Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

:lol:

From memory, for a lot of years we used to play Aberdeen on derby day. The OF and Hearts v Hibs were on the same day, but we didn't often play United on actual "general" derby day. Though i'm talking largely pre 1998 here.

That's the way it was up until 1976 - it probably stemmed from the fact that DU "only" got promoted in 59/60, and were probably not expected to survive too long, so the Dons v Dee New Years Day derby just continued. We used to play Saints on the 2nd, when, I presume, the Dundee derby took place.

Didnt he say at the time that the £2 would make a 200% profit for Whyte? unsure.gif

Yeah, I remember posting something along the lines 'this is just the sort of guy Rangers needs to be buying them'.

In fairness to Charlie Green, he started off badly and went downhill from there. :lol:

They have the Celtic precedent to go on, a coach load of fresh faced youths should go down well in some the remoter parts of Scottish football..ph34r.gif

They like a bit of fresh meat in the hills so they do.laugh.gif

Enjoy your Billy Connolly tour of Scotland ya fuckwits

Someone quoted the running costs of Ibrox as just over £1m per month. If the actual figure is anything like that, they would surely struggle in the 3rd.

It was quoted in the media that the running costs alone for Ibrox and Murray park was around £15 million a year,that's just the building,non playing staff and training facilities and youth squad.

The reduced ticket prices in the 3rd division are a catastrophe to a club the size of Rangers/newco,even if they sell out every home game they are still possibly running at a loss.

Expect Murray park to be punted to cover ? can't think straight off ! but around £5 million will be saved from the budget if it was to be sold off.Even with Murray park gone they will still struggle to stay afloat.

Even sponsorship money becomes reduced to the Ibrox club at 3rd division pricing.

All clubs in the 3rd are part time and the orc fans will expect full time players,these players will expect at least around 1st division wages because this is a big club with aspirations of SPL footy.

In a nutshell ! the newco will in all probability hit the buffers before the season is done.

Listened to Talksport for a few minutes there while I was in the car.

Durham & Gough genuinely do believe that the entire Scottish game is now facing collapse... 5 top-tier clubs are going to fold... the only reason Rangers weren't kept in SPL / put into SFL1 was due to spite and hate... SFL3 is like public parks... and so on.

Oh, and 'Goughy' - it's Berwick, not Bur-weck, you idiot.

Darren Gough makes Billy Dodds look like Einstein is the brains Dept.

Goughie (proudly asks) - "why was I nicknamed "Rhino" during my playing days?"

Listener - "is it cos your as thick as a Rhino's foreskin ?!"

Durham is just a WUM ginger c**t.

SSN news started by saying that Dundee are to replace Oldco Rangers in the SPL,but say they have not formally accepted it yet.....several minutes later they say the chairman has accepted,now they are back to saying they have not formally accepted.

It's ok SSN,Jim White can easily make a cock of himself without you having to help him laugh.gif

It was quoted in the media that the running costs alone for Ibrox and Murray park was around £15 million a year,that's just the building,non playing staff and training facilities and youth squad.

The reduced ticket prices in the 3rd division are a catastrophe to a club the size of Rangers/newco,even if they sell out every home game they are still possibly running at a loss.

Expect Murray park to be punted to cover ? can't think straight off ! but around £5 million will be saved from the budget if it was to be sold off.Even with Murray park gone they will still struggle to stay afloat.

Even sponsorship money becomes reduced to the Ibrox club at 3rd division pricing.

All clubs in the 3rd are part time and the orc fans will expect full time players,these players will expect at least around 1st division wages because this is a big club with aspirations of SPL footy.

In a nutshell ! the newco will in all probability hit the buffers before the season is done.

In recent times both Livi and Gretna steamrollered up the leagues like sevco are expected too.

The major noticeable difference is both clubs had a rich fella picking up the tab, sevco are fucked

Oh Yes, they are dead now!

Life goes on for us all, apart from the social unrest ( I heard a few bottles been left behind and bin men up early),

But here in Thailand it 's only fireworks today. Early morning boom then again at half two several spurts of bang bang.

I thought it was local as usual, but my mind thought to Rangers Football club hell bless them.

Tomorrow I will awake as normal 0545, have breakfast,kiss my daughter to school and go to work.

Don't you love life

job done ( well once cockwomble and regan resign / sacked)

well done everyone

what an achievement

football is not life and death so this is probably a rubbish analogy

but it reminds me of the way the Egyptians and Libyans came together as a unit making use of social media etc to overthrow the w@nkers in charge.

everyone should be very proud.

COME ON YOU SAINTS

PS division three for this p1sh !!

Has anyone else stopped buying The DR?

For the passed few months I havent bought it as it really was getting sickening reading how much drivel was written about rankers. And I have no intention of ever buying it again.

The circulations of both the DR and Evening Times in Glasgow will take a hammering not only because of what has happened but also with rankers 2.0 in the 3rd division and very little in the way of exclusive stories and star players coming out of Govan. Many fans of the blue persuasion will see no point in buying it if they are consigned to only 2 pages (I doubt they will ever just be a few sentences at the bottom of a page), and many other fans will still be sickened by the rankers love-in.

What are the phone ins on radio going to do without pished rankers fans calling in to moan about something? Will celtic fans pick up the slack?

Still reckon that some serious shit is gonna hit the fan this week.

Edited by PeeTeeJag