Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

John Swinney@Johnswinney11@alextomo Neil Doncaster (2011): "I think those who want 16 teams in the top flight are deluding themselves." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9338483.stm

Retweeted by alex thomson Expand Collapse

Excuse my ignorance but whats happening with the BIG tax case and the EBTs?

Is that nothing to do with Sevco given that they're a 'new' club or can the HMRC etc still go after them?

The Big tax case cannot be pinned on Sevco - they are a completely new company that happens to own the assets of the old one. It is however still ongoing, though things very quiet. Channel 4 News Alex Thompson has been chasing HMRC and Ministry of Justice but getting nowhere.

[/url]

I have quite a few Gers mates and some family Gers fans from the wife's side. Out of a good dozen one is a bigot for sure. However the other 11 are just your average guy/ lassie Have never in my life heard any of them speak bad of other religions. I have heard them slag Celtic off but never in an offensive religions. I'm quite sure many on here know Gers fans the same. That club has it's element but I'm would say you are being narrow minded to class all the same.

Multiquote not working, but I'll repy to this as if to all those who I've got perfectly fair replies from (and a wee bit of abuse from xbl, but that's par for the course...)

Sorry if I've ruffled a few feathers, and yes, I get where Huistrinho and others are coming from. Unfortunately, I don't agree with their viewpoint in this case.

One of the things I really don't miss about not living in Scotland anymore is the question you're regularly asked within five minutes of an introduction - my answer was "St. Joseph's", which led half of the questioners to believe I was fully conversant with eight hundred years of British oppression, and possibly good for a few quid "for the cause"; and the other half to categorise me as a subhuman. My surname didn't help either. biggrin.gif

I refuse to accept that any sentient being (at least in Scotland) isn't aware of celtic and rangers' values and what they represent to their "tiny minority" of bigoted fans. Therefore, I do not accept that you can follow either without tacitly condoning their attitude.

For my entire life celtic and rangers have operated as a business partnership and promoted their "unique traditions" in a grotesque balancing act which has sought to present themselves as battling against the bigotry, while making sure they wring the last penny out of the bigot purse. Neither of them have EVER made a concerted effort to clean up the bile that their fans spout at every ground they visit. Every successive disgrace has been the act of a "minority", both clubs want to "represent Scotland" in Europe, but have an aversion to the Saltire and Lion Rampant at their own grounds, both clubs display an arrogance and entitlement which is abhorrent to me.

The actions and statements from those representing rangers throughout this sorry affair have been disgraceful and, in McCoist and Jardine's cases, deserve prosecution through the courts. It is almost as if they're having a competition for the most obnoxious club spokesman in Scotland - and to be fair, Lennon set that particular bar pretty fucking high last year.

Obviously, moral high ground is at a premium for Killie fans at the minute, with the actions of our chairman upsetting us as well as much, and probably more, as they have other fans. Most of the posters on here have made the distinction between his actions and the feelings of the fans. Believe me, that is appreciated. Funnily enough, most of the derogatory replies I've received and abuse I've had to field, has come from fans of two teams (three, if you count T_S_A_R, but come on....). I am still conflicted over whether I have had it with the Scottish game, as this whole saga has been completely shameful, with integrity in short supply from any source. I hope the SFL clubs can finish the whole thing in the right way on Friday, but I'm afraid the corruption evident in all the governing bodies, and the reluctance to punish in ANY form the biggest case of malfeasance the game has ever seen, might well be the last straw. It's root and branch reform or nowt for me, I'm afraid.

All in all, if Killie had committed as many offences against the game and the law, I would be ashamed. I would not try and justify their actions. I would not threaten, bully and whine that my (now dead, rememberwink.gif) club should get re-instated above honest teams like Spartans, Cove, and the rest.

I would walk away.

But hey, apparently principles shouldn't count.

p.s. Just a point raised earlier - I would be all in favour of two sanctions suggested earlier: play in green and no mention of "rangers". Just imagine the conflict distorting their faces!

Another pathetic attempt to coerce SFL clubs into voting for Sevco. Go f**k yourself, Doncaster.

Anyway, I had a look through the Interim Report to Creditors. Few things jumped out, some aren't particularly interesting but just made me laugh. Like this:

Offer 6 – Sevco

5.38 Consideration of £8.25m on successful implementation ofa CVA contingent upon Champions

League participation during the next three seasons. Shouldthe CVA fail, a binding agreement to

purchase the business, history and assets of the Club for£5.5m using a newly incorporated

company. Trading the Club whilst a CVA was proposed was tobe funded utilising future revenue

and football debtor monies, as appropriate.

Purchase the history, fucking chancers. laugh.gif

Also, do administrators actually have a right to make a legally binding agreement like that, meaning that creditors will lose out if a higher bid for the assets is made at a later date?

Spoilered the next bit because it's fairly big:

10.5 A successful sale of the business, history and assets of the Company was achieved by the Joint

Administrators despite the large number of complexities introduced by various stakeholders in the

Club. It should also be noted that as a consequence of these complexities the Joint Administrators

are satisfied that a sale of the business was achieved in a timely manner.

10.6 The Joint Administrators successfully negotiated Playing Staff salary reductions of up to 75%

which enabled sufficient time to deal with the issues facing the Club as they arose and ultimately

led to a successful sale. This cost reduction allowed the Club to survive financially whilst the

bidding process progressed.

10.7 The Joint Administrators were also able to defeat a claim from Ticketus which could otherwise

have resulted in the Club recommencing trading in the new season carrying a legacy debt in

excess of £27m.

10.8 Following the SFA disciplinary hearing the Joint Administrators successfully challenged the

Transfer Embargo which would also have been extremely damaging for the Club.

10.9 The history and spirit of the Club have been preserved by the sale which completed on 14 June

2012 and it is now the responsibility of the new owners to secure its future.

Well I'm sure the creditors are absolutely fucking delighted by all of that. You've ensured a return of absolutely f**k all for them, but hey, you overturned a transfer embargo which would have been damaging for the club which have conned them out of their money, cut wages to such a great extent that there was still a shortfall of just under £4 million throughout the administration period and continue to play along with the media delusion that the club still exists despite the fact they're being liquidated. Great job.

The proposals looks all singing and dancing, but is the entire thing conditional on allowing Sevco in? For instance if we all vote NO will that mean the status quo will remain? Another thing getting on my tits is the unnecessary delay. Why wait until sodding 2015 to get a 16 team league. Do it now and stop being all w**k about it!

Edited by GunnerBairn

is it about time to lay out the battle groups as they curently stand?

I make it ----------------------Pro-Sevco Doncaster, Regan, Longmuir, Stenhousemuir, Dumbarton

Anti-Sevco Everybody else except Jim Ballantyne

Any better picture?

Er, no, not quite.

Please see an extract from the SonsTrust web page yesterday:

MEMBERS of the Scottish Football League are meeting tomorrow, for the second time this week, to discuss further details of evolving proposals about resolving the Newco situation at Friday’s extra general meeting. Despite a number of reports, condemnations and claims to the contrary, Dumbarton FC’s board have not publicly declared a voting position yet – though they have acknowledged the result of the poll at the recent DFC stakeholders’ meeting, and understand the depth of feeling of those who take a different view.

On Sunday 8th July a statement on the official Club website confirmed that “Dumbarton’s directors aim to stay closely in touch with developments that may yet effect the final outcome.”

What was shared at Saturday’s consultation was the information presented to all SFL representatives by the governing authorities last week – not a ‘Club position’.

The aim was to ensure that Trust members, season ticket holders and shareholders could receive the same basic information about what has been on the table as SFL Club reps, and to have the chance to express an opinion as to which of available options would be better (or “least worst”, as most see it) in terms of consequences for Dumbarton FC and others.

However, we understand that SFL negotiations remain ongoing, and important questions that have been raised about financial figures (including the settlement agreement between the SPL and the SFL, contingent on commercial agreements) are being investigated closely.

The Sonstrust also understands that a further DFC Board statement will be made before the SFL meeting. Meantime, the Club’s directors are wanting to ensure that the proposals that will finally be considered at Friday’s SFL meeting, and the determinable “facts on the ground”, are as clear as possible before making their full position known.

Happy to help. Can post a link if you don't believe it. Looks like we're undecided as yet, despite a "reluctant ballot in favour" by those present at last Saturday's meeting.

Dear SFL Members

Please find enclosed some magic beans. We'll be round for your cow on Friday morning.

Yours in Sport

Stewart, Neil and Derek

PS Lunch is on us.

Dear Renegan, Cockwomble and Longnose,

Thanks, but we've had enough Minty Moonbeans as it is to last us a lifetime.

Please find enclosed the contents of the cat's litter tray from last night for your breakfast.

Yours in Sport,

Vladimir Romanov.

Buying a clubs history is utter nonsense.

If history is an asset which can be bought and sold, then what would happen if an individual person bought it? Would that person then have cheated their way to a few titles?

You get to have 5 stars on your shirt.

The Big tax case cannot be pinned on Sevco - they are a completely new company that happens to own the assets of the old one. It is however still ongoing, though things very quiet. Channel 4 News Alex Thompson has been chasing HMRC and Ministry of Justice but getting nowhere.

My understanding of it is HMRC will turn it to Murray to try and get their money back. They arent however finished with rangers and I think as soon as they are in league and start making money again they will make their move. Put it this way you havent heard the last of the traynor, mccoist etc bleating about getting dealt with harshly.

And to think it didnt even have to come to this if they had just made a deal with HMRC instead of telling them to ram it.

And anyone that can only see the worst case scenario really shouldn't be involved in sport.

Quite agree. Mind you, it depends where you set the bar - for an A*r fan, even getting pumped by Killie isn't that bad a result as long as it doesn't rain and the pies are warm! biggrin.gif

FFS, can this lot no' die so we can get back to takin the piss out of each other again? This diddy solidarity is really messing with my qi - especially the fact that some of the best posters on here follow that mob from the wrong side of Symington....

Now for the last time - gaunnae swap chairmen? Just gaunnae, pleeeaaaasseee?

Dear Renegan, Cockwomble and Longnose,

Thanks, but we've had enough Minty Moonbeans as it is to last us a lifetime.

Please find enclosed the contents of the cat's litter tray from last night for your breakfast.

Yours in Sport,

Vladimir Romanov.

Re you reply to our offer viz a viz your cow. We'll still be coming for it on Friday regardless of your decision not to take up our kind offer of some magic beans.

We will leave you another cow that looks a bit like the one we're taking. It's a bit smaller but it'll be enough for poor people.

The big cow will be retained for use of the rich people.

See you Friday

Ciao

It has got to the stage where they really have nowhere to go at all now if you ask me. A couple of questions, please indulge me.

1 - The Ramsdens Cup starts in 3 weeks. Can they fulfill a fixture before the end of July?

2 - Given the press interest on their first day of training, are the same number of players still turning up every day? If that don't get more players in, can they fulfill a fixture before the end of July?

3 - Other than going fishing and attending film premieres, what is their manager doing?

4 - How many season tickets have they actually sold?

5 - Can they pay their wage bill, even with a threadbare squad, given the money it costs to keep Ibrox running?

6 - Who else is actually in Mr Green's consortium? That has never actually been established, has it?

7 - How are their hospitality packages selling? I was at the Liverpool game in 2008 in Club Europe. Had a cracking day.

8 - Who is their glamour friendly with this summer then, Linfield?

To sum up....

Doncaster's worst case scenario. Surely his worst case scenario should feature complete annihilation of sporting spirit and the crumbling of integrity left within a game that has been choked by social/political vandals?

8 - Who is their glamour friendly with this summer then, Linfield?

Cambuslang Rangers, Albion Rovers and Kelty Hearts is their arranged schedule so far, take your pick which is the glamour one - I'm not even making that up, it's the truth! :lol:

(PS - can we add those 3 to any boycott list :D and does this mean Albion Rovers will be voting in Sevco's favour on Friday?!)

Edited by Claymores

Not an official statement, but Arbroath had a supporters club meeting the night, and a member of the board was there.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=19&fid=34&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114460503#p33023144

Gary Callon, the club secretary, attended tonite's supporters meeting and gave an assurance that the club rep at the forthcoming sfl general meeting would vote for Sevco to play in division three. It is now down to those other clubs who have not yet declared to make the decision final. Gary explained that the board had felt under a tremendous amount of pressure, but in the end they had decided to vote on 'moral' rather than financial grounds.

Whew!