Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just seen this on SSN and thought I had to snap a pic and post it...

cHkao.jpg

I believe the P&B parlance for seeing those first six fixtures is PLEASING!!!! laugh.gif

Oddly - as I have never seen Motherwell play any of those teams, that looks excellent to me! :)

BBC Sport: "The new Rangers' admission to the Third Division could be in doubt over the Scottish Football Association's demand that it accepts a transfer embargo imposed on the old company."

So do you think we will actually see Sevco playing in the 3rd Division? I doubt it. I think they'd rather sit this season out and hope for league reconstruction.

Killie fans criticised MJ throughout for his candid thoughts on the subject and his decision to abstain (remember that he didn't vote yes, and that his vote had the same net outcome as the other 10).

Celtic fans, on the other hand, seem quite content that their club bottled commenting publicly, and instead left it to the other clubs to make public comment. Remember that there were idiots from Celtic supporters' clubs threatening boycotts of other clubs without even considering asking their own club to make their position clear.

Rangers were the only team who voted yes and the outcome was still the same!

Smashing article there chico! And there's the rub- the landscape has changed and the media (particularly the broadcast media) must change with it. New blood and ideas are desperately required as we head into the new era. But, as we all know, the bbc will still offer airtime to discredited dinosaurs such as Traynor, Young and the whole cabal of largely ex old firm pundits, who offer less insight than a dead body locked in the boot of a car. We need more exposure on the sfl....At least decent highlights of a big lower league game (not sevco Btw), a discussion show taking a look at new media outlets with enthusiastic young presenters (on the telly) which involves the fans. And as for the football itself, coverage alba style rather than sportscene. Oh, and bin "only an excuse". Been shite for years and a waste of money.

Yeah! Like Sarah O and Julyan Sinclair... :o

I'd say it's the opposite.

I'd rather see clubs deterred from taking the Newco route where you can simply return to SFL3 with your history intact. The outcome of liquidation should be that your history is all gone and that you have to start a completely new club.

That would be fine, if we lived in a world where the governing bodies dont try and shoehorn one of their cash cows into the highest division possible regardless of what everyone else thinks.

In your scenario, Greens newco would be a totally new club and have to apply for entry into Division 3, along with anyone else who wants to apply. All fine, so far. But, lets be realistic, there is not a snowballs chance in hell that any other club would have won a vote ahead of Greens newco. So, we would have been in exactly the same situation as now, except the newco would have left behind all the footballing debt, the disrepute charges (for which theyve already been found guilty) and the dual contract investigations (of which they will almost certainly be found guilty). Is that really better than allowing them to transfer the SFA membership, including history and punishments? Is it really worth letting them off with so much just so we can all point and laugh and tell them their club has never won anything?

To me, the history is irrelevant ... who cares, if newco fans claim 50 odd league titles for their club? Its far more important that they are not allowed to forget, or get away with, the scandalous mismanagement of the club over a period of many years.

I've posted elsewhere that the reason that Doncaster is still in a job is that the SPL chairmen don't want the real story leaking out. I have suspicions the Dundee United chairman may not be cast in a good light if the true story of the shenanigans were told; I'm absolutely certain that the Celtic chief executive and Celtic board would come out of it looking really, really bad.

You are not alone. Other posters :rolleyes: have also highlighted the fact that Regan and Doncaster know where all the bodies are buried. Petrie also, it could be argued, has blood on his hands due to his duplicity.

The thing that galls the f*ck out of me is the fact, as HJ has rightly pointed out, that Doncaster openly rubbished the "product" he was hired to promote. Now we are expected to do the "All is forgiven Neil, go and sell, sell, sell the product to the highest bidder".

Regan and Doncaster have to go. However, I think the only people with the clout and the will are the SFL chairmen. They need to call a No Confidence vote asap. (Why that cnut Ballantyne used his chairman's veto last week is beyond me - did Regan promise him a nice juicy seat on the new board too ?)

No MJ bottled even making a decision.

But this is a pointless debabte, Celtic stayed silent yes, but made the right decision when it came to the vote

Serious question - do you think Celtic would have played the omerta card had it been any other team ?

Again, the OF (as was) duopoly stranglehold exposed to the light.

The next couple of seasons will be very interesting for Celtic. Maybe DD will walk away................ :P

BBC Sport: "The new Rangers' admission to the Third Division could be in doubt over the Scottish Football Association's demand that it accepts a transfer embargo imposed on the old company."

So do you think we will actually see Sevco playing in the 3rd Division? I doubt it. I think they'd rather sit this season out and hope for league reconstruction.

But wait! there's more

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/rangers-sfa-application-complicated-by-the-secrets-still-protected-by-sevco.18171168

I just saw Charles Green's interview on SSN. He mentioned that he is going to be entering into discussions with UEFA over the next few days to try and come to an "amicable" solution regarding the oldco debts. I found that quite puzzling, as surely the whole point of the newco was that the oldco debts are nothing to do with it! Which leads me to believe he has now been advised he can only use the Rangers name and intellectual property, as well as refer to their history, if he accepts the oldco's football debts.

To be honest I don't know why he is bothering. If it was me in his place I'd just say stuff the oldco debt, create a new club crest, rename Sevco as "The Govan Rangers", put them in a blue/white/black strip (with a nice orange and purple away number to make a mint from the hardcore bigot section of the support) and the chances are the orc hordes would, for the most part, be back at Ibrox singing their usual ditties.

In fact, once UEFA tell him to do one that's probably what will end up happening.

On another subject does anyone know if these very high estimates of Ibrox and MP running costs will still apply once most of the support staff have been laid off? They could probably make some cash to put towards running MP by renting out the all weather pitches to local teams for training, and once certain sections of Ibrox are mothballed will it really cost that much to maintain? The pitch will probably end up a right state though as they won't be able to afford to use those grass-growing heat lamps anymore, and the height of the stands will mean the amount of natural sunlight making it to the pitch will be minimal.

I'm surprised that none of the long-term Orc unemployed have approached Chuck with offers of voluntary work. Things like general cleaning, grass cutting and putting the dustsheets over the seats in 3 stands could be carried out for free. They could then "bank" their voluntary hours towards the cost of an ST once ZombieH*ns are back in the top flight.

Jist a thought. :unsure:

You are not alone. Other posters :rolleyes: have also highlighted the fact that Regan and Doncaster know where all the bodies are buried. Petrie also, it could be argued, has blood on his hands due to his duplicity.

The thing that galls the f*ck out of me is the fact, as HJ has rightly pointed out, that Doncaster openly rubbished the "product" he was hired to promote. Now we are expected to do the "All is forgiven Neil, go and sell, sell, sell the product to the highest bidder".

Regan and Doncaster have to go. However, I think the only people with the clout and the will are the SFL chairmen. They need to call a No Confidence vote asap. (Why that cnut Ballantyne used his chairman's veto last week is beyond me - did Regan promise him a nice juicy seat on the new board too ?)

I don't trust Ballantyne but to be fair an SFL meeting is not the venue to discuss a vote of confidence in the SFA chief executive. Maybe they should have had a vote on their own chief executive, Longmuir, who is just as culpable but seems to be getting an easy time of it.

Keep the tricolour, by all means. Then go and play in a country where that, and you r songs, and your attitude, are more acceptable.

I wasn't asking permission to keep the tri-colour , I was simply asking why you think we should drop it.

Celtic are and always will be, a Scottish club with Irish roots . If you have a problem with chants from the support or banners being displayed then fair enough , most Celtic fans would agree with you on that, but a flag ?

Anyway , are you confident that most supporters would back you up on the...."your next " part of your post ?

Given the stance of your clubs chairman and the bottling out of the vote , I'd say if any club were to be deemed "next" theres a good chance it might be Killie !