. If you can keep the knuckledraggers away, not only does that get rid of one cheek, the others will have nobody to point and whatabout when they f**k up.

4. Please don't pretend rangers are blameless. Yes, the human race will always despise "the Other", but rangers actively sought to act as a beacon for protestant supremacy. Now they're dead, let's hope Sevco can contribute to the national game. With the noises about "history", though, I'm not holding my breath.

5. Sorry, that's nonsense.

6. Fair play, you've set out your reasons. I don't agree with a lot of what you've said. Also fair, I reckon. And where bigotry and hatred are concerned, it is black and white for me. I want rangers (to stay) dead, and if celtic do not accelerate change, then I won't mourn for them either.

Can anyone confirm if an amendment to either proposal (1) or (2) has been lodged before Friday`s vote?

If they get a majority vote on proposal (1) as it stands then I think cockwomble and the gang have won the day.

Proposal (1) that SFL members agree to admit Sevco as an assoc member and agree to permit Rangers to play in the league during the coming season.

On the basis that this will be done sequentially and assuming they get the required 50% of the votes they move on to ......

Proposal (2) that the SFL members direct their board to provide thet Rangers play in SFL3 in the coming season unless the board shall have reached agreement with the SPL and FA regarding inducements whereupon the board shall be authorised to provide for Rangers to play in SFL1.

As it stands I don`t see that they can fail to vote for proposal (2) if they pass proposal (1). No matter how I read it, it still turns out the same way. They can either refuse them league entry or they go into SFL.1.

Can anyone reasonably expect a majority for refusing them entry into the SFL? If this vote goes ahead unamended then it`s a done deal. Cockwomble wins, sevco in SFL1 and my club only has vague promises of reconstruction by way of consolation.

Either proposal (1) is amended to make it clear that only SFL3 is an option or proposal (2) is amended to take the decision out of the hands of the SFL board and put in the hands of the individual clubs to be passed on a majority vote.

I might be about to embarrass myself with this question but has the transfer ban not been lifted?

I noticed Charles Green saying he will accept the ban if it starts on August 1st, but surely after the court of session ruling the ban is off the table altogether?

Here's how I see it: • FIFA/UEFA not interested in intervening and leaving it ll to SPL/SFA • delay in decision about Dundee/ Dunfermline going into SPL • previously stated determination of authorities to put 'Rangers' into Div 1 and nothing less • legal authorities (apparently) turning a blind eye to the efforts to continue Rangers, as was, as if nothing had happened (the name, claim to history, colours, etc) despite upcoming liquidation • determination of Newco to play fast and loose with players' rights to refuse transfer to Newco • pushing the boundaries at every turn, and so on... All points to NuRangers being put slap bang into Div 1 regardless of vote on Friday OR indeed SPL. This to be done as a fait-accomplit on the basis that once it's done it will be very hard to undo and the resentment/ rebellion created will (they hope) quickly die down and it will be Status Quo (and I don't mean at The Apollo).

I saw them there in the 70s - cracking gig, with "bouncy balcony" fun!

Surely in a game of Big Club Top Trumps, 2 European Cups would mean that club is bigger than a team that has won 0 European Cups?

More delusion from SevcoMedia.

And the City Ground would trump the local park, and a full squad would trump Elbows and the Teenagers.....

Oh, and the club cat would trump McMoist on tactics, self-awareness, fidelity, integrity, and communication skills....

I might be about to embarrass myself with this question but has the transfer ban not been lifted?

I noticed Charles Green saying he will accept the ban if it starts on August 1st, but surely after the court of session ruling the ban is off the table altogether?

The SFA can impose any terms and conditions that they wish when transferring membership. This is completely different from the previous process that administered a ban where this was not within their power. The SFA have stated that they expect Sevco to pay off the football debts and accept the punishments applied to the member that was Rangers.

The story is that he's offered to accept the ban on a voluntary basis to avoid any risk of the Appellate Tribunal being reconvened instead and possibly coming up with a suspension. As you mention, the offer is August 2012-August 2013, so I'm presuming they're planning on getting Black and others on the books sharpish under this scenario.

Not an official statement, but Arbroath had a supporters club meeting the night, and a member of the board was there.

http://boards.footym...60503#p33023144

Whew!

Could any of the good chaps who've been compiling "running totals" of ayes 'n naws say how many clubs have, through statements or official's comments, confirmed they're "No"?

The story is that he's offered to accept the ban on a voluntary basis to avoid any risk of the Appellate Tribunal being reconvened instead and possibly coming up with a suspension. As you mention, the offer is August 2012-August 2013, so I'm presuming they're planning on getting Black and others on the books sharpish under this scenario.

So effectively can you ban us from signing players after we've errr signed players?

The SFA can impose any terms and conditions that they wish when transferring membership. This is completely different from the previous process that administered a ban where this was not within their power. The SFA have stated that they expect Sevco to pay off the football debts and accept the punishments applied to the member that was Rangers.

So are Rangers asked to accept it or telt?

So effectively can you ban us from signing players after we've errr signed players?

Aye, it's akin to a judge letting you attend a jailbreaking course, before belatedly sending you to prison.

Also someone mentioned Rangers pre-season, it's currently:

Sat 21st July... Hawick Royal Albert (A), Albion Rovers (H?)

Tue 24th July... Arniston Rangers (A)

Wed 25th July... Kelty Hearts (A)

Sat 28th July... Cambuslang Rangers (A), Muirkirk (A)

Tue 31st July... Beith (A)

Some big-hitters in there.

Also someone mentioned Rangers pre-season, it's currently:

Some big-hitters in there.

Leaving aside those double bookings, has someone pointed-out to them that the 1st round of the Challenge Cup is on 28 July????

Edited by Claymores