Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The penny has been dropping for a looooooooooong time, but mibbe, jist mibbe, they're starting to get the big picture, particularly regarding potential (lack) of playing staff, if SFA insist embargo is a necessary requirement for membership. Perhaps Mr Hateley's vision :blink: of 4-in-a-row is starting to fade. Any guesses on how long their expulsion to the wilderness (no disrepect meant, wee diddies) of Div 3 would last if that penalty is applied?

Fwiw I'll be amazed if they complete four games in a row!

I can't see how Jim Traynor can possibly retain any reputation he may have had as a journalist. The Record has been wrong from day one of this saga. I guess it just shows people read the Record to read what they want to. Which appears to be Alex Bedoya in his pants.

Poor use of the word 'retain'.

I'm surprised that none of the long-term Orc unemployed have approached Chuck with offers of voluntary work. Things like general cleaning, grass cutting and putting the dustsheets over the seats in 3 stands could be carried out for free. They could then "bank" their voluntary hours towards the cost of an ST once ZombieH*ns are back in the top flight.

Jist a thought. :unsure:

That's such a "diddy" thing to do.

Too sensible and practical by half.

Having said that, we don't know that they haven't offered.

Edited by cyderspaceman

expats tend to embrace somewhat archic ultra traditional stereotypes that thy wouldn't necessarily go for back home with the same regularity. I obviously would tend to think Celtic supporters in the US are even farther from the stereotype because I happen to be one, but really, you're wrong here.

I assume you are kidding.

Ex-pat Celtic fans couldn't be more stereotypically dense when it comes to nostalgic garbage about an Ireland that never existed other than in their own tiny minds, and all the sepia-tinged romanticised visions that entails, which Celtic, despite being a Scottish club, seem weirdly part of.

The ferries don't go to Stranraer anymore and I think all buses to rail connections (certainly from Stena) tie in with trains from Ayr. It's a long walk from the Cairnryan terminals to Stranraer itself.

Not for a Belfast Orangeman it wouldn't be - mind you, maybe not every fortnight!

Now that the leagues are sorted out, the SFA seem to be really turning the screw. I think this was always likely to happen, but only now do we see the magnitude of the shit pile they've got flying at them.

The Record readership will have the memory of a goldfish....

I doubt they could tell you anything that was said in the paper from day to day.

Unless the paper does the classic "First for exclusives - We told you 7 days ago that X was about to happen".

We also told you that L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, Y & Z were going to happen, but forget about them and look at the big shiny pictures.

Not for a Belfast Orangeman it wouldn't be - mind you, maybe not every fortnight!

It's a seriously long walk for an Orangeman, considering those funny, wee three inch steps they take like they've keiched their breeks, cos they have to walk at the pace of the slowest wee barrel-shaped wummin in the white suit and big floppy hat.

The Torygraph reckons that Club 12's - sorry, Dundee's - opening league match at Killie could well be postponed if the SPL share isn't transferred over in time. Seems Chuckie might be using this as leverage against sanctions.

Is this shit-stirring nonsense written by Roddy Forsyth, by any chance? Chuckie doesn't have anything to do with that, that's with Haudit and Daudit (who?) and / or BDO. Any way, the SPL could just rewrite the rules, Dundee play in blue, after all.

Edited by Happy Buddie

The Torygraph reckons that Club 12's - sorry, Dundee's - opening league match at Killie could well be postponed if the SPL share isn't transferred over in time. Seems Chuckie might be using this as leverage against sanctions.

I don't think that's a likely outcome. It could be postponed because Dundee are scheduled to be in the 1st Round of the League Cup on the same date.