Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

“@DEVILSADVOKAT: Rangers football club plc cannot be liquidated without order of Lord Hodge in Court of Session so there is time to put things de jure right”

“@DEVILSADVOKAT: That gives Rangers Football Club Plc about four weeks to rectify the position in meantime no liquidation can occur”

“@DEVILSADVOKAT: MIke Dolan the MD of Duff & Phelps New York has now been served with copy of letter WILL be instituting proceedings in USA the authorities”

I have to show my ignorance here and ask why Stranraer have been promoted.

I've obviously missed something.:blink:

» Scottish Division Three 2011-2012 : Table

ig.gif Final Table Full Home Away P

W D L F A

W D L F A

W D L F A

GD Pt

1 Alloa Athletic 36

23 8 5 70 39

13 4 1 43 13

10 4 4 27 26

+31 77

2 Queen's Park 36

19 6 11 70 48

10 4 4 41 17

9 2 7 29 31

+22 63

3 Stranraer 36

17 7 12 77 57

10 2 6 43 33

7 5 6 34 24

+20 58

because they lost the play off final to Albion Rovers. Losing finalists promoted in event of a club higher up the food chain being liquidated.

Given the fact that they haven't played any friendlies, they don't have a squad and have no time/money to assemble one before next Saturday, what are the chances of them not being able to fulfill the Ramsden Cup match, and what would the consequences of that happening?

To think, they would have been on their trip to Germany next week as well. :D

One major thing that is now required given that we know who is playing where is some clarity on the TV deals. Realistically, it will be a negotiation* and so I don't expect an answer today - but I'd imagine there are more than a few chairmen waiting for some sort of indication and I'm keen to understand the impact on my own club obviously.

*If Sky have read the Powerpoint of Doom, they will know that Doncaster's valuation is £3m of course - so it should quite easy for them dry.gif

“@DEVILSADVOKAT: are hot on white collar crime anyway and in UK Court of Session (Lord Hodge) is siezed of the matter. Soon the complaint is filed in NY”

“@DEVILSADVOKAT: will send copy to Court of Sessions for notification of proceedings in seperate jurisdiction”

“@DEVILSADVOKAT: I had to serve D&P New York as London office were crafty in avoiding receipt of letter so its the same thing VVV”

“@DEVILSADVOKAT: I mean ask yourselves the simple question? WHY avoid legally receiving letter? They gonna get it anyway by recorded tomorrow! But New York”

“@DEVILSADVOKAT: accepted without any problems..I will be sending copy letter also to the District Attorney as "some of the RFC PLC" proceeds went through US”

“@DEVILSADVOKAT: "The 10 page fax you sent through eFax to 12122770176 was successfully transmitted at 2012-07-16 14:33:16 (GMT)." yesss”

1. Hopefully less wet knickers for a while.

2. Nine easy points for United in the coming season.

3. Doncaster and Regan must go for the credibility of scottish football (or at least what is left of it).

:):):)

Edit to add: agree with HJ, let's get on with the football.

But I'm going to miss this thread. :(

Dundee in the top 6 then?cool.gif

"@DEVILSADVOKAT: accepted without any problems..I will be sending copy letter also to the District Attorney as "some of the RFC PLC" proceeds went through US"

"@DEVILSADVOKAT: "The 10 page fax you sent through eFax to 12122770176 was successfully transmitted at 2012-07-16 14:33:16 (GMT)." yesss"

Gotta love Gio.:lol:

Given the fact that they haven't played any friendlies, they don't have a squad and have no time/money to assemble one before next Saturday, what are the chances of them not being able to fulfill the Ramsden Cup match, and what would the consequences of that happening?

To think, they would have been on their trip to Germany next week as well. :D

They won't have any bother fulfilling the fixture, IMO... they've got a good complement of youngsters and those players who have TUPE'd over - and of course even if the "big names" are now going to be let go, there's nothing particularly stopping them playing 1 Ramsdens Cup tie before leaving.

They play Hawick Royal Albert on Saturday then Arniston Rangers on Tuesday and Kelty Hearts on Wednesday, so they'll have got match practice in before facing Brechin.

Whether they'll beat Brechin is another matter.

Edited by HibeeJibee

For the first time ever, Talksport are discussing the SPL afternoon. They are predictably going with the Armageddon line that is being peddled by the MSM.

Darren Gough (for it is he) is suggesting that inviting SPL clubs into round 3 of the FA Cup could "save Scottish football from ruin"

For the first time ever, Talksport are discussing the SPL afternoon. They are predictably going with the Armageddon line that is being peddled by the MSM.

Darren Gough (for it is he) is suggesting that inviting SPL clubs into round 3 of the FA Cup could "save Scottish football from ruin"

Darren Gough WTF does he know about scottish footy???

what a John McVeigh is a titlaugh.gif

Hurray!!! We have won this battle and I will now quite happily swagger to Easter Road, get my season ticket and my new Hibs top.

BUT let's not stop there. One down, one to go.

We still have to rearrange the voting system, television shares and league winners shares.

It's nice to know we probably have a 3 year window at least for this to come to fruition: but the following must be done:

Voting System: All decisions require a 7-5 majority. This will forever end the chance of 2 teams voting for their own sake and noone elses. It also stops a chance in the future for example of 2 ggow and 2 edinburgh clubs doing this, making the voting system genuinely represent what the majority want.

Television rights: ALL television money is equally distributed to all 12 teams. No matter how many games your team is involved in, equality is key to spread quality throughout the league.

League prize money: Sure, have incentives to finish higher, but the current gap between 1&2nd then the rest is a flipping joke. We need much smoother winnings for league positions.

Let's go for the juggular.

Well done the SPL chairman.