Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just when it looked like the thread was running out of steam a bit, we've hit Monday morning and the next five days could be most interesting.

so just to be clear.......end of business on friday is the deadline to end all deadlines ?

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23911276/

The guy is a legend, sadly he seems to have hit on hard times as he once had wealth off the radar

I know your comment is tongue in cheek and that the article is written for a 5 year old but it's actually pretty galling that a guy as untrustworthy as Whyte is still functioning at any level other than the gutter considering he owes decent folk a substantial amount of money !

It's something I've mulled over a few times when I've been in the company of 'money', wondering if any of the smartly dressed folk at the function were 'overdrawn' to the tunes of millions whist continuing to live a life of luxury !

So Traynor is now predicting that the SFL could run a parallel top flight league and take European spots from the SPL:

"The SFA would probably be unable to resist a wish by the SFL and Rangers to stand alone and demand European places because they couldn't rule in favour of, say,

eight or nine SPL clubs against 30 in the SFL. After all, haven't the SPL been insisting

the voice of the majority must be heard?"

Ridiculous stuff - is he now going the way of Leggo and completely losing his marbles?

Well they are best friends

I know your comment is tongue in cheek and that the article is written for a 5 year old but it's actually pretty galling that a guy as untrustworthy as Whyte is still functioning at any level other than the gutter considering he owes decent folk a substantial amount of money !

It's something I've mulled over a few times when I've been in the company of 'money', wondering if any of the smartly dressed folk at the function were 'overdrawn' to the tunes of millions whist continuing to live a life of luxury !

I love how the Daily Record completely glosses over "Sir" David Murray's tenure........after all he was the bastion of fair play and business ethics ! rolleyes.gif

Also, if Craig Whyte is a "spiv" what does that make the Records, Keith Jackson ?!blink.gif

Traynor is now predicting that the SFL could run a parallel top flight league and take European spots from the SPL:

Ridiculous stuff - is he now going the way of Leggo and completely losing his marbles?

He lost them a long time ago....remember this is the guy that was adamant that the chairmen would listen to their bank managers long before they would listen to their fans :lol:

He lost them a long time ago....remember this is the guy that was adamant that the chairmen would listen to their bank managers long before they would listen to their fans :lol:

Worlds biggest case of wishful thinking I'd say ! biggrin.gif

so just to be clear.......end of business on friday is the deadline to end all deadlines ?

Don't think so - looks like they just have to lodge the application by then.

Grant Russell@STVGrantTo dispel myth, Friday not the SFL cut-off for Sevco to gain Rangers' SFA membership. 14 day rule is time in which application must be made.

Retweeted by Wings Over ScotlandExpand

So Traynor is now predicting that the SFL could run a parallel top flight league and take European spots from the SPL:

"The SFA would probably be unable to resist a wish by the SFL and Rangers to stand alone and demand European places because they couldn't rule in favour of, say,

eight or nine SPL clubs against 30 in the SFL. After all, haven't the SPL been insisting

the voice of the majority must be heard?"

I read the "After all, haven't the SPL been insisting the voice of the majority must be heard" bit in the tones of a spoiled child not getting their way.

Someone should perhaps point out to oor Jim that he's making a bit of a leap from clubs listening to fan wishes to see a new club start at the bottom rung of the SFL ladder to those nasty mean SFL clubs demanding European places, and that Uefa and Fifa may have a thing or two to say about the latter, making it a non-starter.

Don't think so - looks like they just have to lodge the application by then.

Grant Russell@STVGrantTo dispel myth, Friday not the SFL cut-off for Sevco to gain Rangers' SFA membership. 14 day rule is time in which application must be made.

Retweeted by Wings Over ScotlandExpand

But if the membership is not granted by Friday how can they play in a game at the weekend in an SFA approved competition ???

But if the membership is not granted by Friday how can they play in a game at the weekend in an SFA approved competition ???

Dunno, they may be allowed to play if their application is given a cursory glance and seems to be in order, just to keep things moving...but given the amount of scrutiny this issue is receiving I'm not sure that would be wise. I'm not sure how they can be approved for license before the August 10 deadline in any case.

aww ffs Mr traynor, I pacifically told you to stay in bed and away from the laptop UNTIL you've had your medsph34r.gif

Specifically, unless his laptop is in the Pacific ocean?

I've also never seen an answer, other than 'cos they are ra peeple', as to why they are negotiating their punishment and are not just being issued with it. Is there a genuine reason for this that I'm missing?

From the BBC website

Sunday 29th July 2012 This table charts the fixtures during Sunday 29th July 2012 Ramsdens Challenge Cup - First Round North-East

Show last 5 matches and coverage Fixture Kick-off Status

Show Brechin V The Rangers FC 15:05

So this is the name the BBC are runing with

Dunno, they may be allowed to play if their application is given a cursory glance and seems to be in order, just to keep things moving...but given the amount of scrutiny this issue is receiving I'm not sure that would be wise. I'm not sure how they can be approved for license before the August 10 deadline in any case.

It's useful too, that their first 2 matches are in cup competitions.

If it all goes tits after that, it's easier to lob them out of a cup or 2 (if they are still in, EF and BC fans!) than have a league programme stuffed up.

I've also never seen an answer, other than 'cos they are ra peeple', as to why they are negotiating their punishment and are not just being issued with it. Is there a genuine reason for this that I'm missing?

Buns in high places