Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Caley Thistle vs Rangers at Tannadice is the only one I can think of being moved in recent-ish times. Even that must have been about 15-16 years ago. I can't remember if that was forced upon them by the SFA due to Telford Street being unsuitable, or if they just took advantage of the opportunity to earn some extra cash.

Didn't Celtic play a Junior mob a few seasons back at a league ground?

Seem to remember years and years ago Rangers playing a highland league team at Pittodrie.

Think it may have been Keith.

Yep, it was the third round of the 95-96 Scottish Cup. Rangers won 10-1 :lol:

Whitehill played Celtic at Easter Road in the same round of the Scottish Cup that year.

Article from that era discussing the cup draw and Rangers signing Mario Jardel

In the 80's (I think) Rangers got to the league cup final with ALL of their games played at a neutral venue. Cant remember all of the teams that they were drawn away to but pretty sure Meadowbank was one of them.

I'll amend that. they did have a couple of home draws but games against Cowdenbeath and Meadowbank were moved.

Edited by SelkirkSaint

Didn't Celtic play a Junior mob a few seasons back at a league ground?

They played Whitehill Welfare around 15 years ago, and I'm sure it was played at Whitehills home ground.

Edit to correct myself, they played it at Easter Road, the day after Rangers took 10 off Keith.

Edited by Ross.

Yep, it was the third round of the 95-96 Scottish Cup. Rangers won 10-1 :lol:

Whitehill played Celtic at Easter Road in the same round of the Scottish Cup that year.

Article from that era discussing the cup draw and Rangers signing Mario Jardel

I think those may well be the most recent examples in the Scotttish Cup, certainly nothing more recent springs to mind. East Fife moved a League Cup tie v Rangers to East End Park a few years back (which shouldn't have been allowed either).

They played Whitehill Welfare around 15 years ago, and I'm sure it was played at Whitehills home ground.

Think it was Easter Road.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Wow... I would have said that was about 5 years ago.

Time flies...

Just had a wee squizzy on follow follow.

All their problems are caused by Lawwell, senior Roman Catholic church members (and the funds they can use), SNP, Regan is a bigot who has offered no support just punishment, and John Reid is gettin it now.

Funny that Regan bent over backwards to help them and not a word that their problems are of their own making.

They are a strange breed

Just had a wee squizzy on follow follow.

All their problems are caused by Lawwell, senior Roman Catholic church members (and the funds they can use), SNP, Regan is a bigot who has offered no support just punishment, and John Reid is gettin it now.

Funny that Regan bent over backwards to help them and not a word that their problems are of their own making.

They are a strange breed

I'm confused.. I thought they had got what they wanted? Div 3...

Surely they are cock-a-hoop...

Thought this seemed like an ideal time to revisist some very recent Traytor quotes in Retard, here's one for starters:

It took them a while to realise that so many supporters of SPL clubs seem to despise them and there is now a belief it would be best to go down to the Third.

Too late. They won't be allowed. Deals have been done. There have been endless meetings, both formal and informal, as chairmen and directors sweated and panicked about what to do with Rangers while pretending to be in pursuit of sporting integrity.

When they get together next week they should have their heads bowed not because of the severity of the judgment about to be handed down but because of shame. What they are about to do has absolutely nothing to do with integrity or justice.

They will vote, as they always do, for self preservation knowing that more than one season without Rangers and the money their presence will generate would risk their own survival.

They know Rangers should be sent to the Third but can't afford to lose them for too long and the irony is that even though Rangers probably want to go all the way to the bottom they won't be allowed.

Edit to correct myself, they played it at Easter Road, the day after Rangers took 10 off Keith.

Whitehill Welfare are East of Scotland senior team. Celtic have never played a competitive game against a Junior team.

Alloa played Celtic at Brockville in the Scottish Cup back in 2002 after police decided the Recs was unsuitable to host the match due to it's small capacity.

Speaking of the Retard, I see on page 7 today they're now officially backing the sell out Saturday thing. That's one hell of a brass neck, considering the paper spent the last month saying these clubs would be dead in weeks.

Speaking of the Retard, I see on page 7 today they're now officially backing the sell out Saturday thing. That's one hell of a brass neck, considering the paper spent the last month saying these clubs would be dead in weeks.

The bandwagon is dead... long live the bandwagon

Agree, but would we really have expected any the less?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/111230-scottish-fa-rangers-newco-do-not-have-to-provide-old-accounts/

Which begs 2 questions.......

1. Surely the OldCo accounts that NewCo are using to gain membership is one of the reasons that OldCo is no more? If Spartans handed in these accounts which showed cheating, lying and other shenanigans, their application would be torn up as soon as it was taken out of the envelope.

2. Are the SFA really going to ask rankers 2.0 if the punishements they wish to impose are ok with the club instead of just telling them that's the way it's going to be? It seems they will only go ahead with punishments only if Green says it's ok with him.

It's time the SFA/SPL told Green "these are the punishments we are laying down. We don't care if you don't like them, coz you don't have a say in the matter. If you don't like it then f**k off."

All the way through this Green and Sally have been too involved in the decision making of the SFA and SPL. Every meeting they are there pleading their case, or involved when I really don't see any need for them to be there.

Green is only there for the money, and Sally is an ex player that when he gets the sack from Ipox will be giving us his "expert" analysis on BBC Sportsound as no other club in Scotland would even consider taking him on as a manager as he has proven only that he is useless.

I'm confused.. I thought they had got what they wanted? Div 3...

Surely they are cock-a-hoop...

The penny has been dropping for a looooooooooong time, but mibbe, jist mibbe, they're starting to get the big picture, particularly regarding potential (lack) of playing staff, if SFA insist embargo is a necessary requirement for membership. Perhaps Mr Hateley's vision :blink: of 4-in-a-row is starting to fade. Any guesses on how long their expulsion to the wilderness (no disrepect meant, wee diddies) of Div 3 would last if that penalty is applied?